Opera Browser beta is the best browser

Search This thread

moayyash

Sep 10, 2007
Testing all browser including Dolphin, native, skyfire.... the best on all test Opera.

I compared Opera with Safari running on ipad (matching result)

check acidtest.org both score 100/100

mach330

Feb 10, 2010
can you give me more details on what is actually better? speed? i've used stock and dolphin and they both still lag. that's my main beef with the tab so far is that browser lags. does is still lag in opera?

paulshields

Nov 17, 2006
Liverpool
How does it handle pinch to zoom and double tap to enlarge the column you tapped? I'm currently enjoying the latest Miren RC as it's so smooth, but anything that is even faster may be enough to change my mind :).

AndyGarton

Jan 20, 2006
Opera is the smoothest browser as it is GPU accelerated on the Tab. As an overall package it isn't quite up there with the likes of Miren or Dolphin imo.

peestandingup

Nov 10, 2009
No offense to anyone, but I think Opera sucks **** through a garden hose. Who cares about speed if half of the pages don't render correctly.

I'll never understand the Opera lovers.

cramjammer

Oct 18, 2010
Indiana
its all choice and opinion but Miren is very nice looking, fast, (at least faster then stock on my GT) and intuitive. i used Dolphin HD but something simpler and appealing about Miren made me bounce...
my two cents.

knightnz

Dec 12, 2009
Wellington
A couple of times a year for the best part of a decade, I give the various Opera browsers another try, and I always find them to be a complete waste of time, either they're slow, they don't render pages "correctly", or their UI is just a complete mess. I'm sure it's fine in _some_ cases, but for my uses I find it to be horrible when compared with some of the other alternatives.

FWIW - Firefox mobile isn't looking promising, takes too long to start and doesn't seem to accept pages passed to it from many apps to open. I'll stick with DolphinHD until something that is better all-round turns up.

Edit: Hadn't heard of the Miren browser until just now, having a look at it and I'm quite impressed. Might make my primary for a while.

Last edited:

peestandingup

Nov 10, 2009
I also like Miren, but does anyone know why it always stays "zoomed in" on certain pages? For instance, if I load this web page on Miren (or any other browser besides Dolphin that is based off of the stock browser), it always loads up zoomed in to the upper left of the page. No matter what zoom settings or text size I tell it to use, still the same. Dolphin HD is the only one that doesnt do this.

Anyone??

eskasi

Apr 25, 2006
I can't live without gesture support.... Dolphin HD for me... just hope they keep on improving it. Pinch to zoom could be smoother :(

Geletis

Aug 10, 2010
I also like Miren, but does anyone know why it always stays "zoomed in" on certain pages? For instance, if I load this web page on Miren (or any other browser besides Dolphin that is based off of the stock browser), it always loads up zoomed in to the upper left of the page. No matter what zoom settings or text size I tell it to use, still the same. Dolphin HD is the only one that doesnt do this.

Anyone??

Go into settings and turn on "Panorama"

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Indeed you are a noob. Dolphin is still superior. CPU acceleration ammounts to squat for us tab users. And the rendering, lack of user agent support, dodgy Java implementation (serverside) all make opera the worst mobile browser out there for the tab.
No offence, but you sir a noob.

Geletis

Aug 10, 2010
I have tried every browser out there and xscope is hands down the best.

Why? I've read a few of these endorsements of Xscope, but there are rarely any reasons given.

I find Miren to have a much better user interface than any of the others. When it comes to features and customization, Miren is equal to or better than the rest. Miren is also very stable while being as fast or nearly as fast as any of the others.

Most importantly, Miren's interface seems designed for tablet use.

seven2099

Sep 14, 2010
Montreal
I agree! I'm trying the trail of xscope, but I don't think it is that much better than stock. I'm not convinced yet.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

Just go and compare viewing Gizmodo or Engadget, Full. Not the mobile sites. but the actual full ones.

You will clearly see how sluggish and slow the regular browser is compared to opera.

Sadly Opera is really fast but as another person here said its lacking a lot of features and one of the most annoying bugs is that links do not get picked up correctly. I used it heavily as it is the smoothest browser (mainly due to its compression features) but I always had to zoom in to click small links..

drove me insane.

My 0.02