[Discontinued][SD/MAG]HD2 MIUI4 ICS 2.1.13[ICS4]K=3dak_r4.0-ICS

209 posts
Thanks Meter: 344

By 3dak, Senior Member on 25th February 2011, 08:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th February 2011, 05:07 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
testing it, so far so good. hopefully this built will have a good battery life. Market download doesn't work on first boot, but it works on second boot.

27th February 2011, 04:34 PM |#12  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 0

More
everythibg works market included BUT I LOSE SOUND AFTER TRYING TO change notification sounds.. any ideas?
27th February 2011, 05:55 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ang Mo Kio

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Faces

Hi there,

Is it possible to implement other languages then chinese and english? I'm interessted in this rom, but I want to use my HD2 with a german interface.

Greets.

Sure. I suggest to use the latest camera stuff and translate the latest one. don't use an old one to replace, otherwise you maybe encounter FC issue on camera apps. actually official original MIUI ROM's english language is not good enough and many UI items still are in Chinese even if you set the language to English.
The Following User Says Thank You to 3dak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3dak Ad-Free
27th February 2011, 05:58 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ang Mo Kio

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuliano.rigon

everythibg works market included BUT I LOSE SOUND AFTER TRYING TO change notification sounds.. any ideas?

You may use RootExplorer application to edit /system/build.prop file to change the default ringtone settings:

find follwoing lines and modify them then save and reboot. the default ringtones will be changed:

#
# Ringtones Setting
#

ro.config.ringtone=Safari.ogg
ro.config.notification_sound=OnTheHunt.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
ro.config.cal_notification=Safari.ogg
ro.config.msg_notification=Heaven.ogg
The Following User Says Thank You to 3dak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3dak Ad-Free
27th February 2011, 06:46 PM |#15  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 0

More
the problem is.. after a while (short while, minutes) all sound disappears. no ringtones, no loudspeaker, nothing.. All had been working fine. a mystery to me. can anybody help
27th February 2011, 07:29 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
this built run very stable and smooth, but it has data connection problem. Sometimes it won't connect back after data connection lost . what data connection type this built has? PPP or RMNET? Is there something that i can try to make data connection more stable? I really want to keep running this built.

Edit: Iam using the built in post#3, not post#1 since iam not able to download from link.
28th February 2011, 11:15 AM |#17  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 8

More
So far this build is almost the best I've ever had - thanks!

One thing that I love is the ability to use google maps & google earth with dual-touch as it's supposed to work (able to spin the view with 2 fingers), which until now I've only had working on sense builds.

Wifi, Data, everything else I've tried so far works great.

The only issue I'm having is excessive battery drain, e.g. 77% charge before going to bed, almost empty in the morning.

Also, I had to download from the mirror in post 3, as the web site (115.com) is rubbish - I signed up, but when clicking on the download link it just puts up adverts and doesn't download the file. Probably best to use a different web site, or perhaps I just missed something obvious?

Thanks for the great work - really enjoying the ROM & looking forward to future updates.
28th February 2011, 11:32 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Can anyone give me a hint as to how to download from the first link in the textfile. I've tried translating it, signing up for an account but I just cannot figure out how to download the file!!!!

arrrgh.
28th February 2011, 03:25 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ang Mo Kio

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by otaku888

Can anyone give me a hint as to how to download from the first link in the textfile. I've tried translating it, signing up for an account but I just cannot figure out how to download the file!!!!

arrrgh.

115 download link is the most popular free share space (up to 8GB) provider in China. and usually need a software named UDown http://u.115.com/download.html once you install this software, when you key in a 115 download link or click a 115 download link, the UDown will automatically download 115 download link.

I'll provide a Mediafire download link
28th February 2011, 03:34 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ang Mo Kio

Donate to Me
More
for the excessive battery drain issue, it only happens on recent MIUI versions since MIUI1.2.18, if you wanna a low battery consumption verison, I suggest you use MIUI1.1.7, hope MIUI team will fix this issue asap
28th February 2011, 03:57 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dak

115 download link is the most popular free share space (up to 8GB) provider in China. and usually need a software named UDown http://u.115.com/download.html once you install this software, when you key in a 115 download link or click a 115 download link, the UDown will automatically download 115 download link.

I'll provide a Mediafire download link

Thank you that would be most appreciated.

Megaupload is also good.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)