[ROM] MIUI port 1.11.04 (5/11/11)

Search This thread

stockwell

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2007
Brisbane
I take no responsibility for any harm that comes to your phone as a result of applying this mod.

Based on the Desire-Z MIUI.us release available here: http://roms.miui.us/1.10.14/MIUI.us_vision_1.10.14_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed.zip

Known Issues
  • Wifi doesn't always work well with networks that use a hidden SSID, and not at all with hidden 802.1x EAP networks
  • Green/purple line on photos taken at 5MP resolution with the Gemini JPEG encoder enabled.
  • Phone will crash when UMS is enabled for internal storage.
  • Need to restart wifi tethering to change SSID and security settings

Thanks to Geokolar, dzo, miuiandroid.com, miui.us, Juwe11, XJ, roenano and of course Xiaomi

Downloads

Changelog:
  • Update to latest MIUI.us release, with framework modified to support additional English locales
  • Include native USB tethering from previous fixpack
  • x5settings: Update donators list (Thankyou Jan!)

Additional Features
  • Ram optimization script by Juwe11 (available here)

Installation
  1. Copy miui zip to your external sdcard
  2. Boot to clockworkmod recovery
  3. (Optional) Perform a backup. After backing up reboot recovery (in the advanced menu)
  4. Install zip from sdcard
  5. Important for first install Wipe data/cache.
  6. Reboot to system and enjoy. Be patient the first boot as it takes a while to build the dalvik cache and will just show a black screen for ~15 seconds.

Notes
  • Firewall is by default set to quite aggressive settings. I would suggest looking over these and turning it off if you don't need any of the features.
  • Don't use the battery usage monitor.

Thanks to those who donated to make this ROM possible:
Ho Made, P.Santos, haydnlj, khunjj, N. Kesina, R. Rhbäck, Gefjon, bazz07, L. Luc, saran, C.Grama, sergejk, A.Robson, Trevh, Red Krawler, D. Moens, J. Goosen.

Last edited:

AndytheAndroid

Jan 19, 2011
Canberra
I take no responsibility for any harm that comes to your phone as a result of applying this mod.

I got bored last night so I decided to try a Miui port. Thanks to the work done on gingerbread roms by Geno and DZO this was actually fairly straightforward to do. At this stage basically everything that works in CM7 is working in Miui.

Based on the Desire-Z Miui.us release available here: http://goo.gl/BckGH

Known Bugs
  • Issue with recording audio (skype, gtalk etc)
  • No hardware video acceleration
  • No camera
  • Probably more, post your results

Thanks to Genokolar, DZO and Miui team

Downloads
Installation
  1. Copy miui_u8800.zip to your external sdcard
  3. (Optional) Perform a backup. After backing up reboot recovery (in the advanced menu)
  4. Important Wipe data/cache
  5. Apply update from sdcard
  6. Reboot to system and enjoy. Be patient the first boot as it takes a while to build the dalvik cache and will just show a black screen for ~15 seconds.

Wow, I'm amazed at the amount of activity in ROM development.
I really hope you're able to get this bug free eventually.

Reactions: xmsnx and darkn1ck

cirnocirno

Dec 1, 2010
Looks fun !
I am not wishing to try out this until it 3 more updates :p
Feeling pretty insecure for a change at the moment. I will check in here everyday I like MIUI for the sleek and stylish view they have of an android ROM should look and work alike.

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
Good work, you beat me to it.
I already had downloaded Desire Z's MIUI. :p

cirnocirno

Dec 1, 2010

I got bored last night so I decided to try a Miui port. Thanks to the work done on gingerbread roms by Geno and DZO this was actually fairly straightforward to do. At this stage basically everything that works in CM7 is working in Miui.

Based on the Desire-Z Miui.us release available here: http://goo.gl/BckGH

Known Bugs
  • Issue with recording audio (skype, gtalk etc)
  • No hardware video acceleration
  • No camera
  • Wifi Hotspot
  • Probably more, post your results

Thanks to Genokolar, DZO and Miui team

Downloads
Installation
  1. Copy miui_u8800.zip to your external sdcard
  4. Apply update from sdcard
  5. Important Wipe data/cache.

Notes
  • If you wish to use automatic backlight levels I suggest disabling the allow lights to decrease option. It doesn't smoothly transition between the backlight levels so it can be really annoying having it change while you're using it.
Well a question to you @stock and @noejn. As stock made a port for the u8800 and noejn wanted to do it too, wouldn't it be great if you guys would work together and refine it?
Thanks for the rom stock and I really hope to see it evolve :D

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
Well a question to you @stock and @noejn. As stock made a port for the u8800 and noejn wanted to do it too, wouldn't it be great if you guys would work together and refine it?
Thanks for the rom stock and I really hope to see it evolve :D

I was just waiting for exams season to be over. :p

But nah, stockwell knows what he's doing; it's also a small port and parallel with CM, much like Oxygen. Advances with CM will result in advances in the other ones. So it's the kind of port it's easier to be maintained by one guy, less confusion and such imho.

miata

Oct 26, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Yes !! Love Miui on my previous phone. Really looking forward towards a fullly working Miui, anyway will try it first to get a feel how well Miui works on x5.

Will report with findings soon.

Thanks again man.

ferahfeza

Jun 14, 2011
Good job, thank you. Do this rom support Turkish Language?
PS: No working swype keyboard.

Last edited:

Barcelona_b

Jul 3, 2011
Tested. At the beginning rom worked well, but when i restored my data, phone crashed all the time so i had to bring back my previous rom.

Sent from my u8800 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Based on the Desire-Z MIUI.us release available here: http://roms.miui.us/1.10.14/MIUI.us_vision_1.10.14_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed.zip

Known Issues
    • Wifi doesn't always work well with networks that use a hidden SSID, and not at all with hidden 802.1x EAP networks
    • Green/purple line on photos taken at 5MP resolution with the Gemini JPEG encoder enabled.
    • Phone will crash when UMS is enabled for internal storage.
    • Need to restart wifi tethering to change SSID and security settings

Thanks to Geokolar, dzo, miuiandroid.com, miui.us, Juwe11, XJ, roenano and of course Xiaomi

Downloads

Changelog:
    • Update to latest MIUI.us release, with framework modified to support additional English locales
    • Include native USB tethering from previous fixpack
    • x5settings: Update donators list (Thankyou Jan!)

Additional Features
    • Ram optimization script by Juwe11 (available here)

Installation
    1. Copy miui zip to your external sdcard
    4. Install zip from sdcard
    5. Important for first install Wipe data/cache.

Notes
    • Firewall is by default set to quite aggressive settings. I would suggest looking over these and turning it off if you don't need any of the features.
    • Don't use the battery usage monitor.

Thanks to those who donated to make this ROM possible:
    Ho Made, P.Santos, haydnlj, khunjj, N. Kesina, R. Rhbäck, Gefjon, bazz07, L. Luc, saran, C.Grama, sergejk, A.Robson, Trevh, Red Krawler, D. Moens, J. Goosen.
    New release up, as well as multilanguage update.

I was hoping to get the ability to customize the vdd for each frequency in x5settings but the implementation isn't totally straightforward and I wasn't happy with what I ended up with.

Anyway, enjoy.
    I'll try and get some time to do the update tonight but no promises.
    New version finally up.

Nothing really huge except for the update to the way the wifi drivers are handled.
    This won't result in faster wifi or anything, but maybe a bit better battery life.

It's significant because I was able to achieve it in a way which could be merged with CM7 source.
    Hi everyone.

I'm really sorry about this, but the time has come for me to stop developing for the U8800.

I'm sorry to any donators who feel cheated by the fact that you gave money towards this and I'm suddenly leaving. It's really beyond my control, and I hope to be back one day but this may not happen.

I have pushed the scripts I use for porting the ROM from the Desire Z to the U8800 on to github. Using that and my CM7 device tree anyone with the time, inclination and of course skill could continue on from my work fairly easily, at least just to update it every week.

If you're interested in taking on the port then please send me a PM. If you can get the script up and running and can show that you're willing to dedicate the time to update it every week then I will give you the details for the hosting.

Cheers,
    Matt.