FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th September 2012, 09:15 AM |#211  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey!
I would like to hear your opinions on this one. Should I get a ZTE Grand X or a Sony Ericcson Arc S?
Thanks in advance!

19th September 2012, 02:03 PM |#212  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 290

More
edruig, you can if you are talking about Wifi.
19th September 2012, 06:00 PM |#213  
Flag Kaunas
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsr98

edruig, you can if you are talking about Wifi.

not wifi about the 3g model
19th September 2012, 06:08 PM |#214  
Flag london

More
Ive searched google for days and have had no posative result or have i found anyone that has acheived the same goal so i thought what better place to ask then the xda forums.
Im looking to buy a new tablet for 1 purpose only, i have the torque app on my droid and have bought several bluetooth obd2 adapters from ebay but have yet found 1 to work, for those that have just asked themselves what the hell is a obd2 adapter its for car diagnostics.
What im aiming todo is buy a android tablet that will allow me to plug in a obd2 adaptor through usb as these have no issues and run the torque app but on my searches people have said that the tab would have to allow usb interface with the adapter, i dont really want to go spend 1, 2 or £300 on a tab to realize that it dont work. The tab will be mounted in the car for this strict purpose instead of always having to get out the laptop to run checks and the torque app has much more to offer unlike the usual car diagnostics software.

I really hope someone can help me with this situation as its anoying me that ive bough an app and i have no way of using it.

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app
19th September 2012, 06:42 PM |#215  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 290

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edruig

not wifi about the 3g model

hmm the not sure :/ but probably use google
19th September 2012, 06:53 PM |#216  
Thanks Meter: 1,993

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones10187

Ive searched google for days and have had no posative result or have i found anyone that has acheived the same goal so i thought what better place to ask then the xda forums.
Im looking to buy a new tablet for 1 purpose only, i have the torque app on my droid and have bought several bluetooth obd2 adapters from ebay but have yet found 1 to work, for those that have just asked themselves what the hell is a obd2 adapter its for car diagnostics.
What im aiming todo is buy a android tablet that will allow me to plug in a obd2 adaptor through usb as these have no issues and run the torque app but on my searches people have said that the tab would have to allow usb interface with the adapter, i dont really want to go spend 1, 2 or £300 on a tab to realize that it dont work. The tab will be mounted in the car for this strict purpose instead of always having to get out the laptop to run checks and the torque app has much more to offer unlike the usual car diagnostics software.

I really hope someone can help me with this situation as its anoying me that ive bough an app and i have no way of using it.

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

not positive on this, but look at the Archos gen 8 tabs, cheap and not bad.

sent from the thing I stab with my finger when I get two minutes
19th September 2012, 07:53 PM |#217  

More
Evo 3D or Photon 4G
Short Version: As far as rooting and available roms go which would I be better off with Evo 3D or Photon 4G? Either will be free.
Long Version:
I recently have had a bunch of problems with my Evo 4G that was replaced by Asurion. It took 3 times to get one that was better than the rest but still not right. After a few months of use it too started to act up. A 45 minute phone call later they sent me an Evo 3D to replace my 4G. Out of the box it had the infamous freeze/reboot syndrome. Yet another 45 minute phone call later I was offered either another Evo 3D or Photon 4G. So from an after market rooting point of view which would I be better off with? I have researched the roms available but still can't decide. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
20th September 2012, 12:44 AM |#218  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
HTC ONE X or XT
hey guys i am really confused with this phones...don't know which one to buy or which one is the best ....i know both are same in some ways but just want more suggestion...i have at&t plan and my plan is over and i am able to upgrade so just wondering that should i buy HTC ONE X from at&t or buy it HTC ONE XT (international version) i don't know if HTC ONE XT is the international version or not...but need to know should i buy from at&t or just pay extra money and go for XT...or if anybody have any other suggestion for the phone to buy...i had galaxy s3 used it for few weeks but didn't like it that much....please reply soon...

thank you
20th September 2012, 12:54 AM |#219  
Flag Northbrook
Thanks Meter: 579

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazboyz

hey guys i am really confused with this phones...don't know which one to buy or which one is the best ....i know both are same in some ways but just want more suggestion...i have at&t plan and my plan is over and i am able to upgrade so just wondering that should i buy HTC ONE X from at&t or buy it HTC ONE XT (international version) i don't know if HTC ONE XT is the international version or not...but need to know should i buy from at&t or just pay extra money and go for XT...or if anybody have any other suggestion for the phone to buy...i had galaxy s3 used it for few weeks but didn't like it that much....please reply soon...

thank you

The one XT is the China one x, do not buy it unless you live in China.
The one x is the international version. Has quad core (tegra 3) and 4g on at&t
The one XL is the at&t version of the one x. At&t markets it as the one x which causes a lot of confusion. Has LTE and snapdragon s4

The best one is probably the one XL. Tegra 3 is overrated

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to gagdude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gagdude Ad-Free
20th September 2012, 01:10 AM |#220  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagdude

The one XT is the China one x, do not buy it unless you live in China.
The one x is the international version. Has quad core (tegra 3) and 4g on at&t
The one XL is the at&t version of the one x. At&t markets it as the one x which causes a lot of confusion. Has LTE and snapdragon s4

The best one is probably the one XL. Tegra 3 is overrated

thank you sir for quick reply

do u suggest any other phone than htc xt or sg3

if i buy do you want me to buy from at&t or just buy it wtih regular price..
20th September 2012, 01:30 AM |#221  
Flag Northbrook
Thanks Meter: 579

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazboyz

thank you sir for quick reply

do u suggest any other phone than htc xt or sg3

if i buy do you want me to buy from at&t or just buy it wtih regular price..

(I said one xl. The one you want to AVOID is the XT)
And AT&T has the big three of the big three right now, sgs 3, one x, and Atrix HD. However since you didn't like your experience with the s3, and the Atrix HD is worse than one xl and sgs3, I'd test your luck with the one x
As for buying full price or not... depends on if you don't mind sticking with the same phone for 2 years

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)