International Ascend P6 KitKat Update Pushed to June

Search This thread

miz_pimp

Mar 23, 2012
LG V40
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE

warea

Dec 1, 2007
We will get kk with working emui 2.0 and potentially in few months an update to 2.3... just like China

I'm more concerned about finding new root method which doesn't need twrp to be installed...

Releasing Emui2.0 is totally pointless if emui2.3 would be released in couple months. Everyone would use the beta Emui2.3 instead.

laverdadb

Jun 7, 2012
Budapest
Poor Huawei. Nobody will ever buy their product, if they care, and know about future updates. They so proud about: "We are the third mobile company" but they did not do anything... Almost one year, to have a newer version, they dont care about customers. If somebody in a position "third" i expect much more...

BB

B

BeyondTheHorizon

Poor Huawei. Nobody will ever buy their product, if they care, and know about future updates. They so proud about: "We are the third mobile company" but they did not do anything... Almost one year, to have a newer version, they dont care about customers. If somebody in a position "third" i expect much more...

BB

There are so many products out there. Test market before you buy.

warea

Dec 1, 2007

BB

The updates went weird in the international market. For China users, Huawei is providing updates consistently.

Even in the recent released plan for Emui2.0 updates for all Huawei phones, if one notices closely, it was only for P6 that the "overseas" version gets update. While the rest of other models, the overseas version is not mentioned, which most likely means that the overseas version of other Huawei model phones is never getting an update, atleast in this year. If anything Huawei has to do something about this where a mere simple factor of converting Chinese rom to International, is never executed. The other problem was that each region releases updates in a random way and some countries get OTA update while others never get or might get some very old update (but this is somewhat understandable as Huawei is still in the process of establishing itself in the various markets).

Last edited:

zordo

Dec 28, 2012
The updates went weird in the international market. For China users, Huawei is providing updates consistently.

Even in the recent released plan for Emui2.0 updates for all Huawei phones, if one notices closely, it was only for P6 that the "overseas" version gets update. While the rest of other models, the overseas version is not mentioned, which most likely means that the overseas version of other Huawei model phones is never getting an update, atleast in this year. If anything Huawei has to do something about this where a mere simple factor of converting Chinese rom to International, is never executed. The other problem was that each region releases updates in a random way and some countries get OTA update while others never get or might get some very old update (but this is somewhat understandable as Huawei is still in the process of establishing itself in the various markets).

They really should learn object-oriented programming. If they do use it, I dont understand how it takes this long to port the chinese rom to english. Insert local language pack, insert local network pack. Thats how the big boys do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got the anserw again from Huawei! Here you are!

The official information by the Vmall forum is true. Hungary will rolling out the update before end of May. It's possible that some AscendP6 owners will be able to upgrade their device at the beginning of June, because there are different versions, for different regions. Thank you for your patience! Hello!

BB