[REF][GPE] HTC One Google Play Edition Stock OTA URLs

Search This thread

neriamarillo

May 14, 2013
Miami, FL
I decided to take a risk and sideload the update with TWRP.

Don't. It tries to update the firmware and fails, and KitKat fails to boot (you get coloured lines) because it does not like the firmware. My fault, I'll boot into TWRP, backup and re-run the 4.3 RUU.

Ok... This happened to me with TWRP (it fails with the m7 error on CWM). I decided to flash the stock recovery. Did the volume up and power button and went to install from phone storage. Went into the /0 folder and found a "sideload.zip". Flashed that. Rebooted phone and now I have the update succesfully!:laugh::good::good:

Reactions: bobio64

tbalden

Recognized Developer
It's a stock recovery, you can access the menu which allows you to do that by pressing volume up then power button.

oh, never used stock recovery that detailed, thanks for letting know!
then problem might be that the stock recovery you have is outdated and is not updated for some reason. This set_metadata_recoursively is a new function is working properly in newer recoveries. (like cm-11 needed a new version of custom recovery to be flashed)

EDIT
Inside the Ota zip,, there's a firmware zip with new recovery.img...maybe you can try to flash it manually?

Last edited:

MindlessLeadership

Oct 26, 2011
Ashford

saturn_de

Jan 29, 2010
ART

3d Mark Ice Storm Unlimited

Code:
Android 4.3 Dalvik: 10988
Android 4.4 ART   : 11243

Sebianoti

Mar 27, 2011
Krakow
www.Nave360.com
oh, never used stock recovery that detailed, thanks for letting know!
then problem might be that the stock recovery you have is outdated and is not updated for some reason. This set_metadata_recoursively is a new function is working properly in newer recoveries. (like cm-11 needed a new version of custom recovery to be flashed)

EDIT
Inside the Ota zip,, there's a firmware zip with new recovery.img...maybe you can try to flash it manually?

I flashed the recovery from the zip, tried updating again, and it ended the same way.

repvik

Oct 19, 2007
I get "/system/app/Hindi.apk" has unexpected contents when trying to update via (stock) recovery.

Mikey

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Wheaton, Il
Google Pixel Fold
Dont you guys need stock recovery? Volume up+power simultaneously
Then click on apply update using sideload feature.

using abd command on your COMPUTER...........
adb devices (should see your devices serial number)
adb sideload filename.zip

Last edited:

mdeejay

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 17, 2010
Abakan
flashed OTA after full wipe... all fine..

flash stock unrooted RUU-HTC_One_GE-3.06.1700.10.zip -> boot -> update to 3.07.1700 -> push ota to sdcard (phone storage) -> reboot to recovery -> apply update from phone storage -> done

paul_viado

Feb 24, 2010
the City of Sin
No need to rename file. Just stock recovery and install from phone storage and let it do its thing.shouldn't take more than 5 mins. Just got done installing and everything is fine for me.

Reactions: Mikey

Jimzoaar

Nov 18, 2013
Hi Everyone,

As I do with many Nexus devices, I intend to maintain a thread here with links to all the stock OTA updates for the HTC One Google Play Edition. Each time there is an OTA update, its direct link on Google's servers will be posted here for reference and posterity. I also mirror these files at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/htc-one/m7_google.

Any questions about flashing these OTA updates can be discussed and answered here as well.

----------------------------------------------------

Current firmware (m7_google): Android 4.3, Build JWR66Y

JWR66Y from JDQ39 - http://android.clients.google.com/p...3.07.1700.1-2.14.1700.15_R_release_332395.zip
JWR66Y from JWR66V - http://android.clients.google.com/p...E_3.07.1700.1-3.06.1700.10_release_332016.zip
-----------------------------------------------------
JWR66V from JDQ39 - http://android.clients.google.com/p....06.1700.10-2.14.1700.15_R_release_330258.zip

How do I know which OTA I need?

MindlessLeadership

Oct 26, 2011
Ashford
I got set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed.

Installation aborted.

I am using the recovery from the GPe Conversion Thread. I think it's being caused by the fact I am using the rooted version.

Last edited:

m1ket

Aug 24, 2010
hmm once i see the andorid with red exclamation i cant seem to get into the recovery menu have tried volume up then power, power then volume up neither gives the mneu

Top Liked Posts