Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Dock USB Power

427 posts
Thanks Meter: 112

By jaycustom, Senior Member on 29th April 2012, 08:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
As you may or may not know, the USB port on the dock does not put out constant power.
If the Prime is attached to the dock, and the screen shuts off, so does the power to the USB.
If the Prime is not docked, the USB gives out no power.

I wifi tether my phone to my Prime 60-90 minutes every day, and I need to charge my phone while tethered because of the crazy battery drain. I'd like to charge my phone from the docks USB while I tether to keep it all self contained. I use my tablet undocked while tethering, so I can't charge my phone. I also don't want to have to use the Prime docked and make sure the screen doesn't shut off, just to charge my phone.

I haven't heard of anyone accessing the docks firmware.
Is there any way to change this?

29th April 2012, 09:04 AM |#2  
Flag Danville, California
Thanks Meter: 350

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycustom

As you may or may not know, the USB port on the dock does not put out constant power.
If the Prime is attached to the dock, and the screen shuts off, so does the power to the USB.
If the Prime is not docked, the USB gives out no power.

I wifi tether my phone to my Prime 60-90 minutes every day, and I need to charge my phone while tethered because of the crazy battery drain. I'd like to charge my phone from the docks USB while I tether to keep it all self contained. I use my tablet undocked while tethering, so I can't charge my phone. I also don't want to have to use the Prime docked and make sure the screen doesn't shut off, just to charge my phone.

I haven't heard of anyone accessing the docks firmware.
Is there any way to change this?

The dock probably doesn't have an editable firmware

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)