[AOSPA 4.3 JLS36C] PARANOlDANDROID 3.99-RC2 (OCT20) | HALO | HYBRID | PIE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aheeejd

So, I might have gone about this the wrong way. I wanted to disable the hardware capacitive keys and enable the softkeys in paranoid. I couldn't find an option in settings anywhere to do so, so I went ahead and edited build.prop and added qemu.hw.mainkeys=0. Rebooted and bam, boot logo never dissapears. Was able to fix it through adb in recovery, but i need some help on how to do this properly. I want to disable the capacitive keys and enable the softkeys. Any advice?

To turn in screen nav buttons, settings/hybrid properties/interface/ slide nav bar slider to whatever % you want. 100% being the biggest. And to turn off hardware keys, should be a setting called advanced/screen/ scroll down to bottom & uncheck

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

To turn in screen nav buttons, settings/hybrid properties/interface/ slide nav bar slider to whatever % you want. 100% being the biggest. And to turn off hardware keys, should be a setting called advanced/screen/ scroll down to bottom & uncheck

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

Almost there! The screen % wasn't taking affect because i had fullscreen pie enabled. Looks great now. Turning off the backlight didn't help though, the capacitive keys still function. Is there another option to disable their actual functionality? After the last blunder with build.prop, I don't want to mess with the keymap to try and disable the hardware keys that way, lest I break something else. Any way built into the rom to disable the hardware keys? I think im actually running 3.57 , not 3.60 right now if thats pertinent...

skw5115

Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well, gonna have to just handle it with keymaps, got word from some paranoid android peeps that non capacitive phones are not specifically supported, so im sol there. Which keymap.kl does the Note 2 use? There are a lot of vendor id's and i dont know which one applies to this device.

Use a file manager with root...navigate to System/usr/keylayout/sec_touchkey.kl ... Comment out the back and menu keys by putting # in front of both key 158 and key 139 ...for the home key in the keylayout folder edit the gpio-keys.kl file and put a # before key 172. Don't forget to save both and reboot and you should be good.

Sent from my SPH-l900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: Sess

Viva La Ant

Aug 9, 2012
Does Anyone Kno Y All My Files Dissapear On 4.2 ROMs nd Wen I Go Back To A 4.1 ROM All My Files Are In A Folder Named 0

xplus93

May 25, 2010
So what are the bugs with this? In the OP it says any bugs from CM, and on their OP it says a few things, most importantly is the GPS issue. So what doesn't work or is buggy in the latest release of this rom, and is the latest release in the OP or later in the thread?

jemarent

May 9, 2008
I had bad luck with sprint data too. Both 4g and 3g.i also couldn't get a gps lock even with the fix. I had to go back to the older 3.60

Sent from my SPH-l900 using xda premium

jemarent

May 9, 2008
I had bad luck with sprint data too. Both 4g and 3g.i also couldn't get a gps lock even with the fix. I had to go back to the older 3.60

Oh boy, i'm getting the phone crashing again. I just went to a TW rom and changed it from global to cdma/lte and restored PA. Still no luck. What happened to the last build?

necorbin

Oct 14, 2007
Augusta, GA
I loved this rom earlier, but the darker camera compared to TW was a dealbreaker... Has that been fixed?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

skw5115

Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I loved this rom earlier, but the darker camera compared to TW was a dealbreaker... Has that been fixed?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Oh boy, i'm getting the phone crashing again. I just went to a TW rom and changed it from global to cdma/lte and restored PA. Still no luck. What happened to the last build?

Latest build works fine for me...everything works well except I haven't managed to get LTE...the camera will never be quite as good as the one on touchwiz IMO though it still takes good pics

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Actually, I was running 3.57 and having the phone constantly crashing. Just updated to the jun21 3.60 release and things are working perfectly now. On a side note, does the PA updater work on the note 2 builds? I got an error saying my device is not yet supported, but i also heard on IRC that its related to the version #, not my actual phone... Anyway, Im really loving PA, completely rebirthed the interest in my phone. :)

jemarent

May 9, 2008
I got my phone app to start making calls again. However if I take call while on another call it messes up the app. After I hang up with both calls I can't place another call. It just says call ended immediately.

Now I'm not able to get lte. Is anyone else having issues with 4g lte?

cmart4

Nov 21, 2007
Prosper, TX
OnePlus 9 Pro
I got my phone app to start making calls again. However if I take call while on another call it messes up the app. After I hang up with both calls I can't place another call. It just says call ended immediately.

Now I'm not able to get lte. Is anyone else having issues with 4g lte?

there are lte ril issues with cm10 on which the base of these aosp roms are built
. if u need lte, may wanna go back to tw for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts