Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

When connected to WiFi I loose my LTE singmal

158 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By millerliteguy, Senior Member on 24th October 2013, 12:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have the Note 3. And everytime I connect to WiFi my cell signal goes from full LTE signal to nothing. If I turn the WiFi off my cell signal comes back.

I have WiFi calling turned off - Can someone please help me with this.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1390525.JPG
Views:	793
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	2346180   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1390526.JPG
Views:	788
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	2346181  

24th October 2013, 01:21 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 247

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerliteguy

I have the Note 3. And everytime I connect to WiFi my cell signal goes from full LTE signal to nothing. If I turn the WiFi off my cell signal comes back.

Thanks

Some phones do this and some do not. Mine did it on stock but when I flashed Jedi it no longer did that.
24th October 2013, 01:42 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
You can install the X posed framework with Wanamaker module and enable the 4G let icon all the time. That's what I do.
The Following User Says Thank You to DriftorX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DriftorX Ad-Free
24th October 2013, 01:52 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,133

More
I would have to assume the radio goes into a lower power mode when WiFi is on. Do you really need your radio to tx/Rx full blast when on WiFi? Just because no bars are showing does not mean you don't have signal. I have wondered about this myself, because often this phone and others have exhibited the same behavior. Checking your signal manually always assures me that my radio hasn't shutdown. You don't need LTE anyways as there is not voice over LTE and I would rather have it downgrade to umts which I am sure it does. I do wish there was an option to over ride this for those rare moments you are expecting an important phone call but at the same time I am not that insecure nor do I let technology rule my mindset like that.

sent from my sm-900t.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Forgot to add that when you do not have any signal you get the no signal circle which is rare when I am in a place I know I have good signal.. And when you see no signal in a place you think you should have full signal often times there are the other variables to consider.

sent from my sm-900t.
24th October 2013, 01:52 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:

Thanks

I had the same problem and people made fun of me on here and said I didn't set my wifi calling preferences properly. Well, I did, and I'm sure you did too. The only thing that fixed it for me was flashing a custom rom. Both custom roms I've tried fixed it (MyRom and Wicked). Bug in the T-Mobile Rom if you ask me...
25th October 2013, 05:00 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm on Tmobile and I'm having the same problem you have. I lose 4G LTE when my wifi is on. Wifi calling is off because of the caller id issue with oli or ;63, but that still occurs even with wifi and wifi calling off. It's hard for me to make a call on wifi since it will keep trying to redial with no reception. I always have to turn off wifi just to get my bars back and go on 4G to make a phone call.
It's pretty irritating if you ask me; hope either Samsung or Tmobile will make a software update asap.
25th October 2013, 07:17 AM |#7  
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 219

More
Quote:

Thanks

Why do you want LTE on if WiFi is on.

When both networks are enabled then you are attached to two IP networks.

How are you going to make your IP traffic route if it is attached to two different networks?

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying that is the way it would be designed to work I would think.

There are definitely tools out there that show that they are not both active at the same time
26th October 2013, 06:18 PM |#8  
Flag Atl shawty
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I'm going to interject on this subject because it is annoying as hell. First of all I have the same problem, but when I'm connected to wifi, my cell signal drops to nothing and if I'm on a call I hear nothing but choppy voices and the calls always drop within 2 minutes. It may put the cell radio into a low power status but it also makes making or receiving calls unbearable or even impossible on wifi. I use a data on off widget and when I'm not using my phone I turn the data off, so this is not remotely an issue with me. My ability to talk on the phone is a huge issue and cell signal drop for me has caused me to never connect to wifi on my G-note3.
26th October 2013, 06:32 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,133

More
Sounds like the WiFi calling bug. My cell signal is terrible at my apartment on WiFi so I have low signal issues regardless. I have no problems in other places when connected to WiFi and making phone calls. I am on at&t though and do not use WiFi calling.

sent from my sm-900t.
27th October 2013, 06:15 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I had the same issue with my first note 3. I went back to tmo and argued It the no signal issue. It showed no signal when wifi was on but the cell was preferred over wifi calling. Turned off wifi signal, on no signal. Then after a few minutes the bars appeared back with wifi on. The manager came and told me that's normal for the bars to disappear. I said No Way Because they were there yesterday. But she said it's normal with wifi on I said I don't use wifi calling be I have good signal in house, But Need It on for browsing. She that's how it is I said bs, so I looking at my phone and I see no signal bars unless I turn off wifi or use wifi calling. Don't think so. And they only way I can check for signal is when I'm on wifi is to call.. No way. She said it's not a phone issue but a tech issue. I said it's the phone why was it on for the last 13 days ago now gone with wifi on. Finally she said she would exchange it. All this bs and she is my friend too. Now my phone doesn't have the issue but has rebooted by itself once again. I knew it was coming because the phone just froze on the flip app. I like Android and it's features, but damn I mess ios's stability.
27th October 2013, 09:54 AM |#11  
Corpus Christi, TX
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Have you all checked your status when on wifi?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1382860442659.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	2352813  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)