[DEV] Galaxy Mini/Pop Plus Development - GT-S5570I

Search This thread

apollo5801

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2010
Bangalore

Do not try to flash mini KERNEL/ROM/RECOVERY in a plus device. Most probably you will soft/brick your device.

mini/pop plus have few different hardware parts and nand structure. here is some plus hardware specs. ODIN not detecting plus device. Reply if anyone have more information and developing.

Attached working root and cwm zip files.
Recovery Mode: Volume Up + Home + Power
Download Mode: Volume Down + Home + Power

Processor: ARMv6 rev 5 - 832Mhz
RAM : 362 MB - 72MB Reserved
GPU : Broadcom Videocore 4
NAND : 512MB
system : stl9 - 225MB
cache : stl10 - 35MB
data : stl11 -189MB

rtj4w2.png
j0jtdd.png
dz8bab.png

Attachments

• pop_plus_CWM.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 88,787
  • pop_plus_root.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 95,664
Last edited:

andrea55

Nov 19, 2011
So the hardware of the galaxy s5570 is a bit different and I can't put the s5570I rom on the normal mini. But the processor is the same so i can overclock my mini to 832Mhz,right?

kmamidal

Mar 4, 2012
Hi

I agree Odin is not detecting the S5570i but i am using S5570 CWM in S5570i and i made my stock rom backup using CWM

M

M1hai

so let me see if I got this the right way galaxy mini plus is the same with galaxy mini with the same processor clocked at 832mhz...so why is galaxy mini classic not able to run 832mhz without restarting itself?? Also is plus battery same as galaxy mini's?? cause if it is then it will drain alot faster than the one which is used by our 600mhz mini

KoperKiller

Oct 10, 2011
Bogota
so let me see if I got this the right way galaxy mini plus is the same with galaxy mini with the same processor clocked at 832mhz...so why is galaxy mini classic not able to run 832mhz without restarting itself?? Also is plus battery same as galaxy mini's?? cause if it is then it will drain alot faster than the one which is used by our 600mhz mini

The voltage management may be different.

anto.danny

May 21, 2011
Chennai
I am more intrested in kmamidal post..i tried flashing the touch2squadzone cwm zip and in the end got into a soft brick...after the soft brick i found out that there is no odin for GT-S5570I..without odin am afraid we cant play with our devices..one single mistake and you have no choice but to go to samsung service center to revive it(which is what i did to revive my pop plus)..i hope the dev find a solution for this..:(

Reactions: Hetalk

kmamidal

Mar 4, 2012
Hi

I have not flashed CWM, i am using it through Recovery mode...

Procedure to back up stock ROM(Only for rooted S5570i)

1)Copy recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.6-tass.rar file in SDcard.
2)boot the device into recover mode(menu+vol up+power)
3)select apply update from SDcard
4)select recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.6-tass.rar
then it will boot into the clockworkmod recovery
5)select "back and restore"
6)select backup

it will backup your Stock rom in sdcard.. you can check in your SDcard after rebooting the S5570i

I have tested what "apollo5801" posted in first post, it is also cwm recovery-5.0.2.6 version with name changed,
actually this is S5570 cwm rom manager we can get it at http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KARTHIK

Attachments

• recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.6-tass.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,128
Last edited:
Reactions: lonestrider

aiman112

Dec 30, 2010
Port Dickson
This for stock rom ?
For gts5570 . . ?
Or gts5570i ?

This for what rom . .
Pls give full detail . . Plss .

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

lonestrider

Mar 6, 2011
This for stock rom ?
For gts5570 . . ?
Or gts5570i ?

This for what rom . .
Pls give full detail . . Plss .

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

the title already the answer, I think.
and if you understand the situation, there's no custom ROM yet for the device.

I don't think so. With voltage management I'm refering to the hardware part, not the software. However, better ask someone else...I'm just a beginner. :)

Ouw, thank you for your answer, anyway.
after comparing S5570 & S5570i, I got the S5570i is somehow have more weight. :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Do not try to flash mini KERNEL/ROM/RECOVERY in a plus device. Most probably you will soft/brick your device.

mini/pop plus have few different hardware parts and nand structure. here is some plus hardware specs. ODIN not detecting plus device. Reply if anyone have more information and developing.

Attached working root and cwm zip files.
    Recovery Mode: Volume Up + Home + Power
    Download Mode: Volume Down + Home + Power

Processor: ARMv6 rev 5 - 832Mhz
    RAM : 362 MB - 72MB Reserved
    GPU : Broadcom Videocore 4
    NAND : 512MB
    system : stl9 - 225MB
    cache : stl10 - 35MB
    data : stl11 -189MB

rtj4w2.png
    j0jtdd.png
    dz8bab.png

Unbrick S5570I

HOW TO UNBRICK

This is a tutorial that got my Galaxy Mini Plus/Turbo Unbricked
    1. Download this: S5570I.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ct2k0ujc4ys9z7

Extract it (WinRaR)
    2. Open Odin3_v1.84.exe
    3. Press PIT and choose tassve_0623.pit
    4. Press BOOTLOADER and choose DefaultCalData....
    5. Press PDA and choose PDA_S5570I....
    6. Press PHONE and choose MODEM_S5570I....
    7. Press CSC and choose GT-S5570I-MULTI....
    8. Shut down your phone if it isn't
    9. Reboot it in ODIN Mode (Volume Down + Home + Power)
    10. Press Volume Up to enter The Odin Download Mode
    11. Now the ODIN should recognize your phone (Yellow text comes up in the program LEFT upper corner
    12. Press start
    13. Wait for it to finish, it should pop up a blue message RESET and then PASS in green.
    14. You're done
    READ: After you unbrick it, your phone is in italian. To fix this, press the right button after you boot up your phone, then choose preferred language.
    Enjoy

TESTED & WORKING
    Well, here it is. The regular disclaimers: I take no responsibility for bricked, semi-bricked, quarter-bricked and otherwise non-functional devices. Your choices, your risk. I don't take any credit for the build itself, just for ripping it off the phone, packaging and sorting out various mishaps in it - credits for the ROM itself go to someone in Samsung IL or their importer labs, I guess. Credits for update.zip template go to sajidmkhan and his HYBRID ROM.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    ROM Base: native GINGERBREAD.IXXKL4 build.
    All the HW should be functional.

Version 1.0:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?a0ojod38owkeqsv
    Description:
    This is a stock deodexed rooted ROM (old Superuser - I'll try to update to SuperSU if I get to fix Email.apk), includes RTL patch - Hebrew/Arabic should work fine. Doesn't include Email.apk, which crashes. Otherwise everything looks functional.

Version 1.1:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?vfl7aersaxyvdmx
    Changes: fixed and added Email.apk (MS Exchange support), fixed SU access, changed to SuperSU, added sysrw/sysro scripts, removed Perfect Keyboard, sorted out updater-script.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Instructions:

1. Put the file on your SD card.

2. Boot to stock recovery:
    Power down the phone.
    Press and hold VolUp + Home.
    Press and release Power.
    Recovery should load.
    Release Home.
    Release VolUp.​

3. Choose "wipe data/factory reset". It'll erase all user data. This step is MANDATORY.

3. Choose "flash update.zip", and select the file on the SD card.
    Stock recovery accepts unsigned files.​

DON'T use CWM recovery - it doesn't flash anything!
    updated 1st post with working root and cwm zip files and benchmark screen shots.
    Checked Galaxy Y custom ROM on Mini Plus.

Results:
    ADB works.
    Screen works.
    Buttons work.
    WiFi doesn't work.
    Orientation sensor is shifted 90% right.
    GPS works.
    USB Mass Storage works.
    Sleep mode restarts the thing.

I also have a custom deodexed 2.3.6 for Galaxy Mini backed up. Missing boot.img though. And boot.img of Galaxy Y is most likely responsible for WiFi and orientation sensor failures.

Looks like I can create a ROM ZIP that will have some, if not all, functionality.

Will update soon.

P.S. CWM in first post doesn't help much - it can't flash anything, only back up.