Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Can't root after 4.0.4

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By sicabaddon, Junior Member on 15th August 2012, 06:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey everyone. I just did the system update from 2.3.6 - 4.0.4. My phone does not like 4.0.4 at all and is almost not functional. I wanted to root and put on roms I know worked fine. So I did some looking through the forums and found a odin one-click for EL29 root. Followed instructions, odin doesn't see that phone is connected. Hmm, ok so I went and made sure USB debugging was on and it was but there was no USB mass storage mode. Any ideas on how to get usb turned on so that I can root my E4GT?

15th August 2012, 06:53 PM |#2  
Flag Farmington
Thanks Meter: 3,127

More
Sounds like you're not putting your phone in download.. Below is taken directly from the OP of that thread..
read, read, read.. and don't do like some and say it's too verbose..
Oh, and place the phone in download while you're NOT connected to your pc.. (That's also in to OP..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

5) Place phone in ODIN download mode

Code:
Method #1
Power down phone
Wait for capacitative button lights to turn off
Simultaneously Press and Hold [Power] [VolDn] until confirmation screen appears
Press [VolUp] to enter Download mode

15th August 2012, 06:54 PM |#3  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 3,020

More
You don't need that to root your phone. Just put it in download mode and run ff18 rooted by sfhub. And you're all set to flash

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
15th August 2012, 07:01 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

You don't need that to root your phone. Just put it in download mode and run ff18 rooted by sfhub. And you're all set to flash

I put it in download mode like normal and connect it, the drivers are installed but the PC will not recognize the device is being connected.
15th August 2012, 07:27 PM |#5  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 7

More
try using a different usb cable and/or usb port
15th August 2012, 07:30 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoslo

try using a different usb cable and/or usb port

I tried a different cable on all the usb ports on my tower, and all of them on my laptop. Still nothing ICS has made me ready to smash my phone.

I'm going to try it on my computer at work tonight. I'll keep checking this thread
15th August 2012, 09:25 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Got it to work! I guess my phone just doesn't like my desktop or laptop at home :/ Thank you for the help guys
15th August 2012, 09:39 PM |#8  
Flag Farmington

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicabaddon

Got it to work! I guess my phone just doesn't like my desktop or laptop at home :/ Thank you for the help guys

Odd. Glad ya got it to work. Trying making sure you run a windoze up date on your pc's at home if you haven't already. Saw a few posts from people before that say that helped.
15th August 2012, 11:24 PM |#9  
Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Flag Okinawa
Thanks Meter: 8,641

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicabaddon

Thought I'd bring this up since I saw a similar issue the other day. Turns out that it didn't like the port replicator for the laptop - the USB ports on the laptop though are fine.
15th August 2012, 11:41 PM |#10  
Flag Farmington

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn

Thought I'd bring this up since I saw a similar issue the other day. Turns out that it didn't like the port replicator for the laptop - the USB ports on the laptop though are fine.

The laptop docking station? I've never use mine now that I think about it.. Good to know.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)