[APP/MOD/PORT] S View Cover Service Note 3 + Galaxy S5 for S4

Search This thread

Ha\/0c

Mar 5, 2013
Delhi
S-view Cover

Hi guys,
I just wanted to share i finally got my S4(9500) sview cover with the bigger window...:D
I'm here to share a small quick review..and request the developer to please port s5 sview cover if possible ..

So here is a quick review :

1) Looks - The Cover looks nice just like the s5 cover.( (with leather look like the note 3)
2)Build - It feels good in hand , a bit heavier and sturdy than the normal sview cover.
3)Window- The window is sized just as the s5 (i guess it looks as big as it ).
4)Fitting- No loose ends here, it just fits perfectly on the device..

I even installed the s5 contacts (on Hassan Rom v7) and checked that the call screen fits good (Though not Perfect).
But the touch screen does not work in the extended window..

So i Request the dev to please try to port it..

You can find it here : Ebay
AliExpress

I am attaching a few pics of the cover..
And i'll attach a few more later with the cover on showing the in call ui.

Thanks ...

Attachments

• 20140702_162740.jpg
    20140702_162740.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 1,046
  • 20140702_162823.jpg
    20140702_162823.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 1,030
  • 20140702_185451.jpg
    20140702_185451.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 1,110
Last edited:

bevinabraham

Oct 8, 2007
Bangalore
not able to answer calls

Hi,
The s4 mod looks nice.. but..wen i get a phone call i dont see an ans/reject pattern as i used to before this mod?
i just get a transparent screen with the normal phone app behind..through the glass ?

maroc1994

Apr 21, 2011
Hi guys,
I just wanted to share i finally got my S4(9500) sview cover with the bigger window...:D
I'm here to share a small quick review..and request the developer to please port s5 sview cover if possible ..

So here is a quick review :

1) Looks - The Cover looks nice just like the s5 cover.( (with leather look like the note 3)
2)Build - It feels good in hand , a bit heavier and sturdy than the normal sview cover.
3)Window- The window is sized just as the s5 (i guess it looks as big as it ).
4)Fitting- No loose ends here, it just fits perfectly on the device..

I even installed the s5 contacts (on Hassan Rom v7) and checked that the call screen fits good (Though not Perfect).
But the touch screen does not work in the extended window..

So i Request the dev to please try to port it..

You can find it here : Ebay
AliExpress

I am attaching a few pics of the cover..
And i'll attach a few more later with the cover on showing the in call ui.

Thanks ...

cool!

is the case compatible too with I9505?

hasek82

Aug 23, 2010
Norrbotten
S4 Modded S-View Cover : http://d-h.st/hTw

- HOW TO -

- Use Es File Explorer etc. also you need root access.
- Go into system/app and delete SViewCoverService.apk/.odex
- Download my apk and copy it into /system/app
- All Done.Reboot your device![/QUOTE]

S4 modded sview cover link not working i tryed tog download can you please upload a new link?

Skickat från min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ha\/0c

Mar 5, 2013
Delhi
Hi man ,
I am following this rom since quite long now,
i just wanted to ask if you have got the touch to work in the expanded area .. or is it a hardware shortcoming which cant be overcome (hope not!)
Thank You.. :good:

mv0hra

Aug 6, 2005
doga.ozkaraca, is it possible to get a 380 dpi version or maybe you could tell us how to create one.

vpx

Jun 14, 2007

- HOW TO -

- All Done.Reboot your device!

S4 modded sview cover link not working i tryed tog download can you please upload a new link?

Skickat från min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I can't try it, , I am not able to download.

captaincanada

Dec 5, 2007
Hey guys.

Some of you reported of beeing not to be able to restore old data from an apk/odex file backup.

i had the same problem...
you need to set folder permissions after pasteing the files!
the easiest way is with SD-Maid > paste files > mark them > "3 dots icon" right upper corner > change permissions > set every permissions (dont know wich exactly to set, but it works with "all")

>> reboot system...
>>>voila, old settings with working clock

also works for any other customized files... dont forget to set permissions :)

never the less, i have no big screen cover and looking for an "all in one mod"... working camera, calling list, music control, media folder (stock theme alike like note 4, menu button to the right opens simple patterns to choice)
no overlaying icons, no colourfull buttons nobody is able to recognize, no hundrets of widgets on the sview "homescreen"

is there any apk doing this or anybody who is interested in "create" it :)

thx a lot in advance

MM

Last edited:

canewild

Jul 28, 2014
Is it posible to replace sview action memo with flashlight? Instead of opening memo when you scroll flashlight turns on. That would be much more helpfull option.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

tosunkaya

Dec 19, 2014
ANKARA
Acİl cevabin gereklİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ

KARDEŞİM S4 (i9500) LOLLİPOP KULLANIYORUM VE @alemtro'NUN AURORA ROM'U YÜKLÜ. VE ROMDA NOTE4'ÜN BÜYÜK SVİEW KAPAĞININ UYGULAMASI VAR. SENİN S5 DOSYANI İNDİRİP YÜKLESEM ÇALIŞIR MI??? @doga.ozkaraca

Is this mod works in Lollipop????

Last edited:

abnt

Mar 22, 2015
hey bro plzz mirror the s4 modded s view apk as i am unable to download it from dev-host....urgently needed this s view service apk...

Ale95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Making our phone more awesome!
KARDEŞİM S4 (i9500) LOLLİPOP KULLANIYORUM VE @alemtro'NUN AURORA ROM'U YÜKLÜ. VE ROMDA NOTE4'ÜN BÜYÜK SVİEW KAPAĞININ UYGULAMASI VAR. SENİN S5 DOSYANI İNDİRİP YÜKLESEM ÇALIŞIR MI??? @doga.ozkaraca

Is this mod works in Lollipop????

This mod dont work in lollipop ROMS because the S View Cover now is in SystemUI.apk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi XDA Friends,

I decided to port S5 S View Cover Stuff to our beautiful S4.
    You know samsung made worst S View Cover Stuff for us.
    Note 3 and S5 have useful features on their View Cover..But S4 only shows clock&date,and only stock music player stuff.(i don't write anything about call answering etc.I'm talking about Screen on state only)
    ANDROID 4.4 KITKAT FIRMWARE REQUIRED ANYWAY I DIDN'T TEST ON ANDROID 4.3- , IT WILL LOOK BETTER ON S5 THEMED ROMS .BECAUSE S5 FONTS ETC.
    EDIT : I will make an apk for changing stuff and also xposed weather stuff for note 3 + s5 S-View Service
    You can't use anything in your zip file/ROM etc. without my permission.
    But S5 Port doesn't work correctly.Probably GLHelper java classes are crashing. But logcat doesn't show anything about crashed stuff.So i must dig it for fixing FC problem.So i decided to make a port from Note 3 and theming like S5 .And Results below.
    Anyways S5 Port is useless for now :)

I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE OF ANY PROBLEMS IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG.But,probably you won't get any problem.

Current S5 S-View Cover Status :
    s5.JPG

- Shows notifications.
    - Touch buttons doesn't work, probably framework related.
    - Crashes when screen turns off and turns on again..
    - I have never seen clock,maybe thats the reason too for crashes(i checked font dependencies,fonts are working.)

Current S5 Themed Note 3 S-View Cover Status :
    sview.JPG
    3red.JPG

3s5.JPG
    opened.JPG

-Touch buttons doesn't work, i think it's framework related. Because Note3 And S5 ViewCover sizes out of bounds of original S4 S-View Cover screen.
    -Clock&Date Works, S-Health doesn't work , Weather currently doesn't work but i added Weather layout.I wrote 20 degree manually.It doesn't fetch data for now.(I'm planning to change weather text + icon with xposed via my own service. It will work after that.)
    -It doesn't crash.

As you can see S5 and Note 3 S-View Cover Services doesn't fit. So you can cut your S-View Case and put another plastic glass.And It will look like S5 or Note 3.Maybe I can create youtube tutorial for this.
    But i want to fix touch buttons on S-View before doing that.

I can change S-View Color with S5 Touchwiz(menu button) -> Set Wallpaper -> S View Window
    chg.JPG

Current S4 Modded S-View Cover Service :
    s4.JPG

-Everything Works
    -Customizable Background Wallpaper
    ---HOW TO---

--HINT : If you only want to change background,you don't have to use apktool .just use 7-zip and change bg.jpg inside res/drawable....../ and push apk file to your /system/app folder --

1-Download My Modded Apk
    2-Use apktool to extract it.("java -jar apktool.jar d ModdedS4SViewService.apk")
    -------------
    3-go into extracted/res/drawable-sw360dp-xxhdpi/
    4-and edit bg.png and save.(FOR WALLPAPER)
    -----------------
    3-go into extracted/res/layout-sw360dp-xxhdpi/
    4-and edit things in s_view_cover_home_widget.xml
    editing.png

---------------
    5-then repack it.("java -jar apktool.jar b ModdedS4SViewService")
    6-and then open downloaded apk again,extract META-INF folder
    7-go into extracted/dist folder to get re-builded apk.
    8-open it via 7-zip or winrar and add Extracted META-INF folder to new rebuilded apk
    9-And then push the file into system/app in your phone (DON'T FORGET TO REMOVE OLD SViewCoverService.apk,otherwise it won't work)
    10-Reboot your phone.

- Downloads -

S5 Themed Note 3 S-View Cover : S5 Themed Note 3 S-View Cover v0.1(remove old SViewCoverService.apk before installing it into /system/app)
    Changelog:
    v0.1
    -First Release

S5 S-View Cover : It's too buggy not available at the moment

WARNING : S5 Touchwiz can't change S4 Modded S-View Cover Background. You have to do stuff above.

- HOW TO -

- All Done.Reboot your device!
    Dunno.... i will be free x cooperation, so if he will we can cooperate, happy for that....
    should work as a lot of mods works are compatible on both.....

cheers

yes we can work together if you want too :) Anyway my current touch screen fixing status is : i unpacked framework2.jar with baksmali defined my own height code into viewcover part in com/sec/samsungblabla.. class but when i repacked it with smali and pushed it back into device.it didn't work and i got bootloop probably current baksmali and smali is not compatible with 4.4... i used smali many times it was working on android 4.1 and 4.2 . i don't know why changes made it bootlooping. :cyclops: :eek:

I would like to hear from you, if you've done anything :p :good: :highfive:
    NIce work Dude.. !
    I guess the size of s view window really restricts us from using major functions..
    and how did you get that full screen pic after removing s view cover ? (by placing it on back or some other way )
    Thanks for starting this project:good:

yeah,But im working on it. :)
    and i placed it on back.

Dear friend,

I have a cover case with big window like S5 and Note 3 and I am using rooted stock rom. If I put your apk is everything gonna work?

Thanks.

except touch buttons, yes everything will work. and it will look better :) if you can send a picture of your phone with that case after installing apk.It would be good.So everybody can see what will they get after installing the apk.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Good project , wish you good luck with it. Waiting for fixing touch buttons ...:)

+1. I ordered an sview cover case with a larger window for my s4, so I hope the touch buttons get fixed cause I'd love to use it with that case.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    I think it is odexed as I am using stock 4.4.2 but rooted

so you should remove SViewCoverService.odex file too.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app