[ROM][NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 7.2-RC3+ for Huawei U8150 (June 11th)

Search This thread

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
Introduction
CyanogenMod is an aftermarket firmware for a number of cell phones based on the open-source Android operating system. It offers features not found in the official Android-based firmwares of vendors of these cell phones.

History (standing on the shoulders of giants)
CyanogenMod has been under development for the U8150 since early 2011. In the beginning marcnvidic started off by getting the Android device tree organized and getting initial builds working. After that tilal6991 made great progress with basic functionality, bugs, etc. I joined initially to learn about the AOSP/CyanogenMod build system, but have helped clean up the device tree, fixing a few bugs, and keeping up with the latest upstream CyanogenMod changes.

Download
Note: The CyanogenMod build server builds CM7.x releases for the U8150 once a week. I don't have time to update builds manually here anymore. Find CM builds here: http://get.cm/

ROM (June 11, 2012): goo-inside.me / Mediafire (md5: 14fd84e4cdb957c114a4ea52ebd890fd)
ClockworkMod Recovery (5.0.2.8): goo-inside.me / BayFiles (md5: 1b835fb177a0aab362c226f07158bb59)
Google Apps : http://goo-inside.me/gapps (use the CyanogenMod 7.2 one)

Installation

- First time flashing CyanogenMod to your Huawei U8150?
  1. Install ClockworkMod recovery (using fastboot is the easiest way).
  2. Boot into recovery using the 3-button combo
  3. Do a backup!
  4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  5. Install the ROM from the SD card using ClockworkMod Recovery
  6. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Coming from an earlier CyanogenMod nightly?
  1. Boot into recovery using the 3-button combo
  2. Do a backup!
  3. If coming from a nightly earlier than January June 11, 2012:
    • WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  4. Install the ROM from the SD card using ClockworkMod Recovery
  5. Optionally install the Google Addon

Source

Known issues*
  • Development tools like adb and DDMS see the device as "????????????" instead of showing the serial number (related to the Wifi MAC issue below)
  • The wifi MAC address is not read from hardware, it is set statically (see here, possible fix).
  • FM Radio (probably won't get fixed)
  • Battery usage slightly worse than stock (terrible in some cases)
  • Overclocking frequencies not as stable as stock or on U8150 kernel (due to the voltages used in the U8160 kernel sources we're using, see arch/arm/mach-msm/acpuclock-7x30.c)

Fixed issues / changes

June 11, 2012
  • Update to latest CyanogenMod 7 source
  • Revert lense unlock space tweak
  • clean up the device tree, remove old settings

May 17, 2012
  • Switch to WPA Supplicant 0_6_x (might fix problems people were having with hidden networks, or something?)
  • New, reworked libaudio + AudioFilter from Adriano Carrata's work on the U8160
  • Add optional headset volume attenuation
  • Fix behavior of the built-in headphones buttons (pause/play/skip track)
  • Allow tethering the VPN interface (ppp)
  • Tweak Rotary unlock bottom margin
  • Tweak Lense unlock bottom offset
  • Update USB mounting code (no change in functionality)
  • Now use libOmxCore from CyanogenMod
  • Now use gralloc.msm7k from CyanogenMod
  • Now use copybit.msm7k from CyanogenMod
  • Reduce size of keyboard by some fraction of an inch (saves some space on an already-scrunched display)
  • Reduce compcache (compressed RAM) to recommended default of 18%
  • Sync with latest CM7 code
  • Clean up old app overlay settings and unused build flags

April 5, 2012
  • Fix for audio distortion (thanks to ac1953's AudioFilter.csv fix)
  • New kernel with several performance and stability enhancements:
    • fs: mount filesystems as 'noatime' by default
    • config: kernel compressed with LZO
    • lib: new CRC32 lib (slice-by-8)
    • iosched: add SIO v0.2
    • staging: backport zram from 3.2
    • lib/checksum.c: optimize do_csum a bit
    • block: limit default readahead size for small devices
  • Updated to latest CM7 source as of April 5th

March 22, 2012
  • Sync with latest CyanogenMod code (7.2.0-RC1)
  • Fix bug with in-call audio being able to go to "0" and essentially mute the remote caller (fix: 13862)
  • Contains the kernel from March 6 Hotfix 1

March 6, 2012
  • Hotfix 1 (kernel fixes see: here)
  • Sync with latest code (close to 7.2-RC1)

ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.8
February 10, 2012
  • It appears there was a problem with 5.0.2.7 not being able to restore advanced backups (users were seeing a message "No files found."). This is now confirmed to be working properly again.

February 8, 2012
  • Performance: disable scrolling cache (change #12543)
  • Performance: Adjust ELECTRON_BEAM_FRAMES to 8 for "CRT Off" animation to work more acceptably (change #12542)
  • Stability: Disable ICS rotations because of the erratic "green screen" (change #12415)
  • Audio: fix in-call headphone audio breaking after one call (description of bug, change #12541)
  • Latest version of ROM Manager (5.0.0.5)
  • Sync with latest CyanogenMod source

January 30, 2012
  • CRT Off animation works
  • ROM Manager 4.8.1.5
  • Synced with CyanogenMod sources as of January 30th
  • Ice Cream Sandwich animations (must have "All animations" enabled in Display settings)

January 17, 2012
  • Auto brightness
  • Location of "home" soft key

Thanks
  • marcnvidic - initial CM6 port, device tree, etc.
  • tilal6991 - holding the candle for so many months after marcnvidic left, lots of bug fixes, device tree work, etc
  • subpsyke/psyke83 - being a badass, fixing lots of stuff in his Huawei U8160 port which also helped us.
  • CyanogenMod team (koush, defer, turl, et al for helping me when I'm stuck with repo, git, gerrit, etc).

Last edited:

Giogts

Sep 26, 2011
Are resolved these old bug?
hidden SSid
mac address
audio distorted
3mpx photo
tethering usb e wifi

djjoza

May 30, 2011
Rijeka
@Giogts:
-USB and wifi tethering work
-3mpx photo is not solved, but it was stated in the big thread that it was "enlarged" from 2mpx to 3mpx in the original stock rom while the camera ccd chip supports only pics up to 2mpx ..so tehnically it is not a bug anymore
-mac adress is still different then the original one
-hidden ssid works when you add the network manually, othewise it's not shown on the scan
-audio was a bit crackling in the Dec 5 version but in Jan 17 version for me it's a bit better. i don't know if it's fixed for good

@aorth: excellent thread. subscribed ;)

Last edited:

CTRL+ALT+DEL

Mar 28, 2011
Veneto - IT
Subscribed, good work, i've just flashed your build on my old 8150.

Are resolved these old bug?
3mpx photo

As I already said HERE, our CCD cannot take real 3.2 mp photo. They were just software upscaled/tweaked on stock roms and custom rom based on a stock one (FusionIdeos, Leandroid etc..) (CyanogenMod isn't based on a stock one, it's build from sources).

Reactions: aorth

veer1238

Jan 13, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Awesome job! Finaly a fresh thread! 17 jan is way better then 5 dec one in terms of battery!

One thing i would like to ask why doesnt the led blink on cm7 anymore?

sent from my U8150 using my thumb!

mitulvohra

Sep 23, 2011
strange bug

i don't know if its a bug or not but whenever i press the volume rocker up button and the middle button at the same time...the phone vibrates and becomes nonfunctional for 10 secs:mad:.... although its not a big problem..but while using emulators i cant play as whenever i will do it .. the emulator will hang:confused:...please check and tell if it happens with you too or is it only me...:(

GJSmith3rd

May 6, 2008
Chicago
OnePlus 8
i don't know if its a bug or not but whenever i press the volume rocker up button and the middle button at the same time...the phone vibrates and becomes nonfunctional for 10 secs:mad:.... although its not a big problem..but while using emulators i cant play as whenever i will do it .. the emulator will hang:confused:...please check and tell if it happens with you too or is it only me...:(

Confirmed on my device while in Tapatalk.

iceman8958

Oct 27, 2011
headset bug

The headset but is stiil there.
updated with headset pluged in -> headset working fine -> unplug -> replug -> can't talk through headset (can't hear call on headset), although music is playing fine
had the same problem in dec 5 version

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Greetings all ^^

Nice work Aorth ;) new place... same ole :D

Sup V33r :D

Cyanogen seems to be flawed (all over the place)

I've upgraded to a Motorola Defy & CM7 bugs are still rampant :eek:

Running MIUI 2.1.13 w/ 'no serious bugs' :0mg:

PS - I did shed a lil tear when I handed my "Wa-way" over to the trouble & strife :eek:

"I'll miss you all!" :bwahahaha: :sob: :sniff: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

nook'r

Dec 8, 2010
I am back to 5dec2011 build for 2 reasons:

1- i can't pick to my own ringtone from the ringtone folder on my sd card from the setting screen.
2- My phonebook will not sync with my car Nav/Bluetooth system

I am not sure if this is a bug or just one of those odds situation. btw, I always reset to factory before and after each rom.

BUT, as always thanks for keeping us up to date on soon to become a stoneage phone

mayurh

Jul 8, 2010
Johannesburg
great rom - i cant understand by cm dont officially support our device.it seems to work great
thanks dev

can u guys make backups with the 5.0.2.7 recovery?
no /cust error?
im getting that error on 3.0.2.4 - and i want to change to the recommended recovery
just want to know if its working fine

keep up the great work
somethings i notice the capacitive buttons are not so responsive? anyone else experience this?

e8hffff

Dec 28, 2010
I love improvements...Thanks

EDIT: arrrrr fist problem with patch. My WIFI isn't working and I've tried various things to see if they help, like scrubbing the cache/java-build-code and tried to flash again, but can't get wifi to work.

I'm in no major hurry.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction
    CyanogenMod is an aftermarket firmware for a number of cell phones based on the open-source Android operating system. It offers features not found in the official Android-based firmwares of vendors of these cell phones.

History (standing on the shoulders of giants)
    CyanogenMod has been under development for the U8150 since early 2011. In the beginning marcnvidic started off by getting the Android device tree organized and getting initial builds working. After that tilal6991 made great progress with basic functionality, bugs, etc. I joined initially to learn about the AOSP/CyanogenMod build system, but have helped clean up the device tree, fixing a few bugs, and keeping up with the latest upstream CyanogenMod changes.

Download
    Note: The CyanogenMod build server builds CM7.x releases for the U8150 once a week. I don't have time to update builds manually here anymore. Find CM builds here: http://get.cm/

ROM (June 11, 2012): goo-inside.me / Mediafire (md5: 14fd84e4cdb957c114a4ea52ebd890fd)
    ClockworkMod Recovery (5.0.2.8): goo-inside.me / BayFiles (md5: 1b835fb177a0aab362c226f07158bb59)
    Google Apps : http://goo-inside.me/gapps (use the CyanogenMod 7.2 one)

Installation

- First time flashing CyanogenMod to your Huawei U8150?
    1. Install ClockworkMod recovery (using fastboot is the easiest way).
    2. Boot into recovery using the 3-button combo
    3. Do a backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM from the SD card using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Coming from an earlier CyanogenMod nightly?
    1. Boot into recovery using the 3-button combo
    2. Do a backup!
    3. If coming from a nightly earlier than January June 11, 2012:
      • WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    4. Install the ROM from the SD card using ClockworkMod Recovery
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

Source

Known issues*
    • Development tools like adb and DDMS see the device as "????????????" instead of showing the serial number (related to the Wifi MAC issue below)
    • The wifi MAC address is not read from hardware, it is set statically (see here, possible fix).
    • FM Radio (probably won't get fixed)
    • Battery usage slightly worse than stock (terrible in some cases)
    • Overclocking frequencies not as stable as stock or on U8150 kernel (due to the voltages used in the U8160 kernel sources we're using, see arch/arm/mach-msm/acpuclock-7x30.c)

Fixed issues / changes

June 11, 2012
    • Update to latest CyanogenMod 7 source
    • Revert lense unlock space tweak
    • clean up the device tree, remove old settings

May 17, 2012
    • Switch to WPA Supplicant 0_6_x (might fix problems people were having with hidden networks, or something?)
    • Reduce size of keyboard by some fraction of an inch (saves some space on an already-scrunched display)

April 5, 2012

March 22, 2012
    • Sync with latest CyanogenMod code (7.2.0-RC1)
    • Fix bug with in-call audio being able to go to "0" and essentially mute the remote caller (fix: 13862)
    • Contains the kernel from March 6 Hotfix 1

March 6, 2012
    • Hotfix 1 (kernel fixes see: here)
    • Sync with latest code (close to 7.2-RC1)

ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.8
    February 10, 2012
    • It appears there was a problem with 5.0.2.7 not being able to restore advanced backups (users were seeing a message "No files found."). This is now confirmed to be working properly again.

February 8, 2012
    • Performance: disable scrolling cache (change #12543)
    • Performance: Adjust ELECTRON_BEAM_FRAMES to 8 for "CRT Off" animation to work more acceptably (change #12542)
    • Stability: Disable ICS rotations because of the erratic "green screen" (change #12415)
    • Audio: fix in-call headphone audio breaking after one call (description of bug, change #12541)
    • Latest version of ROM Manager (5.0.0.5)
    • Sync with latest CyanogenMod source

January 30, 2012
    • CRT Off animation works
    • ROM Manager 4.8.1.5
    • Synced with CyanogenMod sources as of January 30th
    • Ice Cream Sandwich animations (must have "All animations" enabled in Display settings)

January 17, 2012
    • Auto brightness
    • Location of "home" soft key

Thanks
    • marcnvidic - initial CM6 port, device tree, etc.
    • tilal6991 - holding the candle for so many months after marcnvidic left, lots of bug fixes, device tree work, etc
    • subpsyke/psyke83 - being a badass, fixing lots of stuff in his Huawei U8160 port which also helped us.
    • CyanogenMod team (koush, defer, turl, et al for helping me when I'm stuck with repo, git, gerrit, etc).
    May 17th nightly

Hey, guys and gals. I've got a pretty big update, so I need you to test and give me feedback. subpsyke made a lot of progress all over the board, so I've spent a few days integrating and testing his changes, and I feel it is now stable enough to release for broader testing.

Download
    ROM (May 17, 2012): goo-inside.me / pepperaudino.com / MediaFire (md5: 9bd2a39d16e5990261b4f0b1865f7c6b)
    Google Apps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps

Changes

Flash
    Flash with ClockworkMod Recovery. A wipe shouldn't be necessary... but PLEASE backup with Nandroid / BackupSMS / Titanium / etc first, just in case I'm wrong. I wiped a million times in the process of testing in the last week so I'm not entirely sure.

Lots of changes, guys! Depending on your feedback I'll push some of these features upstream to CM, so please try to be helpful. :)
    March 6th nightly

I just posted a new nightly for March 6th on the first post. I haven't fixed any new bugs in this release, just synced the latest sources with CyanogenMod upstream. It's up to you if you want to flash. If you're bored, flash it. If you can't be bothered, then skip it.

Download
    ROM (March 6, 2012): goo-inside.me / MediaFire / BayFiles (md5: 5179373c1037a05d200106b28fc77aed)
    Google Apps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

There are lots of things I still want to look at (especially in the kernel, such as subpsyke's wireless driver, patches from the mainline kernel, simple IO scheduler, etc...) when I get time. CyanogenMod 7.2 might be released soon but I'll keep posting nightlies with fixes whether we're at 7.2 or 7.9!
    Yes, when flashing a new ROM (or simply upgrading to "the newer one"...) you'll loose ALL the apps, phonebook, SMS, etc etc...

That's why in both cases (new installation or upgrade) it's suggested to do a "nandroid" (a complete backup done within ClockWorkMod Recovery..latest suggested version is 5.0.2.7..), so when you flash or upgrade to the newer ROM you SHOULD be able to do an "advanced restore" and restore only "user data" from the backup you created.

BUT....actually ClockWorkMod 5.0.2.7 has a bug when you attempt to do an "advanced restore"...it says "no file found"..it's a bug that I encountered on my own U8150-D and also read on some posts...

Asking to everyone in the forum: did you met the same bug when attempting an advanced restore with CWM 5.0.2.7?
    If yes, did you managed or found a fix for this bug? (I can remember CWM 5.0.2.6 hadn't the same bug but in some cases gave problems with USB sync...if me not mistake). Shall I downgrade to CWM 5.0.2.6 to make an advanced restore from a restore made with CWM 5.0.2.7 or it'll be better to do a backup of all the apps with Titanium Backup and restore those backup within the new installed ROM? :confused::confused::confused:
    Thanx for any suggestion/idea.

You're absolutely right, ClockworkMod 5.0.2.7 has a problem with advanced restores; 5.0.2.8 fixes it. I've updated the first post with download links. Here's one for now (more later):

ClockworkMod Recovery (5.0.2.8): BayFiles (md5: 1b835fb177a0aab362c226f07158bb59)

Thanks!

edit: another mirror here: goo-inside.me
    April 5th nightly

w00t. Audio issues completely fixed (thanks to U8160 user, ac1953). Also, new kernel with some tweaks, stability enhancements, and updates.

Flash with ClockworkMod Recovery (not UltraJack). No wipe necessary, unless you're coming from a January or older build.

Download
    ROM (April 5, 2012): goo-inside.me (md5: 4becae3c80ee0664828a8368df71eeba)
    Google Apps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

Changed / fixed

If anyone can upload to MediaFire that'd be great. My Internet sucks right now.