[Q] Can't change dpi :(

Search This thread

jfreund

Jan 26, 2011
Got my S5 from the T-mo store last night, rooted it, and installed TWRP. I've tried changing the dpi using BuildProp Editor from the play store. The editor requested and was granted root. I changed the lcd_density value from 480 to 360 and saved the change. BuildProp Editor asked to restart, and I let it. On reboot, though, nothing changed. Do I need to change permissions on build.prop?

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
Got my S5 from the T-mo store last night, rooted it, and installed TWRP. I've tried changing the dpi using BuildProp Editor from the play store. The editor requested and was granted root. I changed the lcd_density value from 480 to 360 and saved the change. BuildProp Editor asked to restart, and I let it. On reboot, though, nothing changed. Do I need to change permissions on build.prop?

Have you tried using any of the Exposed Framework aps? I beleive there are some that allow you to mess with DPI - I have installed Exposed and am using a couple of the Exposed Framework aps like Gravity and Wannam Exposed to modify my status bar and a few other things - so it seems that Exposed plays nicely with the S5 ....Hope this helps...

Reactions: jfreund

Docmjldds

Jan 27, 2010
Henderson, NV
Have you tried using any of the Exposed Framework aps? I beleive there are some that allow you to mess with DPI - I have installed Exposed and am using a couple of the Exposed Framework aps like Gravity and Wannam Exposed to modify my status bar and a few other things - so it seems that Exposed plays nicely with the S5 ....Hope this helps...

Thanks for the confirm that Xposed works. Love having my clock in the center:good:
EDIT: PS...the Gravity Box settings for the advanced power menu items works too, including adding screen shot. The APM module by another developer did not work, but he did state he was discontinuing any updates or help...for now. For those interested, the additional settings for the Power menu restart (reboot, soft reboot, recovery, bootloader) are in Gravity Box module, then Power Tweaks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.