Rooted 14.3.2.3.2 Need help with Downgrade

Search This thread

holeshot77

Jul 11, 2008
Grimes, IA
I have build prop changed to 14.3.0.9 blah blah

I have the 14.3.1.0 update. How do i manually update to that software? I have it in my downloads folder..but I noticed that my kindle is now trying to update again too. So i put it in airplane mode to stop it.

Where do I put the BIN file to update manually and how do I update manually?

Thanks!!

I can't believe that my kindle is rooted at the moment.. im taking my time...

Last edited:

holeshot77

Jul 11, 2008
Grimes, IA

I have the 14.3.1.0 update. How do i manually update to that software? I have it in my downloads folder..but I noticed that my kindle is now trying to update again too. So i put it in airplane mode to stop it.

Thanks!!

got it. :)

r3pwn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com

Thanks!!

First off, double, triple check to ensure your build.prop permissions are 0644, reboot your device, then go to the part where it says software update in settings, then hit update. I do not have this device, I'm just telling you that based off of what everyone else is saying. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

holeshot77

Jul 11, 2008
Grimes, IA
I did that..got it..then said my version is newer than the update version..something else i need to change in buildprop...the build date i have changed numerous times and it keeps going back to june 1st 2014..not 2013 like i changed it to. Hrmm anyone?

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Jan 12, 2012
I did that..got it..then said my version is newer than the update version..something else i need to change in buildprop...the build date i have changed numerous times and it keeps going back to june 1st 2014..not 2013 like i changed it to. Hrmm anyone?

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pls read my topic carefully. you didnt change the build number to lower value than 310079820 of 14.3.1.0.
so, change it to 300079820. and dont forget permission 644

holeshot77

Jul 11, 2008
Grimes, IA
welp..ive done it..lol..damn kids were in when I saved and rebooted..and yep.. forgot to change the permissions.. now my windows 8.1 and windows 7 laptops won't find it.. says device not found.. fantabulous..

anything I can do to rectify this? Ive gone into device manager on both machines and it doesn't even get recognized once usb is plugged.

shat

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
did you know?

welp..ive done it..lol..damn kids were in when I saved and rebooted..and yep.. forgot to change the permissions.. now my windows 8.1 and windows 7 laptops won't find it.. says device not found.. fantabulous..

anything I can do to rectify this? Ive gone into device manager on both machines and it doesn't even get recognized once usb is plugged.

shat

I was just wondering if you know there's a whole thread already devoted to this downgradeing and all? Everything your doing and having problems with have been documented there already http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2782159

Last edited: