[SENSE UI][CM7] 99% Complete theme ported from Optimus V

Search This thread

gerbetta33

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville
Hey guys, I made a sense UI theme a while back ago for the optimus v, but it is really a universal theme. All of the elements need for the theme are included in the zip file, but things like the status bar mods and the fonts won't work because there is no cyanogenmod for the triumph yet. Once it becomes available, You can access the full theme. Changelog in second post. LINK TO THE ORIGINAL POST

*Quick Note: I will only continue to update this theme if people respond and offer their criticism, suggestions, and general thoughts. I can't do this alone, I need your help*

Also, the thanks button couldn't hurt at all ;)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is themed:

-Status Bar
-Notification Drawer
-The entire Launcher
-App Drawer
-Menus (including highlighted text)
-Widgets (Only "LP Sense UI widgets" "Toggles" and "Search" are themed)
-Keyboard
-Lockscreen
-Clock
-In-App Titles
-Boot Animation
-HTC app: Claculator
-HTC app: Music
-HTC app: Teeter
-Wallpapers / backgrounds
-Alarms
-Ringtones
-Icons
-Fonts

LINK TO ENTIRE SCREENSHOT ALBUM

Please refer to the readme file located in the .zip for full, detailed instructions.

HOW TO FIX "ERROR INVALID_KEY" WITH FACEBOOK WIDGET
In order to get functionality from the Facebook widget back, as per THIS, you will need to uninstall the facebook app from your phone, then uninstall and reinstall LP sense ui app. From there, when you enter your credentials in the widget settings, it should work. After it is done synching and whatnot, you may reinstall Facebook app. It *should* work.

Step One

Now you will need to install LP Sense UI, provided at the bottom of this thread. THIS IS NOT THE PAID VERSION, IT IS THE REGULAR FREE VERSION, HOWEVER WIDGETS DO WORK.

You will need to set it up properly for it to work. Do the following:

From Homescreen:

Menu>Preferences>Sense Mod Configuration

Set Number of docks to "1"
Dock Background>Standard (be sure to press it, even though it is selected, or else it wont work properly)
Home button on app drawer "on"
Enable auto Rotation "off"

That should be it for the launcher. You can set other things how you like, I usually use "Rotate 2" as my transition, it looks great with the theme

Menu>Preferences>Homescreen Settings>Transition Effect> "Rotate 2"

Step Two

You will need to purchase "WidgetLocker" from the market https://market.android.com/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker
It is $1.99 USD, but it is worth it, it is helpful for many other themes and is great as a lockscreen in general.

be sure to open WidgetLocker from the app drawer to open it in edit or "Tool" mode.
FROM "TOOL MODE:"

Menu>Settings>Enable WidgetLocker

(Skip this if you don't have root) Menu>Settings>Advanced>Root Helper>Check All Boxes, set Autoswipe Pin/Password to "Auto"

Menu>Settings>Advanced>Check "Hide Notification Icon" and "Hide Interaction Warning"

Configure the rest how you prefer.

While you are in tool mode, long press every app, slider and widget and drag it to the trash bin at the bottom of the screen. Then do this:

Menu>Add>Custom Slider

Select "Sense" from the box directly underneath the picture of the slider.

Save.

You will need to long press the slider and drag it all the way to the bottom of the screen, being careful not to put it in the trash bin (or else you'd have to make a new slider :p )

Step Three

Install any of the clocks in from the included "clocks" folder found under "apps"
Should you install the flipclock app, be warned:

NOTE: THIS CLOCK HAS NO FLIPPING ANIMATION. HOPEFULLY, I WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE ONE THAT DOES FLIP IN THE FUTURE, BUT NO GUARANTEES. I WOULD NEED A LOT OF HELP.

Step Six

In order to get the toggle widgets, such as wifi, bluetooth, gps, vibrate, silence, etc. you need to Purchase Beautiful Widgets from the Market https://market.android.com/details?id=com.levelup.beautifulwidgets&feature=search_result

I have included a brightness control and battery indicator themed to look Sense-esque. They are at the bottom of the Post.

FOR THE BATTERY INDICATOR:

1. Apply Widget to Homescreen
2. Tap on it
3. Select the "Preferences" tab in the top right corner.
4. Check every single box, especially Swap Low/High res. You can select the temperature unit of your choice.

Alright Guys, have fun with this, Feel free to thank me if this helped you at all. screen shots will be posted in The Second Post.

DOWNLOAD LINK FROM MY DROPBOX

Sense UI theme hosted by Dropbox.

MIRROR

Sense UI theme hosted by 4shared.com

Last edited:

gerbetta33

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville
Changelog

Changelog:

v1.0 First version
v1.0.1 Added free flipclock, and market links for convenience
v1.0.2 Added bootanimation
v1.0.3 Added HTC app: Calculator (requires ADB push)(Instructions below)
Added HTC app: Music
Added HTC app: Teeter
Added 25 Wallpapers (All included wallpapers are 640 x 480 in resolution)
v1.0.4 Added an icon pack, for those of you who aren't rooted and running CM7 / NTSense (courtesy of wwalczyszyn from DeviantArt)(Link to his page at the bottom)
Added Ringtones
Added Alarms
Added Notification Ringtones
Added general UI sounds (they aren't applied to anything in the theme, but they are there)
Added a bunch of Fonts
Added application: "Type Fresh" for installing fonts (root required)

v1.1.0 Added ~15 Sense Themed Clocks, courtesy of FactoryWidgets and DNSProject

Reactions: JL13

mr2011

Apr 30, 2010
Is it possible to just get the black bar for the Triumph? I've tried multiple methods including using Metamorph, and Gingerbar. All to no avail. I was hoping you might have found another way :)

gerbetta33

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville
Is it possible to just get the black bar for the Triumph? I've tried multiple methods including using Metamorph, and Gingerbar. All to no avail. I was hoping you might have found another way :)

You could get root access by using gingerbreak method, then get a custom recovery, I believe clockworkmod is available for the triumph. If you got ahold of the files you might be able to flash it via recovery, by I'm just taking stabs in the dark. *Not responsible for any damage that happens*
Sent from my LG Optimus V running Sense 3.0

primetechv2

Nov 5, 2010
I'm more than a little nervous to apply the status bar hack, mostly because what I've read makes it sound like an awfully involved process that could include either (de) odexing every file on my phone's system partition, or else crashing my phone. So if this works, I will be amazed.

gerbetta33

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville
I'm more than a little nervous to apply the status bar hack, mostly because what I've read makes it sound like an awfully involved process that could include either (de) odexing every file on my phone's system partition, or else crashing my phone. So if this works, I will be amazed.

Thanks for the reply. There is a deodexed stock rom available, if it helps. I will update the op soon and include a new lockscreen I found. The more replies I get, the more updates I put out.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

primetechv2

Nov 5, 2010
Thanks for the reply. There is a deodexed stock rom available, if it helps. I will update the op soon and include a new lockscreen I found. The more replies I get, the more updates I put out.

My phone has rejected the stock de-odexed ROM. Repeatedly :( Although I also haven't tried any others (so don't lose hope yet?)

Is a de-odexing required to make a theme? (Can an odexed version work instead?) Guess I forgot the stuff I was researching... Otherwise I would probably be clever enough to make the status bar text white.

Last edited:

gerbetta33

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville
My phone has rejected the stock de-odexed ROM. Repeatedly :( Although I also haven't tried any others (so don't lose hope yet?)

Is a de-odexing required to make a theme? (Can an odexed version work instead?) Guess I forgot the stuff I was researching... Otherwise I would probably be clever enough to make the status bar text white.

I don't think it is necessary. I can't recall.

TheCoCo3133

Nov 26, 2011
thanks B) but where is the factorywidgets themes?

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

and wheres the info to push the app through?

gerbetta33

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville
thanks B) but where is the factorywidgets themes?

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

and wheres the info to push the app through?

I haven't worked on this theme in ages. They should be included in the .zip file, if not, just Google "adw sense launcher" and the guy who made that launcher also made the clock themes.

Sent from my Butternut Pecan flavored Inspire 4g.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I made a sense UI theme a while back ago for the optimus v, but it is really a universal theme. All of the elements need for the theme are included in the zip file, but things like the status bar mods and the fonts won't work because there is no cyanogenmod for the triumph yet. Once it becomes available, You can access the full theme. Changelog in second post. LINK TO THE ORIGINAL POST

*Quick Note: I will only continue to update this theme if people respond and offer their criticism, suggestions, and general thoughts. I can't do this alone, I need your help*

Also, the thanks button couldn't hurt at all ;)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is themed:

-Status Bar
    -Notification Drawer
    -The entire Launcher
    -App Drawer
    -Menus (including highlighted text)
    -Widgets (Only "LP Sense UI widgets" "Toggles" and "Search" are themed)
    -Keyboard
    -Lockscreen
    -Clock
    -In-App Titles
    -Boot Animation
    -HTC app: Claculator
    -HTC app: Music
    -HTC app: Teeter
    -Wallpapers / backgrounds
    -Alarms
    -Ringtones
    -Icons
    -Fonts

LINK TO ENTIRE SCREENSHOT ALBUM

Please refer to the readme file located in the .zip for full, detailed instructions.

HOW TO FIX "ERROR INVALID_KEY" WITH FACEBOOK WIDGET
    In order to get functionality from the Facebook widget back, as per THIS, you will need to uninstall the facebook app from your phone, then uninstall and reinstall LP sense ui app. From there, when you enter your credentials in the widget settings, it should work. After it is done synching and whatnot, you may reinstall Facebook app. It *should* work.

Step One

Now you will need to install LP Sense UI, provided at the bottom of this thread. THIS IS NOT THE PAID VERSION, IT IS THE REGULAR FREE VERSION, HOWEVER WIDGETS DO WORK.

You will need to set it up properly for it to work. Do the following:

From Homescreen:

Menu>Preferences>Sense Mod Configuration

Set Number of docks to "1"
    Dock Background>Standard (be sure to press it, even though it is selected, or else it wont work properly)
    Home button on app drawer "on"
    Enable auto Rotation "off"

That should be it for the launcher. You can set other things how you like, I usually use "Rotate 2" as my transition, it looks great with the theme

Menu>Preferences>Homescreen Settings>Transition Effect> "Rotate 2"

Step Two

You will need to purchase "WidgetLocker" from the market https://market.android.com/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker
    It is $1.99 USD, but it is worth it, it is helpful for many other themes and is great as a lockscreen in general.

be sure to open WidgetLocker from the app drawer to open it in edit or "Tool" mode.
    FROM "TOOL MODE:"

Menu>Settings>Enable WidgetLocker

(Skip this if you don't have root) Menu>Settings>Advanced>Root Helper>Check All Boxes, set Autoswipe Pin/Password to "Auto"

Menu>Settings>Advanced>Check "Hide Notification Icon" and "Hide Interaction Warning"

Configure the rest how you prefer.

While you are in tool mode, long press every app, slider and widget and drag it to the trash bin at the bottom of the screen. Then do this:

Menu>Add>Custom Slider

Select "Sense" from the box directly underneath the picture of the slider.

Save.

You will need to long press the slider and drag it all the way to the bottom of the screen, being careful not to put it in the trash bin (or else you'd have to make a new slider :p )

Step Three

Install any of the clocks in from the included "clocks" folder found under "apps"
    Should you install the flipclock app, be warned:

NOTE: THIS CLOCK HAS NO FLIPPING ANIMATION. HOPEFULLY, I WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE ONE THAT DOES FLIP IN THE FUTURE, BUT NO GUARANTEES. I WOULD NEED A LOT OF HELP.

Step Six

In order to get the toggle widgets, such as wifi, bluetooth, gps, vibrate, silence, etc. you need to Purchase Beautiful Widgets from the Market https://market.android.com/details?id=com.levelup.beautifulwidgets&feature=search_result

I have included a brightness control and battery indicator themed to look Sense-esque. They are at the bottom of the Post.

FOR THE BATTERY INDICATOR:

1. Apply Widget to Homescreen
    2. Tap on it
    3. Select the "Preferences" tab in the top right corner.
    4. Check every single box, especially Swap Low/High res. You can select the temperature unit of your choice.

Alright Guys, have fun with this, Feel free to thank me if this helped you at all. screen shots will be posted in The Second Post.

DOWNLOAD LINK FROM MY DROPBOX

Sense UI theme hosted by Dropbox.

MIRROR

Sense UI theme hosted by 4shared.com

Changelog

Changelog:

v1.0 First version
    v1.0.1 Added free flipclock, and market links for convenience
    v1.0.2 Added bootanimation
    v1.0.3 Added HTC app: Calculator (requires ADB push)(Instructions below)
    Added HTC app: Music
    Added HTC app: Teeter
    Added 25 Wallpapers (All included wallpapers are 640 x 480 in resolution)
    v1.0.4 Added an icon pack, for those of you who aren't rooted and running CM7 / NTSense (courtesy of wwalczyszyn from DeviantArt)(Link to his page at the bottom)
    Added Ringtones
    Added Alarms
    Added Notification Ringtones
    Added general UI sounds (they aren't applied to anything in the theme, but they are there)
    Added a bunch of Fonts
    Added application: "Type Fresh" for installing fonts (root required)

v1.1.0 Added ~15 Sense Themed Clocks, courtesy of FactoryWidgets and DNSProject
    screenies would be appreciated :)

Screencaps will be uploaded when I get to a computer. They will be from my optimus, so it will be running cm7 and have complete theme. Getting a triumph soon, once I get enough money.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Sense 3.0