FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUT] Tasker – Google Calendar Widget (via Minimalistic Text) | Optional AutoNav V2

2,679 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,235

By brandall, Senior Member on 24th May 2011, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th May 2011, 02:38 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the

This is cheeky, but any chance of getting this to work with TfL?

Which aspect of it? Do you mean train times as opposed to by car?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App
30th May 2011, 03:24 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Version 2 Up!
Change Log

V2
Code:
* Private XML calendar feed used, rather than SMS service.
* Full Google Calendar widget via Minimalistic Text 
* Calendar provides default alarm 'buffer time' to navigation start.
* Renamed most tasks
* More intelligent tasks to handle multiple 'meeting' event.
* Prevented multiple navigation entries on refresh by using %GCNAV set to 2.
V3 - Coming Soon!
Code:
* Profile triggered by %VARIABLE = %TIME.
* Read departure location from calendar rather than assuming current location
* Python script to navigation events more than 24 hours away
FAQ

Q) I just want to use the calendar widget only. Can I do that?
A) Yes, there's a separate download link.

Let me know it works folks!
7th June 2011, 01:38 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Glad to have helped in some small way! Also incredibly grateful you actually found a way to make this work, once my exams are over I'll get on it and adapt this to my needs

As a suggestion for further uses for this calendar data, what I use it for is automatically setting the time I need to wake in the mornings. Basically, when I go to sleep I run a task which dims the screen, quiets the phone, etc etc. It also sets my alarm time to 7 hours in the future, *or two hours before my first appointment of the day*, whichever is sooner. Currently this uses a series of alarm profiles/tasks in Tasker, but I switch to Gentle Alarm when Tasker support works.

Again, when exams are over I'll (possibly) write up my 'Alarm in Tasker' solution and post here, with comments on how to integrate with your calendar stuff.
8th June 2011, 02:41 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardkemp

Glad to have helped in some small way! Also incredibly grateful you actually found a way to make this work, once my exams are over I'll get on it and adapt this to my needs

As a suggestion for further uses for this calendar data, what I use it for is automatically setting the time I need to wake in the mornings. Basically, when I go to sleep I run a task which dims the screen, quiets the phone, etc etc. It also sets my alarm time to 7 hours in the future, *or two hours before my first appointment of the day*, whichever is sooner. Currently this uses a series of alarm profiles/tasks in Tasker, but I switch to Gentle Alarm when Tasker support works.

Again, when exams are over I'll (possibly) write up my 'Alarm in Tasker' solution and post here, with comments on how to integrate with your calendar stuff.

You certainly gave me a nudge in the right direction!

I'll look forward to your write up and interested to see how you get the alarm to trigger. Good luck in your exams!
9th June 2011, 08:17 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Seems like the download for calendar only is 0 bytes. At least for me. I tried 5 times
The Following User Says Thank You to Jufis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jufis Ad-Free
9th June 2011, 12:42 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jufis

Seems like the download for calendar only is 0 bytes. At least for me. I tried 5 times

I've just tried and the file won't open for me either. Strange... Thanks for letting me know, I'll repost later when I have access to the files.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App
9th June 2011, 03:42 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jufis

Replaced the download - should work now. Thanks again for letting me know
11th June 2011, 12:50 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
The alarm trigger is a bit hackish.. basically there's two profiles, one runs each hour if the night variable is set, splits %TIME and checks if %TIME1 matches %ALARMHOUR. If so, it turns on another profile which runs every 5 mins, doing a similar thing to check if %TIME2 is greater than %ALARMMINUTES. If true, turn off profile and run the alarm task.

Prior to that version I was using another little trick Pent recommended me (not quite as good though), I had a profile with the context %TIME > %ALARMTIME, but obviously it didn't check the variables and didn't fire. TO solve this there was another profile which every 15 mins (when %NIGHT is set) would set %ALARMTIME to %ALARMTIME. Apparently re-setting the variable like that triggers the check. The first one I mentioned is a bit more efficient. I have considered switching to using calendar event based triggering, but it wasn't immediately obvious to me how I could edit the alarm event's time once set, short of literally editing the event on the calendar.
11th June 2011, 01:42 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 283

More
hi Brandall,

already read me elsewhere isn't it?

Quote:

FAQ

Q) I just want to use the calendar widget only. Can I do that?
A) Yes, there's a separate download link.

Let me know it works folks!

so I can tell that it works about var and MT but... as i am franch speaking and so GC is french xml tags are to be corrected on splitting task ... where - event status and so one... CEST instead BST for continental (gmt+1)
Also as mentionned early in that thread should use some convenience fullfiling the appointment so could easly to get splitting process....

i'm actually on it .
I stay tuned as soon as it is corrected for french speaking I would give back report about mod I have done...

tks a lot very good way to learn how splitting process works
11th June 2011, 08:45 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardkemp

The alarm trigger is a bit hackish.. basically there's two profiles, one runs each hour if the night variable is set, splits %TIME and checks if %TIME1 matches %ALARMHOUR. If so, it turns on another profile which runs every 5 mins, doing a similar thing to check if %TIME2 is greater than %ALARMMINUTES. If true, turn off profile and run the alarm task.

Not too hackish! I like it... Hadn't thought of doing that - At worst it triggers the alarm a few minutes late, and doesn't use an additional calendar entry... I'm really hoping the next release will have the context %VAR = %TIME...
Quote:

Prior to that version I was using another little trick Pent recommended me (not quite as good though), I had a profile with the context %TIME > %ALARMTIME, but obviously it didn't check the variables and didn't fire. TO solve this there was another profile which every 15 mins (when %NIGHT is set) would set %ALARMTIME to %ALARMTIME. Apparently re-setting the variable like that triggers the check. The first one I mentioned is a bit more efficient. I have considered switching to using calendar event based triggering, but it wasn't immediately obvious to me how I could edit the alarm event's time once set, short of literally editing the event on the calendar.

I prefer what you've done to using a calendar entry - It felt messy doing that, although I suppose it can have the appointment title, destination time etc etc in...
11th June 2011, 08:50 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragargon

:SNIP:so I can tell that it works about var and MT but... as i am franch speaking and so GC is french xml tags are to be corrected on splitting task ... where - event status and so one... CEST instead BST for continental (gmt+1) I stay tuned as soon as it is corrected for french speaking I would give back report about mod I have done...tks a lot very good way to learn how splitting process works :SNIP:

Je parle un peu français .... Pouvez-vous dire où couper le texte dans le français XML? Je suis sûr qu'il ya d'autres orateurs français qui vous remercie de votre traduction!

Généralement Google Translate ... Bonne chance!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google calendar widget, satnav, tasker, tutorial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)