FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd October 2012, 08:59 PM |#611  
Thanks Meter: 79

Donate to Me
More
Currently on Sprint's (Virgin Mobile's) network with an Evo V 4G (Evo 3D for those who a degree in VM) and I'm kind of losing it on Sprint's network. I'll probably jump to TMO's prepaid service for $30 a month, but I'll have to buy the phone off contract.

So anybody know a decent phone for $400 or less? That's the max, I'd prefer something in the $300-200 range, but $400 works. I've been looking at the International HTC One X, but anybody have any other ideas?

Sent from my PARANOID 3VO

23rd October 2012, 09:12 PM |#612  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
[Q] What TABLET to buy....buy one NOW or WAIT?
I have a stable working NO PROBLEM, Nook Tablet 8GB 7inch w/ installed Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ...

...not even few months old...have the CM10 10/12 release version mod. ....NO PROBLEMS...just wished I had GPS, Bluetooth, Cameras, etc on it...also some extra ports...

I got someone to buy it for $185 ...but what to do with that $$$ is the question...buy another tablet such as these:

$170
-Samsung Refurbished GT-P3113-TS8A Galaxy Tab 2 with WiFi 7.0" Touchscreen Featuring Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Operating System, Titanium Silver
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-Re...ilver/21142087

$200
-Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with WiFi 7" Touchscreen Tablet PC Featuring Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Operating System, Silver
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-Ga...ilver/20666761

or...... get a Windows Tablet??? or is there a better tablet 7inch or 10inch that has GPS...BLUETOOTH...FORNT/BACK CAMERA...etc...

Want some advice....let me know...
24th October 2012, 01:54 AM |#613  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello everyone.
I need new mobile phone.
I don't want to spend too much money but I'd like to have JB on it or ICS so Galaxy Nexus etc. is not an option.
Is there any mid-end phone you could recommend that is possible to root and install JB on it ?
And which one is the easiest to root and install custom software ?
Thanks for help in advance !
24th October 2012, 03:14 AM |#614  
Flag Coral Springs
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Phone iPhone 5 or HTC One X+
My upgrade is past due. Should I buy the iPhone 5 or wait for the HTC One X+?

I'm on AT&T and have it narrowed down to these two contenders but I'm not sure if I should wait for the One X+ at the risk of it costing more than $199 which is my budget.

Does anyone have any speculation as to what the One X+ will cost?
24th October 2012, 03:31 AM |#615  

More
GS3 Or One X
Hi there everyone!
I am currently the user of an HTC sensation 4G on the T-Mobile network. However, I am facing the opportunity of switching over to AT&T and therefore the option of choosing between two of the leading Android devices. However, I cannot seem to decide which I would like to have on my own. I am looking for owner advice to try and figure out which of the two would be better for me. Considering that music sound quality is an important factor for me, as well as the picture quality of both the screen and the camera. In addition, I do really prefer the UO of the sense but would like to hear about the GS3 in comparison. I appreciate any help!

Thank you all in advance!
24th October 2012, 06:11 AM |#616  

More
Do someone know about samsung galaxy rush?
Is it available worldwide? Come to Indonesia?
Is it locked by network provider?
How much it price?

Sorry for bad English.
24th October 2012, 06:44 AM |#617  
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 337

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator

Hi there everyone!
I am currently the user of an HTC sensation 4G on the T-Mobile network. However, I am facing the opportunity of switching over to AT&T and therefore the option of choosing between two of the leading Android devices. However, I cannot seem to decide which I would like to have on my own. I am looking for owner advice to try and figure out which of the two would be better for me. Considering that music sound quality is an important factor for me, as well as the picture quality of both the screen and the camera. In addition, I do really prefer the UO of the sense but would like to hear about the GS3 in comparison. I appreciate any help!

Thank you all in advance!

If the Note 2 isn't too big or expensive for you, it's the new beast
24th October 2012, 06:56 AM |#618  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I am on T-Mobile and due for an upgrade. I currently have an iPhone, but would like to give Android a try. What will be a good phone to start with? I would like for it to be rootable. I was thinking S III or One S?
24th October 2012, 09:00 AM |#619  
Flag Nairobi
Thanks Meter: 222

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyflex

Hey Guys,

It's my Birthday in three days time and well, I'm going to be treating myself to two new devices the first being a new phone and the second being a new tablet.

I previously had an ASUS Transformer TF201 which got refunded because I wasn't happy with it because of countless faults, I also had an HTC Desire Z (T-Mobile G2) which I actually had to have replaced twice because they died on me and typical just two weeks after my warrenty ran out the device died again so currently I'm "phoneless"

I'm looking at the Microsoft Windows Surface 32GB Tablet with a Type Cover but I am unsure if there are better tablets available and as for a phone I've been looking at devices such as the HTC One X and a Samsung Galaxy S3...

Would anyone recommend me anything different?

Thanks
- Hyflex

Galaxy Note 2. Solves both your problems.

Sent from my U8150 using xda app-developers app
24th October 2012, 10:46 AM |#620  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectosock

My upgrade is past due. Should I buy the iPhone 5 or wait for the HTC One X+?

I'm on AT&T and have it narrowed down to these two contenders but I'm not sure if I should wait for the One X+ at the risk of it costing more than $199 which is my budget.

Does anyone have any speculation as to what the One X+ will cost?

If you are into "hacking" then you should go with the android phone. As for the price from techdigest.tv : " The HTC One X+ UK release date is set for early October, so that puts it just a few short weeks away. An O2 leak puts the pricing at £479.99 (without a charger), which makes it a fair sight cheaper than the comparably-spec'ed £700 iPhone 5"

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslieliang

I am on T-Mobile and due for an upgrade. I currently have an iPhone, but would like to give Android a try. What will be a good phone to start with? I would like for it to be rootable. I was thinking S III or One S?

If screen size doesn't matter then definitely sIII. For some details of the two phones you can have a look in " smartphones.techcrunch.com/compare/245-252/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-vs-HTC-One-S"
24th October 2012, 06:13 PM |#621  
Flag madurai

More
xenon flash
hey guys i need android mobile with xenon flash...and a good camera...any suggestions
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)