[ROM] Xian (LiquidF) v1 [8/14/2010] CyanogenMod 6.1.0+

• Thread starter Deleted member 2398568
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 2398568

logov2final.png

Hello everybody, -original post on modaco-

Koudelka worked hard to get an initial tree working for AOSP (based on Codeaurora's Froyo tree for qsd8250, big thanks to phh for suggesting), credits and kudos to him! I've been conversing with him in the IRC chatroom for a bit and have agreed to release this ROM, to maintain it, and to adapt the Liquid vendor/device tree to CyanogenMod, aiming for full hardware compatibility with Froyo and future Android versions. I am constantly updating the tree, and will provide nightly builds as soon as possible, the current builds being fully functional (WiFi, 3D, GPS, radio, camera -thanks to phh's RE of the libcamera-, camcorder -adaptation of Acer's libcamera-, geolocation, battery and missed call LED -thanks to cgatay for CM6 compatible patch-, haptic feedback, USB mount, accelerometer, and soon to be Proximity sensor)

Thanks to phhusson's hard and diligent work we also have a full functional Froyo kernel! (phhusson is a miracle worker, work on hardware is thanks to him!)

This is not AOSP Froyo, FRF91, nor AOSP Eclair, this is CyanogenMod 6.X.X compiled for the Liquid and LiquidE!

So here it is, CyanogenMod 6.X.X with the regular Xian ROM addons and mods, for you to install! It's is a Froyo based build, includes JIT, and supports Adobe's Flash Player 10.1 (installable from the Market).

Again, credits to koudelka for the base and phhusson for the Froyo kernel! And credits to Cyanogen for the Android source and improvements! -> official CyanogenMod changelog

These ROMs WIPE DATA as to prevent incompatabilites between revisions, so please Nandroid and backup your personal DATA with Titanium Backup before upgrading, or flashing the ROM.

Suggestions are welcome to improve the usability of this ROM! Please feedback! And please also say thank you to phhusson and koudelka! We'd appreciate a drink ;) -> donate link.

Enjoy

You can follow my work and progress on CyanogenMod support for the Liquid/E on my github.

Status update for v1.2-pre:
Code:
- fixed headset icon not showing
- fixed WiFi, SoftAP (tethering) working (using BCM4329)
- based on latest CM6 build (6.1.0)
- added scripting to enable and disable haptic feedback
- haptic feedback strength lowered
- Multi-Touch Android keyboard
- proximity sensor WIP
- compatible with Liquid AND now LiquidE

Xian (LiquidF) v1
Changelog:
Code:
- rebased on new CyanogenMod build build date August 14th (RC3+)
- fixed ramzwap (compcache) -> activate in CyanogenMod Settings
- new GPS library
- new Bluetooth firmware
- new WiFi firmware
- new OpenGL libaries (?)
- boosted audio 4dB -> really loud (credits to phhusson)
- new bootsplash (thanks to Simoneser and xau!)
- radio settings changed for battery savings
- phhusson's WiFi sleep fix included in kernel
- missed call LED working! credits to cgatay! :D
- added new Google Search (with voice)
- a lot of internal bugfixes
- added Chrome to Phone
- upgraded SuperUser to v2.3.1
- new Bluetooth Headset EQ
- USB Tethering -> activate in settings
- working Camera (no camcorder as of yet) credits to phhusson!
- geolocation + GPS fixed
- updated all 3rd party apps
- disable Surface Dithering in CyanogenMod settings for a performance boost! (but lowers quality of screen)
- a surprise in ringones (can you find it?)
- FULL WIPE ROM, Please backup your apps and settings!

XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.5
Changelog:
Code:
- rebased on new CyanogenMod build, huge speed-up
- cleaned out duplicate LatinIME.apk (not noticeable)
- removed broken soundrecorder
- added AcerSoundRecorder
- removed OpenVPN Settings (now integrated into system settings)
- upgraded SuperUser to v2.2.2
- Headset and Speaker EQ
- change statusbar color
- change song with long press on volume button
- FULL WIPE ROM, Please backup your apps and settings!

XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.4b
Changelog:
Code:
- undervolted to 850mV
- added LiquidTether
- splash screen from Xian v0.9
- fixed GPS
- Tun/Tap module added (for OpenVPN)
- fixed app compatability
- added Toggle2G (app that toggle's 3G/2G on standby)
- ramzswap tweaked to 20MB
- Full WIPE, backup then flash unsigned in recovery

XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.4a
Changelog:
Code:
- fixed superuser permissions
- fixed chinese input
- non-wipe update, flash unsigned in recovery

XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.4
Changelog:
Code:
- Added HTC CIME (Chinese Keyboard, currently a WIP)
- Added HTC IME
- Moved 3rd party apps to /data, added Titanium Backup, AutoKiller, LauncherPro
- LWP support added
- HTC Sense and Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) Live Wallpapers
- GPS faster and more accurate (mod from Xian v1.0)
- Cleaned system of Mahimahi and espresso bits
- Moved Superuser from /bin to /xbin

Koud (LiquidF) v0.3
Changelog:
Code:
- Fixed Google apps
- Fixed 2D graphics rendering, popup lag
- Fixed USB mount
- tweaked GPS settings

A few of the many of goodies included with CyanogenMod 6.0.0:
Code:
FLAC audio support
Audio Equalizer
Change Status Bar color in settings
Touch to focus in camcorder
VOL+/VOL- to change song during standby
Integrated ramzswap control
Integrated custom theming of status and notification bars

Custom kernel includes:
Code:
USB Tethering support
WiFi Tethering support (using BCM4329 driver)
Undervolted
TUN/TAP module included for OpenVPN
Ramzswap with SWAP_FREE_NOTIFY
Netfilter enabled for WiFi tethering with Gengaro's LiquidTether app
Overclockable to 1.2GHz with SetCPU (please be carefull, as going too high can freeze your phone, 998MHz is stable for some, 960MHz for most)

Requirements:
Code:
At least the 2.2 Froyo leaked .bin (0.007.00), recommended for new radio and for compatability(from Xian LiquidF up until v1.2 and newer)
At least the official 2.1 éclair .bin (1.100.39), 1.100.63 recommended for new radio (for Xian LiquidF up until v1)
Malez Recovery 0.6.0 to flash the ROM
10 minutes of your life
A glass of water
A brain

Instructions:
Code:
Backup your personal data (SMS, Contacts, with Titanium Backup or any other app)
Flash the latest .bin if you haven't already done so
Download the ROM and place it in the root of your SD card
Reboot your Liquid into Recovery mode
Nandroid backup just in case!
Flash without sign check
Reboot
It takes at least 5 minutes to boot up the first time (to index the system files, only on first boot)
Enjoy!

Downloads:
- Xian (LiquidF) v1 ROM (another alternate boot.img) <- flash after flashing full ROM if the first alternate doesn't work for you
- Xian (LiquidF) v1 ROM (alternate boot.img) <- flash after flashing full ROM if you get a boot loop
- Xian (LiquidF) v1 ROM (bugfix) <- Flash after flashing FULL ROM. Fixes USB and GPS.
- Xian (LiquidF) v1 ROM (FULL WIPE)
- XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.5 ROM (FULL WIPE)
- XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.4a non-wipe update
- XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.4 ROM
- Koud (LiquidF) v0.3 ROM
- Latest .bin to flash before flashing CyanogenMod (new radio included, 04.04.02, .bin v1.100.63)

History :
Code:
Hello everybody,

Thanks to phhusson's hard and diligent work we not only have a working Froyo compatible kernel but also a working Liquid vendor tree made by koudelka (based on Codeaurora's Froyo tree for qsd8250, big thanks to phh for suggesting). As you all know he compiled AOSP for the liquid, and released on the forums as a test ROM. The ROM I'm releasing today is designed for everyday use, it has all hardware working, WiFi, GPS, Sensors, 3D, 3G, with the exception of camera, which is currently a work in progress (phhusson is a miracle worker, all work on hardware is thanks to him!).

[u]But[/u], this is not AOSP Froyo, FRF91, nor AOSP Eclair, this is CyanogenMod 6.0.0 compiled for the Liquid and LiquidE!

Koudelka has been working hard to get this working, credits and kudos to him! I've been conversing with him in IRC for a bit and have agreed to release this ROM, which he built and I cleaned up and tweaked for the average joe.

So here it is, CyanogenMod 6 with the regular Xian ROM addons and mods, for you to install! It's is a Froyo based build, includes JIT, and supports Adobe's Flash Player 10.1 (installable from the Market).

Again, credits to koudelka for the base and phhusson for the Froyo kernel! And credits to Cyanogen for the Android source and improvements! -> [url="http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen/blob/froyo/CHANGELOG.mkdn"]official CyanogenMod changelog [/url]

[u]These ROMs do not automatically WIPE apps but they [b]do WIPE your PERSONAL DATA[/b]. If you encounter problems please wipe data/cache and reflash the ROM. [b]Nandroid backup to be sure![/b][/u]

Suggestions are welcome to improve the usability of this ROM! Please feedback! And please say thank you to phhusson and koudelka! Who both deserve some beer.;)

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:

Vakman

Jun 23, 2010
This looks very nice but when I flash it through Malez Recovery I get stuck in a boot loop. I tried flashing both alternatives afterwards. Nothing helps.
I have an Acer liquid E with the 2.2 Froyo leaked .bin (0.007.00).
Any ideas?

dan-htc-touch

Dec 6, 2007
calgary
I can't seem to get it to boot past a boot loop either, maybee if I have time later I'll logcat it.... for now, I has to run

peetuhr

May 13, 2009
Ottawa, ON
screen stuttering

hey, been using the build for the day and every few minutes the top of the screen acts as though its being tapped on and the notification bar shoots down/things on screen get selected randomly. havent been able to figure out how to reproduce.

Koki1337

Feb 14, 2010
Try setting the sensitivity to a default 70/70.
That is happening to my LCR-installed Liquid E too with the highest sensitivity.
Just get it to 70/70