[ROM][03.23.13] CyanogenMod 10 on HTC DNA; Audio WIP)

Search This thread

munchy_cool

Apr 6, 2008
void (0)
Not trying to be an a$$ but peeps lets keep this thread only for the devs and people working on the port to comment, coming in and posting things like waiting to try, awesome etc does not help at all.

//end rant. peace.

papi92

Nov 15, 2009
For the video drivers. I want to try the generic coding provided by Qualcomm and not HTC.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: stevedub40

papi92

Nov 15, 2009
I believe so. After checking. I'm looking to start with the most code provided by adreno or whoever the maker is and go from there. I havent worked with aosp since the incredible so Ya. I need to get back into the swing of things.

cpu999

Sep 7, 2011
is it possible to take the gpu drivers off of mako (nexus 4)?
they use the same processor

papi92

Nov 15, 2009
Yes same processor but doesn't mean the driver will work. Lots of different elements. Screen and radios for example.

papi92

Nov 15, 2009
Nope. Its made for sense I believe. Give me a little. I have to hold my hangout at droidrzr then ill be reading for into jellybean roms and aosp. Once again I'm new to this. I did gingerbread and quit.

drewX2

Feb 28, 2006
San Diego
For the video drivers. I want to try the generic coding provided by Qualcomm and not HTC.

Not quite sure what you mean. Much of the coding is actually generic. You choose which module you'd like to support while building the kernel.

isnt the DNA's gpu adreno 320?

It is, however our factory sense roms use these libs and specify adreno200 in the egl.cfg

Last edited:

papi92

Nov 15, 2009
See in older sense roms for gb it wasn't generic. It was heavly changed for the skin. I know htc really cut down on sense. But thank you for the info.

idkwhothatis123

Oct 16, 2010
This is above my knowledge. Took a crack at it. Basic knowledge in coding but were damn near rebuilding drivers. :confused:

Sent from my DNA.

MyComputerDoctor

How can i help. I never liked coding much but am willing to get back into it just to help see this happen.

Download the device tree, an AOSP repo and start plugging away. You can grab a device tree from myself or drew. Mine is at github.com/FactoryROM/android_device_htc_dlx

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

renzo.olivares

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2011
you actually should use the EGL's from Mako they are more or less generic and should work, they work fine on the sgs3

Reactions: xaocon

drewX2

Feb 28, 2006
San Diego
Download the device tree, an AOSP repo and start plugging away. You can grab a device tree from myself or drew. Mine is at github.com/FactoryROM/android_device_htc_dlx

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

This is a good tip. He's building AOSP and this thread is CM focused. So pick your poison. not all code is not interchangable. There are quite a few differences.

you actually should use the EGL's from Mako they are more or less generic and should work, they work fine on the sgs3

Thanks for the tip. I have actually three separate builds going on (CM/AOSPx2). Ill see if that helps.

sakindia123

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 6, 2011
Noida
Hi..I faced a similar problem with cm for HTC explorer,so would like to point out,did u guys clean up init.device.rc from HTC crap?it actually stops the device from booting,and even your device suggests so

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo-cid.png

[ Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 Build on HTC DNA ]
    git @ https://github.com/drewx2/android/ (Updated to download all necessary repos)

..CURRENT BUILD NOTES/HISTORY..

03.24.13: CM10 doesn't include support for csd-client enabled phones (which we need). I have built a work around for it to utilize our csd-client lib; hopefully it brings audio one step closer.

My audio changes can be found at a separate git repo @ https://github.com/drewx2/android_hardware_qcom

03.23.13: Current Audio Status

I have some time to look at things, so here just getting started and thought I would post the first strace for those interested. Looks promising and not too difficult.
    Code:
    writev(4, [{"\4", 1}, {"AudioHardwareALSA\0", 18}, {"ucm instance opened: 1082445752\0", 32}], 3) = 51
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioFlinger\0", 13}, {"int android::load_audio_interfac"..., 103}], 3) = 117
    writev(4, [{"\4", 1}, {"AudioFlinger\0", 13}, {"loadHwModule() error -22 loading"..., 49}], 3) = 63
    writev(4, [{"\5", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"could not open HW module primary"..., 33}], 3) = 57
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"Not output found for attached de"..., 47}], 3) = 71
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"Failed to open primary output\0", 30}], 3) = 54
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"getDeviceForStrategy() speaker d"..., 74}], 3) = 98
    clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, {205, 684889413}) = 0
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"getDeviceForStrategy() speaker d"..., 74}], 3) = 98
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyService\0", 19}, {"couldn't init_check the audio po"..., 54}], 3) = 74
    ioctl(3, 0xc0186201, 0xbe961a28)        = 0

Complete strace available here: http://bit.ly/Xx3M0v

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There won't be any builds posted until one of the "not working" items has been fixed. I mostly likely will focus on audio this weekend.

If you have something meaningful to share, please visit http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=CM10DNA

03.04.13 @ 03:29AM: Wifi *now* really working

03.04.13 @ 03:29AM: Wifi now working.

Enable 3 dot menu: Settings -> Hardware keys -> Show action overflow [check]

Working:
    Radio/RIL (no sound, so can't hear yet), SMS / MMS, 3G / 4G Data, Display, Orientation, Sensors, Lights, NFC, Torch, GPS (not tested), Wifi

Not working:
    Camera, Audio, Bluetooth

To Do list
    I plan to do bionic/kernel optimizations once all features working.

..INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS..
    If you do not have S-OFF, you need to unzip the file and flash the boot.img inside via fastboot.

Install Instructions:
    1) Download http://bit.ly/W0RAY8
    2) Reboot to recovery of your choosing; wipe system/data/dalvik-cache/cache.
    3) Install downloaded zip
    4) Reboot.
    5) Enjoy.

Google Apps @ http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

.SPECIAL THANKS FOR DONATING.
    RuinedByMTV, drmp3z
    kronikings, danahern, karn101, Majik Mushroomz, Matt P., Matt B., pio_masaki, Droidika, Wheelchairmitch, MrIcky, liquidhaste, jamiethemorris, rainabba

.SPECIAL THANKS.
    Flyhalf205, x3demond3x[debugging]
    dsb9938 [cmdline boot option]
    x3demond3x [egl fix]
    Jarocks [resized bootanimation/debugging], pio_masaki [debugging],

jcase [unlock], dees_troy [twrp], beaups, jcase, Dr_Drache, dsb9938 [S-OFF]
    .... and of course the CyanogenMod team and those who laid the foundation for the DNA....

..WANT TO HELP? HERE ARE SOME DEBUGGING TIPS..
    1) Flash boot.img
    2) On cmdline do "adb logcat"

If you're ever in the mood to donate, don't forget about the others that have helped advance the HTC DNA to new levels (e.g. dsb9938, jcase, Dr_Drache, beaups, CM team, or XDA for bringing us all together!). Although, I may be working on CM and it may seem like a completely different project, in many ways we all rely on each other to help make the DNA better. :)
    4g data working
    Radio is now completely working. I just made my first call to myself :)
    Wifi fixed. Will upload zip shortly after I figure out which one of my builds fixed it...

Do I have to fix pretty much everything? lol...what happened with all the other devs out there?

odKm3ST.jpg
    Zip is up with complete working radio. Test away.