[ROM][WWE][2010-NOV-25][SENSE 2.1/2.5/NO-SENSE] The Captain's Special (23149/21914)

Search This thread

DHSoccer4

Dec 31, 2008
New York
Captain:
the last three builds have all given me an issue. My battery wont charge. I can flash ur rom with like 70% battery life and wake up in the morning and it drained completely. it only charges if the phone is turned off and plugged in, but when on (in stand by mode or screen active) it says its charging, but actually not and battery life diminishes

altiuscr

Jan 15, 2010
Hi all...

I have a HTC Fuze, but if install the Captain ROM with "FUZE" name, my phone can not send SMS messages.

I tried with the Captain ROM with "TP" name, and my phone works with SMS perfectly. But with "TP" ROM, the keyboard layout is wrong (obviusly is the TP keyboard layout and not the Fuze keyboard)

How can configure the "TP" ROM but with the Fuze keyboard layout? Is possible?

Thank you and sorry about my English grammar. I live in Costa Rica (native spanish languaje)

DHSoccer4

Dec 31, 2008
New York
Hi all...

I have a HTC Fuze, but if install the Captain ROM with "FUZE" name, my phone can not send SMS messages.

I tried with the Captain ROM with "TP" name, and my phone works with SMS perfectly. But with "TP" ROM, the keyboard layout is wrong (obviusly is the TP keyboard layout and not the Fuze keyboard)

Thank you and sorry about my English grammar. I live in Costa Rica (native spanish languaje)

look for a program called fuzepro kayboard

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Captain:
the last three builds have all given me an issue. My battery wont charge. I can flash ur rom with like 70% battery life and wake up in the morning and it drained completely. it only charges if the phone is turned off and plugged in, but when on (in stand by mode or screen active) it says its charging, but actually not and battery life diminishes
I don't have this issue. You may need a new battery, or may need to flash back to stock to see if that helps.

Hi all...

Do you use a Carrier with no 3G coverage? You may need to change the "SMS Service" option in Advanced Network, as someone recently mentioned. Otherwise, you can search around XDA for a keyboard switching app or CAB - there are plently of them (I use ProFuze). The Fuze ROMs are customized for AT&T's network, so you may need to use the TP ROM.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
ITs only with ur roms for some reason, I have flashed back to stock as well. Wehn I flash NRG's Rom the battery works normal and charges while on and lasts all day. Dunno what to do now, I like ur roms better too lol FML
I don't seem to have this problem. But as someone recently pointed out, it doesn't seem like the battery meter is calibrated right or something, because the phone can last a long time on a little charge sometimes. The only time I've ever had my phone not charge while on is when it overheats (which often happens to me when using GPS & streaming over BT simultaneously). Is anyone else having this issue?

jlopez0978

Aug 17, 2007
San Juan
comments

confirm-> kimi_a_sense2.1 s25_email_tab_addon_v3.cab, work perfect with captain sense 2.1 21892 build:)

anyone have the transparent vga slider?

OK Dog

Jan 1, 2009
Del City
Was wondering am I just not seeing it or is the Marketplace left out of The Captain's Special - Sense 2.5 2012 - Build 23540 - FUZE Edition I went through all the folders and don't see it. I am going to look for a .cab.

brianK2

Feb 1, 2009
Denver
I don't seem to have this problem. But as someone recently pointed out, it doesn't seem like the battery meter is calibrated right or something, because the phone can last a long time on a little charge sometimes. The only time I've ever had my phone not charge while on is when it overheats (which often happens to me when using GPS & streaming over BT simultaneously). Is anyone else having this issue?

Yes. It's very strange. I can have the phone unplugged from the charger (and left on) for hours, and the battery meter still shows 99%. I use it for a few minutes (no heavy use), and it seems to drain extremely fast - 30% in a few minutes. No problem with your 23518 build, but all new builds since then have this issue. TBattery even believes the battery was fully charged. It's like the OS can't read the battery information correctly.

Which OEM package are you using? I wonder if MS changed the OEM interface?

Last edited:

rabinhood

Feb 16, 2009
Katowice
Unfortunately my TP froze up again, no matter I was using the latest 21892 build. So there's a problem somewhere, even though it's much less frequent.

Concerning battery drain, I still opt for bad meter calibration. That's what I accidentaly found today: on the same device on Captain's ROM the meter showed 100%, after reflash to Cracing's it was about 60%, and after flashing back to Captain's it was again 100% full, without charging anytime.

NoteGarner2020

Sep 10, 2007
Nashville
Sense 2012 is really awesome .... Documents tab is working gr8, I am able to use net from my vodaphone live but when I am trying to use twitter / whether tab for updates it says connection error.... can you please tell me what wrong or how I can use the same GPRS connection.

pkley

Dec 16, 2006
To follow up on my own power issues...
I flashed back to stock and then back to the current 23540 Fuze build. Pocket Player continues to stop playing 30 seconds after the screen shuts off, but only when it's not plugged in.

Battery life is still not great, even after changing to the 1.13.25.55.

What I've noticed is that it'll kinda freeze up on me and I'll do a SR only to find that the battery dropped by 10% in the time it took to reboot.

I like your rom's so much though that I just put up with it!

krystek

Feb 10, 2010
This is a really good rom thanks you, but I have a problem, I installed show program tab to enable program tab , I did a soft reset but when I go to home screen tab I can find it in the list .

Ps: I've also checked my registry and it is like on your post

sco0by

May 3, 2006
London
Last night my phone froze up while trying to send an MMS. I tried pressing the reset button but it was hanging at the first boot screen. I took the battery out, turned it back on, and the device had hard reset itself!

This has happened once using this rom, and once before using the previous build.

I have never had the phone hard reset itself using other roms - anyone else had this happen? :eek:

paulyluca

Aug 24, 2008
Alba Iulia
Last night my phone froze up while trying to send an MMS. I tried pressing the reset button but it was hanging at the first boot screen. I took the battery out, turned it back on, and the device had hard reset itself!

This has happened once using this rom, and once before using the previous build.

I have never had the phone hard reset itself using other roms - anyone else had this happen? :eek:

This happened to me a wile ago with a ROM (don't remember what ROM it was), but after i messed around with the registry. but this did not happened lately, with Cap's ROM.

OK Dog

Jan 1, 2009
Del City

I have had it happen many times with several different ROMs. Did you flash to stock ROM before flashing to the custom ROM? That usually clears up any hard reset problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is there any way to disable the caller id slide to unlock? sometimes its a pain to pick up a call and depending if my hands are at all wet i cant slide the slide to pick up a call
    No, not really. You do know you can use the hardware keys to answer the phone, right?

There aren't any non-Slide-to-Answer dialers being made by HTC anymore. The last one I know of was the original Raphael dialer (which doesn't play nice with Sense or WM 6.5).

There is a hack to use the stock Dialer, I think. But it's definitely not as pretty, and I'm not sure how well it works, to be honest :rolleyes:.
    * IMPORTANT *

THIS IS A GSM ROM. Do NOT use this ROM if you have a CDMA (Sprint, Verizon) Touch Pro!!!

To flash a custom ROM, you MUST first flash Hard-SPL by OliNex!!

If you don't know what's involved with flashing a ROM, PLEASE see mskip's guide for n00bs!!

A BIG special thanks to XDA member dschlaefer for donating his Fuze so I can continue cooking for the Raphael!!

I know what you're thinking. Does this forum really need another ROM thread? I agree; I don't think it does either. But, here I am, opening one anyway.

So, here's the skinny:

These ROMs are based on builds 23554, 23541, 21898, and 21893, and are customized for the AT&T HTC Fuze and Touch Pro. One series includes Sense 2.5 VGA, and the other includes Sense 2.1 VGA. For those who want lower CPU usage, go with the Sense 2.1 version.

The 218XX version will generally be the most stable, so if that's what you're looking for, that's the one I'd go with :rolleyes:.

I use the 4-row Start Menu (thanks to showaco), because I like it :p.

What's included in my ROMs (common to both versions):

Cooked in -
    Code:
    Opera_Browser (9.5 for Sense 2.1, 9.7 for Sense 2.5)
    EzInput 2.1 (thanks to [B]rsw686[/B])
    HTC Framework/Shared Resources (thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    HTC LockScreen (thanks to [B]conflipper[/B] & [B]indagroove[/B])
    Menu Enhancement
    HTC Connection Setup
    Album (Sense 2.5 version includes Social Networking Support - VGA version thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    Office Mobile 2010
    Windows Live (10.7) - [I]Messenger NOT Included[/I]
    JETCET Print
    Adobe PDF
    Leo Comm Manager
    YouTube (Rhodium version w/Landscape support)
    AT&T Phone Canvas from Tilt 2 (w/Video Share support - thanks to [B]pyrorob[/B] & [B]amarullz[/B])/Rhodium Phone Canvas w/Video Call support
    Arcsoft MMS
    JBlend Java
    Enhanced Power Off Warning
    Streaming_Media
    Quick GPS
    Notification Enhancement (COM5 builds use 3.5, COM2 builds use 2.0 - thanks to [B]Digicast Solutions[/B] for the snooze options CAB)
    Long Press End Key (accessed through a tab in "Buttons" applet under "Settings")
    G Sensor Calibrator
    HTC Calculator
    Teeter
    HTC CAMERA
    RandomAccess (Letter Picker in Contacts)
    FM Radio
    Installed by CAB (uninstallable via "Remove Programs" applet in "Settings") -
    Code:
    Mortscript - thanks to [B]mort[/B]
    Notepad Mobile (thanks to [B]shamasis[/B])
    psShutXP Power Key (skin thanks to [B]dharvey4651[/B])
    AMeBa 0.8 RC (thanks to [B]xtep[/B])
    AutoA2DP (thanks to [B]xiaojin1985[/B] & [B]supware[/B] for the CAB)
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591248"]DINIK's HD2 Icon Set[/URL]
    6Fg8's Top Bar icons (thanks to bilbobrian)
    Adobe FlashLite Distributable Player
    Flip_IT (Topaz) - thanks to [B]bepe[/B], [B]WildBerry Team[/B], & [B]tom_codon[/B] (COM5 Builds only)
    BsB G-Config (COM2 Builds only)
    Google Maps 4.0
    Microsoft My Phone
    Microsoft Marketplace
    Customization:

This ROM uses RunCC for customization, and supports User Customization (UC).

UPDATE: NEW No-SENSE version available (Fuze & TP Editions)!! See here for details (Fuze Edition): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7989374&postcount=1668; TP Edition: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8079649&postcount=1683

Features:
    • Build updated to 23541 (thanks to Da_G!)
    • Most HTC apps removed (including Album, Comm Manager, EzInput, Menu Enhancement, & Notification Manager)
    • CHome Customizations remain (Titanium Weather, myLocation, ATFavePeople)
    • Opera removed from ROM (IE panel added back to CHome/Titanium)
    • Flip_IT moved under "Utilities"
    • Office Mobile 2010 included
    • JETCET PRINT removed
    • HTC Connection Setup, HTC Calculator, Long Press End Key, HTC Dialer w/Video Call included
    DOWNLOAD LINKS:

The Captain's Special - Build 23541 - "Non-Sense"

Other ROMs/Links:

Post #2: Sense 2.1 VGA - Build 23541/21893 (FUZE - 21898)
    Post #3: Sense 2.5 VGA - Build 23133/21914
    Post #4: Add-On CABs/Fixes/Change Log/To Do/Donation Acknowledgements
    Post #5: FAQ
    Post #6: Tab by Tab Comparison of Sense 2.1 & Sense 2.5
    For the Sense 2.1 lovers . . .

Here's my "refreshed" Sense 2.1 ROM.

Changes since previous version:
    • 6.5.x Build updated to 23149 (COM 3)
    • AMeBa removed from ROM in favor of uTask (smaller memory footprint). NOTE: Long Press Start button now opens Comm Manager, Task Manager icon on Home screen opens Windows Task Manager.
    That's all I can think of for now - it's likely there are other updates (I basically had to rebuild the entire ROM, since my kitchen's been updated).

I must admit, I had forgotten how smooth Sense 2.1 is . . . (I do still prefer all of the other features of Sense 2.5). To each his own, I suppose.

Oh right, almost forgot. Here's the link:

The Captain's Special - Sense 2.1 - Build 23149 - Touch Pro Edition (Mediafire)
    I responded to the 1st two via PM, but I'm not aware of that 3rd item. Is there an additional fix you need for Rogers to fix the timestamp on SMS?

Got the PM ... much appreciated. Some carriers such as Rogers/Fido have an issue with SMS timestamping. Here's a link to a .CAB for those experiencing a time offset issue with SMS:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2252296&postcount=5

The .CAB changes the first registry key below ... but it's possible that the second registry location is required as well.

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting\]
    "TrustTimeZoneField"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\SMS\]
    "RecvTimeStamp"=dword:00000001

Cheers,
    Hi cap :) So i was thinking about new rom :) Are there any new things you could cook in ? You can add hotfixes and so on :)
    I can't think of any reason to cook a new ROM at this point. I'm running a 23151 version of my Sense 2.1 ROM on my Fuze, and it's just about perfect. I almost don't want to cook anything else & ruin it :rolleyes:.