[Q] MMS compatible video codec

Search This thread

wrt34u7

Oct 31, 2013
I want to send a small video clip via MMS. I converted a clip to make it playable on my phone and it looks like this:

video codec: H.264/AVC
file type: mp4 iso v.2
audio: MPEG-2/4, 44100 Hz, 128 kbps
size: 100 kB (has to be under 300 kB because that's the limit in my country)

It plays just fine on my S2, but when I sent it to another person, they said they can't retrieve it.

What can I do to make it work?

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
Upload it to cloud storage and text your friend a link to it...

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right :):D

camp0s

Jun 13, 2011
I want to send a small video clip via MMS. I converted a clip to make it playable on my phone and it looks like this:

video codec: H.264/AVC
file type: mp4 iso v.2
audio: MPEG-2/4, 44100 Hz, 128 kbps
size: 100 kB (has to be under 300 kB because that's the limit in my country)

It plays just fine on my S2, but when I sent it to another person, they said they can't retrieve it.

What can I do to make it work?

Converted how/where? Which program do you use for thre playback? MMS_system use old and not flexible formats; usually it works, but you have to do everything from the phone. Alternatively, you can use whatsapp/telegram or.. plain old email attachment :D

wrt34u7

Oct 31, 2013
Converted how/where? Which program do you use for thre playback? MMS_system use old and not flexible formats; usually it works, but you have to do everything from the phone. Alternatively, you can use whatsapp/telegram or.. plain old email attachment :D

I used AVS converter on my PC and copied the file to my phone using a cable. I use MX Player to watch videos on my phone.