[UTILITY] Lua 5.1 tools: compiler, decompiler, snippets & extendable lua.dll with SDK

Search This thread

6Fg8

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 13, 2008
Vienna
Yeah, pretty much. :) I don't have a 21000 build phone, so I can't play with the Rhodium files without flashing a new ROM. Using the gwes.exe and .mui files from the newer build phone just forced a hard reset down my throat. :(

Oh well, eventually I'll get to play with the rhodium files if I can upgrade my build I'd rather not upgrade my ROM just yet without being able to back it up so I can revert back if need be. :)
maybe a bit offtopic, but wouldnt it be great to have TF3D running in an emulator? I gave that a try a few weeks ago, but no luck. Searching the net brings the same questions but no answers. Maybe you guys have ideas?

sztupy

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 21, 2008
Edinburgh
sztupy.hu
Yeah, pretty much. :) I don't have a 21000 build phone, so I can't play with the Rhodium files without flashing a new ROM. Using the gwes.exe and .mui files from the newer build phone just forced a hard reset down my throat. :(

Oh well, eventually I'll get to play with the rhodium files if I can upgrade my build I'd rather not upgrade my ROM just yet without being able to back it up so I can revert back if need be. :)

for me the worst part was finding a 21000+ ROM that can be modified by me, but couldn't find any (and the cookers weren't generous enough to send me the sources even knowing their ROM includes stuff from me).

Nevertheless I made a ROM decompiler to solve my problems. :D No more shy rom cooker can get in my way anymore.

sztupy

Dec 21, 2008
Edinburgh
sztupy.hu
maybe a bit offtopic, but wouldnt it be great to have TF3D running in an emulator? I gave that a try a few weeks ago, but no luck. Searching the net brings the same questions but no answers. Maybe you guys have ideas?

TF3D needs a lot of space and memory and patching the emulator ROM to include more space+opengl+new gwes is not that easy. Actually I don't understand why the emulator has so little storage space even for the WVGA part... I actually think that the first series of manilas (diamond/tp) would work in an increased storage space'd emulator with a software based opengl driver.

Or someone could leak the manila test suite that is used by HTC :) Lot's of thing shows in the lua files that they have a TF3D engine that runs on PC, and they actually do the programming on that. Mode9designer might be a replacement for this someday, but until that a leak would be great ;)

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008

You run it on WM emulator right? Or isn't this what you mean

for me the worst part was finding a 21000+ ROM that can be modified by me, but couldn't find any (and the cookers weren't generous enough to send me the sources even knowing their ROM includes stuff from me).

Nevertheless I made a ROM decompiler to solve my problems. :D No more shy rom cooker can get in my way anymore.

When its recompiled you'll have all the separate packages? I don't understand yet what this will get me. I have a program to open the .NBH file. But I don't much about cooking, I'm just trying to understand, 12

6Fg8

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 13, 2008
Vienna
You run it on WM emulator right? Or isn't this what you mean
Yes, exactly that. The idea was to put the whole thing into WM emulator and test changes on mode9, luas etc. there. But i ended where sztupy already wrote, not enough space to hold all necessary components. And possibly not enough patience :)

sztupy

Dec 21, 2008
Edinburgh
sztupy.hu
When its recompiled you'll have all the separate packages? I don't understand yet what this will get me. I have a program to open the .NBH file. But I don't much about cooking, I'm just trying to understand, 12

an nbh file contains an nb file that has multiple partitions. One of the partition is the "imgfs.bin" (the other one is of interest is "xip.bin", but there are others as well). Inside that file are actually almost all files that make up the ROM (except for a few main system files that are in xip.bin). These files are there as if they would be in one large directory (actually WinMo handles them as they would be in the \Windows directory), and there are dsm, provxml, rgu and initflashfiles.txt files that will tell the mobile (and the rom extractor utilities) which file belongs to which package/directory/registry entry.

If someone uses the "all packages to one" feature when cooking the ROM, all of these files will be deleted (so no dsm and rgu files will be present in the file dump). This means that the ROM can't be reconstructed later on to packages, and lot of rom cookers think that this way their ROM and "research" would be hidden from "noobs". (actually mostly they say that it increases speed to use this function, which is true, but real ROM cookers then provide their files as a separate kitchen for poor people to understand ROM cooking and modifying)

Actually I detest when someone doesn't allow others to peek at their findings. This is a community after all, and if we share knowledge we can get closer to the best/optimal/etc experience we're looking for. (and not telling me even after asking nicely is something I really hate). Not that I cared If you can't get what you want then solve it another way :D

sztupy

Dec 21, 2008
Edinburgh
sztupy.hu
Yes, exactly that. The idea was to put the whole thing into WM emulator and test changes on mode9, luas etc. there. But i ended where sztupy already wrote, not enough space to hold all necessary components. And possibly not enough patience :)

Yes, there aren't enough tools and knowledge for the WM emulators. I don't think it's something that had to do, but the major people who make ROM tools doesn't really care about the WM emulator (for example there is only one tool I know of that can separate partitions from a WM emulator ROM, but from the latest version of that application this feature was taken away. And finding an older version of something is always harder than downloading the "latest and finest")

Someone made an emulator kitchen here at XDA, but I didn't look at it more closely. Maybe it's worth a try checking it.

EDIT: its here

6Fg8

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 13, 2008
Vienna
Yes, there aren't enough tools and knowledge for the WM emulators. I don't think it's something that had to do, but the major people who make ROM tools doesn't really care about the WM emulator (for example there is only one tool I know of that can separate partitions from a WM emulator ROM, but from the latest version of that application this feature was taken away. And finding an older version of something is always harder than downloading the "latest and finest")

Someone made an emulator kitchen here at XDA, but I didn't look at it more closely. Maybe it's worth a try checking it.

EDIT: its here
Ah interesting. So i've to learn cooking again (not that i cant already, but usually what i cook ends on a table surrounded by a couple of hungry people :D)

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
Ah interesting. So i've to learn cooking again (not that i cant already, but usually what i cook ends on a table surrounded by a couple of hungry people :D)

Yes I am having the same thing thrown at me the last couple of weeks, how life would be a lot easier and independent if I knew how to cook ROMs. But I think cooking for hungry people (just one other) will still give me more satisfaction:), 12

xboxmod

Senior Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Gap
Hi
I have already cook a rom for emulator,
but i can't add package due to memory restriction.(i suppose)

I have manualy set ram size and install cab.
i have already start old manila on it but i use old "vincent 3d drivers"
and manila look like if i use cfc files on non cfc manila.
if you have an idea of what driver use? (i have not try cfc manila because not yet released when i try this!)
maybe we can use it.

hope you understand sorry for my poor english.

i'm going to try rhodium manila on emulator and told you result.

Last edited:

smotrs

Nov 16, 2008
So. Calif.
Hi
I have already cook a rom for emulator,
but i can't add package due to memory restriction.(i suppose)

I have manualy set ram size and install cab.
i have already start old manila on it but i use old "vincent 3d drivers"
and manila look like if i use cfc files on non cfc manila.
if you have an idea of what driver use? (i have not try cfc manila because not yet released when i try this!)
maybe we can use it.

hope you understand sorry for my poor english.

It was clear enough that I understood what you were talking about, so I'm sure the others do. :)

By the way, excellent job on the Rhodium port. :)

smotrs

Nov 16, 2008
So. Calif.
Would anyone happen to know where this path is actually located at? I can't seem to find it on the mobile anywhere.

"Manila://settings/updatesanddata/updatesanddata.page"

it's being called by the LUA Weather file when you go in to the Settings menu.
Code:
elseif l_50_0.Result.UserValue == "Settings" then
    _application.Navigation:Navigate(URL("Manila://settings/updatesanddata/updatesanddata.page"), true)
I'd like to add some additional options, or try to add options like Display time for each city, change max city list to customizable, and anything else I can think of.

I think these are either mode9 or dialog references, not real file references.
I still haven't been able to figure out where this is actually referring too. I see similar situation in other lua files. But in each case, I've been unable to locate where or what it's actually trying to do. :confused:

sztupy

Dec 21, 2008
Edinburgh
sztupy.hu
I still haven't been able to figure out where this is actually referring too. I see similar situation in other lua files. But in each case, I've been unable to locate where or what it's actually trying to do. :confused:

I'll look into theese Manila:// files when I have the time. I have some thoughts about how it works, but have to check it.

sztupy

Dec 21, 2008
Edinburgh
sztupy.hu

They are dialogs (as their name suggests). They are defined in manila.xml (26948339_manila). They seem to be like some kind of "embedded mode9" files

Example:
Code:
<PageGroup Name="settings">
(...)
  <PageGroup Name="updatesanddata">
    <Page Order="0" Name="updatesanddata.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[IDS_UPDATESANDDATA]]" Default="true" >
      <ComponentReference Name="page"  Mode9Path="HTC\settings.mode9" Component="UpdatesAndDataPageComponent" SmartComponent="true"  />
    </Page>
  </PageGroup>
(...)
</PageGroup>

Reactions: sam-2007

smotrs

Nov 16, 2008
So. Calif.
They are dialogs (as their name suggests). They are defined in manila.xml (26948339_manila). They seem to be like some kind of "embedded mode9" files

Example:
Code:
(...)
    <Page Order="0" Name="updatesanddata.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[IDS_UPDATESANDDATA]]" Default="true" >
      <ComponentReference Name="page"  Mode9Path="HTC\settings.mode9" Component="UpdatesAndDataPageComponent" SmartComponent="true"  />
    </Page>
  </PageGroup>
(...)
</PageGroup>

Interesting, it also appears to reference the settings.mode9 file as well from there. Thanks, I'll check these out, it was really bugging me. :)

guap

Sep 23, 2007
Milano
I need some help with this script (extracted from home.mode9)

I need to cut off this part:

Code:
LoadDefaultBackground = function()
   HomeBackground.TextureCoords.width = 1
   HomeBackground.TextureCoords.height = 1
   HomeBackground.Position.x = 0
   HomeBackground.Position.y = 0
   HomeBackground.Size.width = BackgroundWidth
   HomeBackground.Size.height = BackgroundHeight
   HomeBackground:SetTextureRef("nightroad_wallpaper")
   InterpolateOpacity(100, HomeBackground)
end

but I can't decompile correctly according to output of luadec and have to go by hex

- Is there some reference about which values declare in hex the "end" of a procedure so i can cut with my hex editor?
- How can I proceed instead? Can someone decompile this script correctly so I can recompile and import with m9?

thank you

Attachments

• 1c684cd8_manila_7B8.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 10

avimak

Nov 23, 2008
My message was deleted during the hack of xda, those **cking hackers pricks, never know what they doing.
they think it's a **cking kids board you can hack? this is number one WM forum on net! :mad:

well, here is the original message:

I have a problem:

I can't send Unicode messages from the new Message Tab.
I installed Dutty's V2.4, change the regional settings to "Russian" and Installed the Fingerkeyb keyboard version 2.0...
I did a SR and then sent to myself (and to other numbers) SMS message with English and Unicode characters and as you can see I received the English characters and didn't received the Unicode ones - only ???

Here is a screenshot:

38845667.jpg

I have this problem with Russian, with Hebrew - and it happened to me before I'm changing the regional settings - and after the changing...

I don't have any other problem with Russian or Hebrew fonts on my device, and I don't have this problem if I'm sending the SMS from the normal SMS interface (the Windows Mobile SMS GUI)...

please help me ;)

guap

Sep 23, 2007
Milano
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Example:
    Code:
    (...)
        </Page>
      </PageGroup>
    (...)
    </PageGroup>