By z89x23, Member on 15th April 2014, 08:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th October 2014, 06:44 PM |#71  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock3am

I just got a firmware update to ANG8 come through ("Improves performance") and so far there has been no wake issues today after around 20 times waking my phone. Hopefully this is the one that solves the issue. I will report back if one occurs, but for now I am hoping it is fixed.

No it's not fixed.

16th October 2014, 05:35 AM |#72  
Flag Bangkok, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levus

No it's not fixed.

24 hours now and I still haven't had one instance of the screen not waking. Are you on this firmware? The build date is September 12.

Edit: 48 hours now and still no sign of the issue - I'm getting really confident it's been fixed now!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
24th October 2014, 10:24 AM |#73  
Flag Bangkok, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Well, I spoke too soon. Right after installing the update it was great for days, but now it is becoming more frequent. Strange.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
27th October 2014, 08:33 AM |#74  
OP Member
Flag Limassol
Thanks Meter: 9

More
hi all,

well i decided a few days ago to give a try to the techs.. i took it back to the shop..

i got it on Friday 24/10.. The invoice showed that they replace the whole screen with the sensor... at first everything looked fine..

Until yesterday.. the bug showed it self back.. i recorded it with the phone and the invoice to show them exactly what they didn't fix

So one thing is for sure.. its not the screen or the finger print sensor..

I m going to take it back to the shop and demand a new phone.. there is no way to accept this phone to get back on the shop for repair.. Again !!

will get back on you..
27th October 2014, 03:44 PM |#75  
Flag Budapest

More
As i said, changing the motherboard would fix the issue totally. I don't have a single one failure since the mobo change.
It's not the display because the the repairman did a bad job when assembling my phone so i decided to take it back several times. They changed the screen abourt 3-4 times and the wake up bug was exists all the time. When they finally changed the mobo and did a great job when assembling, my phone became totally perfect.
6th November 2014, 11:50 AM |#76  
OP Member
Flag Limassol

More
Quote:

As i said, changing the motherboard would fix the issue totally. I don't have a single one failure since the mobo change.
It's not the display because the the repairman did a bad job when assembling my phone so i decided to take it back several times. They changed the screen abourt 3-4 times and the wake up bug was exists all the time. When they finally changed the mobo and did a great job when assembling, my phone became totally perfect.

i hear you mate.. but these guys i think they didnt get the problem right..

they send it back yesterday and i said no.. i also operated the phone there and got a video too for them.. i dont know but im thinking on switching to Note 4..

how can i upload my video so others in the forum can see the problem ??

thanx..
6th November 2014, 11:54 AM |#77  
Flag Budapest

More
Just upload it to dropbox and share the video....
18th November 2014, 12:18 PM |#78  
OP Member
Flag Limassol

More
Quote:

Just upload it to dropbox and share the video....

ok i will do that..

Just asked regarding my phone.. these guys are hopeless..
They "checked" the phone and they said that there is no problem.. i don't think they saw the videos or checked it properly..

Thanks to the lady at the shop i got it from, she refused to receive it, she demanded a new phone..

I don't understand whats is the problem and they don't change my phone.. its under warranty and also full insurance..

well i have to wait one more week..

anyone had similar issues with the support ? man here it sucks...
will update when i have more news..
18th November 2014, 03:05 PM |#79  
Flag San José
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thumbs up Solution
You should update your bootloader and modem. It works for me, I haven't see this issue in a while in my G900M.

Maybe this post will help you all

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...11&postcount=4
24th November 2014, 06:53 AM |#80  
OP Member
Flag Limassol

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by York_21

You should update your bootloader and modem. It works for me, I haven't see this issue in a while in my G900M.

Maybe this post will help you all

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...11&postcount=4

Thanx i will give it a try if they dont change my phone.. Still didnt got it back...

No news either on how will the customer support will proceed..
24th November 2014, 04:51 PM |#81  
Flag San José
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Solution
I don't think it's an hardware issue.

Like I said, updating the bootloader and the modem solved the issue. I changed from S5 to Bacon, but the person who i gave the S5 doesn't even know that this issue exists.

You should give a try.

Best regards.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)