FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUT] Tasker – Google Calendar Widget (via Minimalistic Text) | Optional AutoNav V2

2,679 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,235
 
By brandall, Senior Member on 24th May 2011, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th June 2011, 08:50 PM |#21  
brandall's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 5,235
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragargon

:SNIP:so I can tell that it works about var and MT but... as i am franch speaking and so GC is french xml tags are to be corrected on splitting task ... where - event status and so one... CEST instead BST for continental (gmt+1) I stay tuned as soon as it is corrected for french speaking I would give back report about mod I have done...tks a lot very good way to learn how splitting process works :SNIP:

Je parle un peu français .... Pouvez-vous dire où couper le texte dans le français XML? Je suis sûr qu'il ya d'autres orateurs français qui vous remercie de votre traduction!

Généralement Google Translate ... Bonne chance!
12th June 2011, 11:20 PM |#22  
fragargon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 283
 
More
hi brandal,

seems that i was speaking to fast...
actually got a weird behaviour about the url feeder from google.
if i click this on my comp i get it in french... i use the same Url on the right file.
it creates the googlecal.txt and it s in flemish??
already try a lot of stuff without succes.
anyway no matter the language, those are tags! ...to split var process not so easy. (get only one var GCtit21)
to make me help understanding i follow up your tut on WIFII
so i have to redo the stuff to make working the widget but language would not be french. I use notepad++, get the hardly way.
I soon as i have sorted this i wil post back

tks for your effort
13th June 2011, 12:00 AM |#23  
brandall's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 5,235
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragargon

hi brandal,

seems that i was speaking to fast...
actually got a weird behaviour about the url feeder from google.
if i click this on my comp i get it in french... i use the same Url on the right file.
it creates the googlecal.txt and it s in flemish??
already try a lot of stuff without succes.
anyway no matter the language, those are tags! ...to split var process not so easy. (get only one var GCtit21)
to make me help understanding i follow up your tut on WIFII
so i have to redo the stuff to make working the widget but language would not be french. I use notepad++, get the hardly way.
I soon as i have sorted this i wil post back

tks for your effort

Oh... That's very odd?! Try adding
Code:
&hl=fr
to the end of the URL and see if that helps...? Let me know!

Edit: There have been reports of Tasker translating variables to other languages, but I don't think Flemish is a built in language, so don't see how it can be that?! Regardless, the beta version is supposed to fix this problem.. just in case..
13th June 2011, 08:38 PM |#24  
fragargon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 283
 
More
hi Brandall,

you're the best man, it works...
so i try first to put &hl=fr just after url => google...basic&hl=fr but it dosen't

the good ones is as said (at the end):

?max-results=3&futureevents=true&orderby=starttime&sort order=ascending&hl=fr

and the right character set to view the file (since im using file expert embedded txt editor) is UTF-8

let's spend the evening.

i stay tuined

tks a lot mate
13th June 2011, 08:44 PM |#25  
brandall's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 5,235
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragargon

hi Brandall,

you're the best man, it works...
so i try first to put &hl=fr just after url => google...basic&hl=fr but it dosen't

the good ones is as said (at the end):

?max-results=3&futureevents=true&orderby=starttime&sort order=ascending&hl=fr

and the right character set to view the file (since im using file expert embedded txt editor) is UTF-8

let's spend the evening.

i stay tuined

tks a lot mate

Glad that sorted it Good luck with the splits... Any more questions, let me know!
15th June 2011, 08:21 PM |#26  
fragargon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 283
 
More
hi Brandall,

it's quiet frustrating, I can't sort the widget in FR.
have try so many way to do, at first I just jump to translate the tags with notepad++.
also try with tasker by editing each task same result... So i though about the TUT WIFII and try to spot the wrong var by clear var and get empty var (so many of them) . almost troubleshoot with apploc. so many var that even with clear var i can't see GCFEED whiwh must have something at least...
Do you have some advice to build the splitting task??? any tips since i would like to do this from my own... need to learn more
(i ve already followed the WIFII) it helps but those task are mucg bigger.
(I also upgraded to tasker1.1b5)

thks
15th June 2011, 09:32 PM |#27  
brandall's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 5,235
 
Donate to Me
More
I can't be easy trying to translate! I'll post a file or compare mine in French to see which are the correct splits. I'll post it tomorrow for you

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App
15th June 2011, 10:47 PM |#28  
fragargon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 283
 
More
thanks mate
16th June 2011, 05:02 PM |#29  
brandall's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 5,235
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragargon

thanks mate

Ok, brought French and English feeds up and compared them:

GCAppLoc

%GCFEED
<br>Where:
<br>Lieu :

%GCFEED2/3/4
<br />Event Status:
<br />État de l'événement :

GCAppDesc

%GCFEED
<br />Event Description:
<br />Description de l'événement :

%GCFEED2/3/4
</content><link rel='alternate' type='text/html'
</content><link rel='alternate' type='text/html'

(They are the same)

GCAppTime

%GCFEED
</summary><content type='html'>When:
</summary><content type='html'>Date :

%GCFEED2/3/4
BST&lt;br /&gt;
BST&lt;br /&gt;

(You made need to change BST depending on your time zone)

GCAppTit

%GCFEED
<title type='html'>
<title type='html'>

(Same)

%GCFEED2/3/4
</title><summary type='html'>When:
</title><summary type='html'>Date :

---------------

Hope that does it for you?! Can you do the journey data?? Let me know!
16th June 2011, 07:32 PM |#30  
fragargon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 283
 
More
Hi Brandall,

this is excatly what I have done...

but looking to your task... i guess it s missing one... GCappdesc.
(i've got only 3 splitting task loc - time and tit)
I don't get it from the file downloaded

i am linking the file a fetch in the OP thread.

tks a lot mate for your effort, as i m reading you i kwon that i ve learned things.
your are helpfull



edit: by the way GCMT should be corrected coz missing var GCappdesc1-2-3...
apologyze for such noob question, do you know how to save task done by hitting the task button only (if i do so on rofile it is saved when doing so but task??)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tasker Google Calendar Widget Only.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.9 KB, 42 views)
16th June 2011, 07:43 PM |#31  
brandall's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 5,235
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragargon

Hi Brandall,

this is excatly what I have done...

but looking to your task... i guess it s missing one... GCappdesc.
(i've got only 3 splitting task loc - time and tit)
I don't get it from the file downloaded

i am linking the file a fetch in the OP thread.

tks a lot mate for your effort, as i m reading you i kwon that i ve learned things.
your are helpfull

Hmmm.... Ok, I didn't realise you were using the calendar widget only.

Have you checked the splits in GCMT as they are in English. Can you tell which task is failing? In the preferences, can you tick 'pop up warnings', as it will tell you then.

Determined to solve this for you!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google calendar widget, satnav, tasker, tutorial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes