R800X Bootloader CRACKED!

Search This thread

ashergray

Jul 19, 2011
Rock Hill SC
If anyone can read Javascript here is the code used to determine the unlock code.
I used JavaScript Deobfuscator to find out what gets activated when you submit your IMEI on the SE unlock website.
maybe someone can pick up the ball and run with it.
Programming was never my strong suit.

Reactions: Yufice

Mills00013

Oct 12, 2007
We concluded that it was turned off at the firmware level. So yea it is very likely not to work.

JasonKnight

Aug 6, 2007
Hamburg, PA
I was in the program menu one day and there is options in there for switching between GSM and CDMA or both or a bunch of other things. lemme see if I can find them again

capturelp.jpg

Mills00013

Oct 12, 2007
Well, with the stock Verizon build of the software, no? I mean, now that we can flash new kernels, couldn't we theoretically add the driver/software from a GSM kernel/ROM?

It's locked much deeper down than the superficial software. We are talking the actual firmware of the radio itself. Look into how difficult it was to unlock all the HTC world phones (back in the winmo days) to use domestic GSM carriers. Firmware locks suck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BOOTLOADER CRACKED!

EDIT:After discussing it with Mills and Blagus, I will not be publicly sharing my knowledge on how to crack the boot loader. This is only temporary until we(all r800x owners) can get a more permanent solution.
    maybe another week or so before anything is solid.

UPDATE:
    :( there is no longer a free solution for unlocking the play.
    please contact blagus or yifanlu to see if they have your meid on file.
    and check out the current paid solution. :/

I have attached screenshots as proof of root
    BOOT LOADER IS CRACKED
    suprisingly easy. I think I am the only unlocked Verizon play on the planet.
    Ashergray do you have anything I can use to donate money to you? :)

I never considered it. I do have a paypal account, but it isnt a merchant one, so I dont believe I can accept any donations.
    I appreciate the thought tho.
    This last couple of posts is offensive, particularly in Hogwarts' case, because I personally explained it to him. That, when he knows the truth, he chooses to lie and deceive others says a lot of him, I daresay.

The bootloader was not cracked/deciphered. The way some people got free unlocks was with the old R800i official unlocking site. Basically there was a breach which allowed MEID numbers (CDMA identificators) to be translated into bogus IMEI numbers (GSM identificators). Some big mouthed fool leaked the info, Sony Ericsson shut the site for maintenance and they fixed the exploit.

I'm sure you all like conspiracy theories, but please abstain from accusing people who gave their efforts and time so generously without any base. One of the folks involved bricked a phone for good while tinkering with the unlock thing. And that was when they didn't sell for cheap, mind you.

Dare I say, if you're living of welfare benefits, you're not buying smartphones.
    FYI, this news has already hit the front page of DroidLife: http://www.droid-life.com/2011/08/04/bootloader-unlocked-on-the-verizon-xperia-play-root-is-go/

Once proper instructions are posted this should definitely be pushed to Engadget as well!

They said it was unconfirmed. Thats funny, I am pretty sure the 50 people I sent Unlock codes to could confirm it.