Hopefully dev'ing soon.

Search This thread
Well, I may start joining you guys with the themes and stuch as I may be scoring a legit comp soon. :)

Also, I made a new Twitter geared more towards android dev stuff since I wanna get more involved with that. Follow me here: @tylerlawhon93. Don't feel like I'm asking for follows, but I am however asking for advice anyone can give as far as starting out. I've been around for a while so I know a lot of terminology but haven't been able to put it to use lol.

Sent from my Mikrunny'd Superphone using Magic (TapaTalk)

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Well, I may start joining you guys with the themes and stuch as I may be scoring a legit comp soon. :)

Also, I made a new Twitter geared more towards android dev stuff since I wanna get more involved with that. Follow me here: @tylerlawhon93. Don't feel like I'm asking for follows, but I am however asking for advice anyone can give as far as starting out. I've been around for a while so I know a lot of terminology but haven't been able to put it to use lol.

Best advice I can give you is patience.
As with anything new, it takes time, and practice.
I'm usually around as well, not that I'm a dev. by any means, but am around id needed as u know.
Best of luck, you'll get it.

Reactions: HypostaticOnion

BeardedB

Oct 3, 2011
New York City

Whats funny is that I was also looking into making a ROM today. I went to source. etc and was looking at the requirements and so on. Cheers to our success and determination to help out the Inc2 dev community!

Whats funny is that I was also looking into making a ROM today. I went to source. etc and was looking at the requirements and so on. Cheers to our success and determination to help out the Inc2 dev community!

Haha nice. I'll be starting off small. Like maybe just themes for now, then on to making magic. Maybe see about getting on a team after a while, then on to being everyone's favorite dev. :D that'll be a while though..

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA

im usually around in irc during the week if you have questions....i dont know everything, but i help where i can :)

colossus

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 28, 2009
Nice one Tyler, good luck with it buddy.;)

If you need any help you are welcome to pm me.:)

Nice one Tyler, good luck with it buddy.;)

If you need any help you are welcome to pm me.:)

Thanks bud. Glad to have a fellow mod (I'm a mod on another site) back me up so to speak. I'm glad to see that I'm well accepted when I haven't even started yet ;)

colossus

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 28, 2009
Thanks bud. Glad to have a fellow mod (I'm a mod on another site) back me up so to speak. I'm glad to see that I'm well accepted when I haven't even started yet ;)

You are welcome and nice to know you are a mod.:D

BeardedB

Oct 3, 2011
New York City
Yessir. My post count over there is over 2000 and that was before I became a mod. Haha now its like 2,500 easily. Mainly cuz I try to help with whatever all over. Even on phones I don't have.

Modsanity!!! xD I installed Linux so I can have the ROM environment and Ubuntu is pretty good.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
I love ubuntu too but my wife hates the windows grub loader my comp so I don't keep it installed.

Sent from my Sabotaged Droid Incredible 2.

Reactions: Linch89

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
I love ubuntu too but my wife hates the windows grub loader my comp so I don't keep it installed.

lol yeah my wife learned to deal with it for awhile, but now she just either uses her laptop for windows or is comfortable enough with ubuntu to do basic things that she doesnt feel the need to reboot into windows

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
I don't mind the new UI at all. I think its called unity. The only problem I have with Linux is getting wine to work. I can't figure out how to get any of the windows games I have to work. It took me a while just to figure out how to download and install apps Hehe. Everything I know about Linux I have had to play with for a while to learn but i learned a lot. It would of helped a lot if I knew about xda when i was learning about it.

kevdliu

Apr 4, 2011
i am trying to start deving myself as well. currently im figuring out how to make a dark theme for miui4 since the default is way too bright.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Best advice I can give you is patience.
    As with anything new, it takes time, and practice.
    I'm usually around as well, not that I'm a dev. by any means, but am around id needed as u know.
    Best of luck, you'll get it.

im usually around in irc during the week if you have questions....i dont know everything, but i help where i can :)