FORUMS

[GUIDE] No-Wipe Factory Images (Restore from any soft-brick without wiping data)

2,650 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,721

Post Reply Email Thread
4th October 2015, 09:52 PM |#231  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FernBch

All you need is the OF1 image to return to stock, a Google search should locate one

There is no "relocking" the bootloader. None of the I545 bootloaders could be unlocked. The only one that could be exploited was MDK through a process called Loki. That was the only one that allowed the installation of a custom recovery.

To verify your bootloader use a terminal emulator program and type getprop ro.bootloader, the result will tell what you have. You will want that image.

Very good, thank you! I am running I545VRUGOF1. I have to say that I am a bit hesitant to grab that image from a random site. Is there and official repo? I would love to be able to confirm that the file is as expected via MD5, etc. I don't imagine Verizon provides the images themselves. Thanks for clarifying the "relocking". When my device boots the icon is unlocked. I had rooted a previous version, but subsequent updates killed that. Right now I'm just trying to get back to stock.
6th February 2016, 09:00 PM |#232  

Donate to Me
More
no recovery screen with OF1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FernBch

All you need is the OF1 image to return to stock, a Google search should locate one

There is no "relocking" the bootloader. None of the I545 bootloaders could be unlocked. The only one that could be exploited was MDK through a process called Loki. That was the only one that allowed the installation of a custom recovery.

To verify your bootloader use a terminal emulator program and type getprop ro.bootloader, the result will tell what you have. You will want that image.

Hi.* I rooted our two Verizon S4 i545 phones using the guide on
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...2#post64999442
I used ODIN to get back my current OF1 kernel.* I had received a couple of updates from Verizon previously, so now we still are running 5.0.1 after the rooting.

I lost the Recovery screen on both S4 i545 phones about a week after using this method to root. Using VolUp + Menu + Power brings up a read lien that the boot failed and we are put into a Download screen ready for Odin (as if we had used VolDn instead of VOlUp). I always get to the first boot into Samsung memory, but the second boot does not come up -- either a hanging black screen or a hanging red Verizon screen.

Sometimes after 5-6 tries of removing the battery and starting, the phone will boot up OK. Sometimes I use Odin again to flash OF1 and after a few more battery removals I can get in again.

How can I use your method, and where can I get your recovery image?

Thanks.
15th February 2016, 02:47 PM |#233  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingber

Hi.* I rooted our two Verizon S4 i545 phones using the guide on
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...2#post64999442
I used ODIN to get back my current OF1 kernel.* I had received a couple of updates from Verizon previously, so now we still are running 5.0.1 after the rooting.

I lost the Recovery screen on both S4 i545 phones about a week after using this method to root. Using VolUp + Menu + Power brings up a read lien that the boot failed and we are put into a Download screen ready for Odin (as if we had used VolDn instead of VOlUp). I always get to the first boot into Samsung memory, but the second boot does not come up -- either a hanging black screen or a hanging red Verizon screen.

Sometimes after 5-6 tries of removing the battery and starting, the phone will boot up OK. Sometimes I use Odin again to flash OF1 and after a few more battery removals I can get in again.

How can I use your method, and where can I get your recovery image?

Thanks.

I used the rom described on http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...proot-t3182544
and this solved the Recovery problem just fine.
13th November 2017, 03:17 AM |#234  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
thanks much for this, have an S4 with MDK this worked for took me a while to find the MDK rom you have linked
As others experienced mine would hang at the Verizon screen. A reboot to recovery and factory reset fixed that for me, I wasn't concerned with wiping data. Perhaps it won't hang for those running this exact rom previously.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
factory, galaxy s4, image, verizon, vruamdk

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)