[GPS/AGPS] REAL solution analysis thread (Jupiter Tweaks) - v006! - Froyo JI6

Search This thread

chrisryn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
I am driving all weekend I would be willing to test and post my tracks results.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Joe1981AL

Apr 12, 2008
ok nice 40 minute motorcycle drive with the lbstestmode "gps plus" turned off, and the frqplan and rftype changed.

I get lock in under a minute after a reboot, and get a lock after that in less than 10 seconds.

Well I'm still driving through trees and houses. Seems even a lane change at speed throws me out into the woods. Or maybe my GPS thinks I've got judge dredd's ride :)

will be putting back to stock jupiter.xml for now until I find something else I want to play with.

CLShortFuse

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2007
Here's a slight tweak. You can get a quicker hot fix when you lose signal (doesn't clear values) and it should have there should be a stronger signal now with LNA enabled.

(first first post)

I'm going to play on finding the right oscillation. As far as I can tell, everyone should be use this new Jupiter now. the crazy stuff comes later.

Last edited:

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
I tried the first jupiter that you posted, no significant difference in overall performance. Looks to get better dbhz but lost my position on a short drive in overcast weather.

I'll try the other version tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

CLShortFuse

Feb 28, 2007
Well, I was going to upload a new version with LNA and no memory wipe on fix but now i'm not getting gps to turn on...

more testing!!!

CLShortFuse

Feb 28, 2007
I think i fixed this relock issue. I'm getting 7[*] in my bedroom.
When it loses signal for a split second, it no longer lags. I'm not sure about accuracy while driving though.

Check first post!

m1n1on

Apr 11, 2010
Been following this thread quite closely and with the news:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=792013

sounds like we have lost pages 8-11.

I managed to recover pages 9 and 10 from my cache, so if anyone else can try going into "offline" mode and trying to recover pages 8 and 11 we won't lose any of the hard work some of the guys have done.

I've attached 9-10 in the zip file.

Attachments

• pages9-10.zip
    43.3 KB · Views: 35

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Grrrr. Of all the threads to lose.... :D

Oh well. My GPS is mych better thanks to the Jupiter.xml posted in post 1. Looking forward to seeing it improve even more. I'm ready to help out in any way necessary.

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Jupiter v001 Test

I installed Jupiter v001 yesterday before I left for work. I went into LbstestMode and deleted GPS data, and restarted the device. I started the GPS when I was outside, I was shocked at how quickly it found, and locked birds. It was much faster than I'd seen with stock jf6, and now with Cognition's 2.1. I was expecting a good run and steady lock on my way into work, I did expect a couple of drops, I figured it was to be expected, but that wasn't the case as you can see by my jpeg. The blue was the My Tracks and GPS tracking, the red was my actual. The trip was aprox 10 min long and the trip moves from the left to the right. The first drop (farthest left) is in an area that has a known AT&T dark area. I always drop any calls in that few blocks.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 437

NetCopAD

May 19, 2009
Sux as all the tracks I've seen :(
I just can't believe how arrogant Samsung can be to sell millions of devices with this problem and not even have an official statement about it.

Sep 15, 2008
I can only get one satellite in view with v001.. in standalone mode. It's not always the same satellite though, and it always resides due north.

EDIT: Deleted GPS data, and waited under the clear blue sky for satellites to populate Test Mode. All seems well now, but I can't give input on accuracy because "My Tracks" is force closing.

Last edited:

Lencias

Sep 23, 2010
... am I the only one not getting results from the Jupiter fix? All it did was bork my GPS even more, and now it literally can't see ANYTHING, not a single satellite.

CLShortFuse

Feb 28, 2007
... am I the only one not getting results from the Jupiter fix? All it did was bork my GPS even more, and now it literally can't see ANYTHING, not a single satellite.

I've seen that happen to me when testing. It wouldn't find anything
I'd repush the jupiter.xml file, delete GPS Data (with LBSTestMode) and reboot until it started working

chrisryn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
When I first pushed the jupiter.xml i could not see a single sat. I went into lbstestmode deleted gps data and set the supl server to googles. Best the gps has ever worked.

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Im having opposite problem. Can't see or lock on to any thing. Worked fine this morning. Grrrrr

DKirk

Sep 22, 2010
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
I had the same experience, except I did not yet install the new Jupiter file. I've messed with the GPS settings so much that all I could get is one satellite, faintly. I went outside and got absolutely perfect clear sky and still just the one blasted satellite. I'm on the edge of the Edge network, if that means anything. Out of frustration I got in the truck and drove a few miles north and suddenly 11 satellites popped up! Perfect tracking. Now even here at the house where I had only one satellite I've got 9-10. VERY WEIRD - all I did was go for a drive and it suddenly started working, and it's still working great. Again, I have not yet installed the new Jupiter and it suddenly started working after a quick road trip, this after I spent two hours messing with it in the house and out in the yard, rebooting, go outside, go back inside, I simply do not know! The only thing for certain is this blasted GPS subsystem is certainly whacked! For so many people to have so many different results from so many different fixture vectors, I'm stunned and bewildered. Now that I have a working GPS again I'm afraid to touch it. I'm wondering if the supl files weren't downloading via a solid WiFi connection at the house and needed a more solid cell signal that I got in the drive?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Funny, how you can work with people on these forums and not really know much about the person. I'm a dude lol. Just weird having to state that :)

Yeah, funny. Part of the anonymity of the Internet. Nice working with you, dude. :D

BTW...if I'm not mistaken (haven been to first page of this thread for a while), I think the Jupiter files is what started this thread. Go to first page, and do some reading there.

Also, at this point, I too don't really know what they do. I've just been willing to experiment with anything to improve the GPS.