NativeSD Dual Installer v2
Keep in mind that this is a work in progress featuring a possibility to run a full nand rom on a SD-EXT partition..
Please check my current AOKP & PA jellybean ROMS or CM9ight ICS ROM for some 'NativeSD functionality' in action
Pre-Installation Requirements and recommendations:
- Compatible with every bootloader and stock OS
- Recovery package for users without Android on nand
Downloads : (Please do not mirror stuff)
- HTC HD2 Phone
- Sdcard with enough free space (performance may differ based on the quality of your card)
- 4EXT Recovery (Highly recommended)
- Primary Fat32 partition and Primary EXT4 partition
- Download 4EXT Recovery from here.
Pick the SD version if you would like to boot 4EXT Recovery from SD (unpack to your sdcard)
Pick the NAND version if you would like to flash the 4EXT Recovery on your NAND (flashable via recovery)
Users with non-working hardware keys can try the various touch recoveries I've ported , though I highly recommend 4EXT recovery..
- Dual_Installer_v2_example.zip (only for advanced users, unpack the contents to your computer)
4EXTRecoverySD for users with no or a different recovery on nand:
- Contains 4EXT Recovery ported for SD users.
- Unpack to the root of your sdcard
- Set your SD Boot to the Recovery folder or use clcad/haret to boot
4EXTRecoveryNAND for users who would like this recovery on nand:
- Contains 4EXT Recovery for android NAND users
- Flash it using DAF.exe (Magldr) cLK users can flash it using the HD2 toolkit
Dual Installer example Package (advanced users) :
Installation Steps & Instructions:
- Contains an example (not flashable!) of how I use this for my roms.
- You can check all the stuff, folder structure and scripts.
- I've tried to make the updater-script and aroma-config 'easy to read'
- Placeholders with text on what to put where when porting stuff to NativeSD.
Sdcard for NativeSD:
1. First make sure you have at least 1 Fat32 partition and 1 EXT4 partition on your sdcard
2. If you don't have these partitions ?? backup your sdcard , because everything will be wiped from your sdcard when you create partitions and format them !
3a Use the provided 4EXT recovery (NAND or SD version) to create the partitions and format them.
3b If you rather use a computer for creating and formatting partitions keep in mind that both partitions must be primary partitions (not logical)
4. The recommended size of your EXT4 partition is depending on how many roms and apps you are going to install.. 512M is the minimal size..
5. Restore/move the sdcard contents back to the Fat32 partition
6. (WP7 users) make sure the EXT4 partition is located @ /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
To check this mount your sd-ext partition in 4EXT recovery and use adb shell or QtADB shell and type df
7. Your sdcard is now ready for NativeSD usage..
NativeSD Installation for Magldr NAND Android & WP7 users :
1. WP7 and SD users set your SD BOOT directory to the 'Recovery' folder by choosing '10.services' , '1. Bootsettings' , 3. AD SD Dir in the Magldr menu.
2. Boot into (NAND or SD) 4EXT recovery.
3. Flash the ROM.zip package and follow instructions
4. Set your SD BOOT directory to the 'NativeSD' folder after flashing the ROM (see step 1)
5. Boot into the ROM and have fun..
NativeSD Installation for cLK NAND Android users : (thanks clio94)
1. Copy the flash_bootv2.zip to your sdcard.
2. Boot into cLK and make a sboot partition.Be aware that only clk from kokotas allows to make a sboot partition directly from device
3. Boot into recovery (4EXT recovery = recommended) and install rom by choosing sd-ext method
4. After installation finishes,dont reboot, but install flash_sbootv2.zip and then reboot to cLK
5. In cLK choose to boot from sboot and wait for the ROM to boot.
6. If you are stuck on the boot animation,try to wipe your ext partition and install the ROM again.
NativeSD Installation for Windows Mobile and other OS users :
1. Boot into recovery by executing the usual clcad and haret stuff inside the Recovery folder.
2. Flash the ROM.zip package and follow instructions
3. Reboot and boot the ROM by executing the usual clcad and haret stuff inside the NativeSD folder.
RMNET or PPP ??? summary :
- as of dual installer v2 you can choose your data connection during ROM installation
- For Magldr users I recommend using the RMNET connection
- For all other users I recommend using the PPP connection (default)
- PPP connection should work for all users !
Switch between different NativeSD ROMS ?
Previous Roms (Examples) featuring NativeSD and Dual Installer :
- If you want to use a previously installed/other NativeSD ROM ?
- Copy the contents of that roms folder found inside the NativeSD folder to the root of the NativeSD folder (overwriting the kernel+ramdisk)
- Boot to sd and that ROM will boot !
- Repeat the above steps when you want to switch again
- In the future we want to make the above steps easier and possible with either a 'gscript' or an 'android app'
*** all flashing is at your own risk ! Always make backups in recovery and/or titanium backup ! ***
*** This is a NativeSD thread ! Please, Keep this thread NativeSD related and report issues with roms in the rom thread !!! ***
Thanks & Credits to : securecrt, Phoenix, clio94, LNE team and everybody I forgot !