overclocking xperia with msm7kcpuspeed

Search This thread

akhu93

May 31, 2010
overclocked x1i

I've done overclocking my device
The result was impressive :rolleyes:. Now my device can run stable in used up to 752mhz and run in normal up to 1374mhz :D. its run in battery power.

look at my pic in attachment

acdata

Mar 31, 2009
shiraz
The result was impressive :rolleyes:. Now my device can run stable in used up to 752mhz and run in normal up to 1374mhz :D. its run in battery power.

my i tell us how you did it which software and what version of it install to over-clock x1 pleas

fil--21

Jul 19, 2009

are u sure , did you perform some benchmark ...becouse i don't think that is a real value , the best way to confirm this is that you compare results ...try some fpsece (psx emulator ) and tell us your findings ...

o i almost forgot " yes it is really a nice picture " ;)

akhu93

May 31, 2010
@acdata : i'm using energy rom 4 september 2010, overclocking with setcpuspeed installed in micro sd.

@fil--21 : hahaha... you don't believe it. i know it's unbelievable but that's true. no photoshop or every photo editing program. i just got that photo with my mom's n78 and resize it. please look at hair in the middle phone, that's my mom's hair.

ok, i'll try your suggestion and report tomorrow

Last edited:

fil--21

Jul 19, 2009
@acdata : i'm using energy rom 4 september 2010, overclocking with setcpuspeed installed in micro sd.

@fil--21 : hahaha... you don't believe it. i know it's unbelievable but that's true. no photoshop or every photo editing program. i just got that photo with my mom's n78 and resize it. please look at hair in the middle phone, that's my mom's hair.

ok, i'll try your suggestion and report tomorrow

thats unbelievable :D .... please don't forget to report tomorow i just can't wait ....

so you are using msm7kcpuspeed which version ....and set cpuspeed which is installed on storage card ...and thats all ? i didn't get nothing above 768 mhz it's allways freeze ....so what's your secret ? ;)

p.s. a have read that tcmp isn't reliable source ....i hope i'm wrong
what is your performance level in registry ?

Last edited:

akhu93

May 31, 2010
thats unbelievable :D .... please don't forget to report tomorow i just can't wait ....

so you are using msm7kcpuspeed which version ....and set cpuspeed which is installed on storage card ...and thats all ? i didn't get nothing above 768 mhz it's allways freeze ....so what's your secret ? ;)

p.s. a have read that tcmp isn't reliable source ....i hope i'm wrong
what is your performance level in registry ?

ohh, sure
right now I'm testing the psx emulator in my device

i'm using energy rom 4 september with SetCpuSpeed-1.0d in micro sd
here's the setting
boottime:90000
checktime:17
command:0
performance level:39
Screen off level:31
settlingtime:10

I'm not expert but this's my trick
trick: after you've done set cpu speed, restart your device, wait until it full boot. try open tcmp and look at the clock speed if it show 530mhz/605mhz/..., close the program and make the device sleep (it will cooling down the cpu and make the max performance). wait a minutes. make the device wake up and run tcmp, see the clock speed if it show highest number than before you have done.

sorry my bad english T_T

akhu93

May 31, 2010
@fil--21 : the result is 60fps when i'm playing digimon ruble arena in my device. i dunno it's good result or not but I feel the game run smoothly :)

fil--21

Jul 19, 2009
@fil--21 : the result is 60fps when i'm playing digimon ruble arena in my device. i dunno it's good result or not but I feel the game run smoothly :)

can you try resident evil or dino crisis or gran turismo in thoose games i get around 20 fps ... when you have above 50 fps it's great result

akhu93

May 31, 2010
can you try resident evil or dino crisis or gran turismo in thoose games i get around 20 fps ... when you have above 50 fps it's great result

ok i'll try it later, because i dont have those games.

one question for you,
why i cant install psx emulator in micro sd?
when i install psx emulator in phone, it make htc sense cant operate-well and it reduce the cpu speed

fil--21

Jul 19, 2009
ok i'll try it later, because i dont have those games.

one question for you,
why i cant install psx emulator in micro sd?
when i install psx emulator in phone, it make htc sense cant operate-well and it reduce the cpu speed

i allways install fpsece on my storage card ....so there must be something else ..

jkoljo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 18, 2009
Tampere
Succesful OC!

This is nice!

I managed to overclock to 710.4 MHz, and my phone is working faster than ever! (surprise, surprise..) It is rock solid. I am using Valkyrie 7.3 ROM.

I did SKTools benchmark, and got:
Integer 435.9444 Moves/25 usec
Floating point 10.146 MWIPS

I will try to push it further some day when it gets colder here in Finland, and see if the CPU can go faster when frozen :D

Last edited:

fil--21

Jul 19, 2009
i've test resident evil 3 nemesis, it's around 30 fps to 35 fps and sometimes 40 fps

i've got 25 to 30 ...but acording to your settings are just like mine performancelevel 39 that means that you have overclocked to 744 mhz ...

in that case tcmp player benchmark is wrong ....check in the msmkcpuspeed program and you will see that the speed is 744 mhz . or i'm just wrong :)

akhu93

May 31, 2010
i've got 25 to 30 ...but acording to your settings are just like mine performancelevel 39 that means that you have overclocked to 744 mhz ...

in that case tcmp player benchmark is wrong ....check in the msmkcpuspeed program and you will see that the speed is 744 mhz . or i'm just wrong :)

yeah I think so
because when in tcpmp show 733mhz, in msmkcpuspeed show 748mhz
but when in tcpmp show 1374mhz, in msmkcpuspeed show error :( msmkcpuspeed wont open

mymailx

Sep 10, 2008
Copenhagen
Can't get this app to work on my x1 even on ac adapter.

Each time I try to adjust the speed my x1 will freeze immediately and I had to hard reset it. It's even freeze when I underclock it.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it? By the way I'm using WM6.5.3 ROM. Could this be the reason?

Thanks.

i'm using energy 17th rom standard...do you have any other software for overclocking , try only conected to your computer ...

I am using the second version with Xpure II ROM but I have the same problem like Noxster. I tried to hardreset but no luck. It freeze even X1's charging. Anybody notice the problem?

fil--21

Jul 19, 2009
I am using the second version with Xpure II ROM but I have the same problem like Noxster. I tried to hardreset but no luck. It freeze even X1's charging. Anybody notice the problem?

did you follow this post
http://xdaforums.com/show...25290&page=120

install msm7kcpuspeed v1 on device then install set cpu speed on storage card , then take out your storage card ,go to registry HKLM/software/msmskcpuspped

change boot time to 60000
chechk time 20
command 0
performance level 39
screen of performance 31
settling time 10

ok then close registry and softreset device , now this is important you must wait the phone to fully boot ,if you won't wait the phone will freeze , if you will wait you will have xperia running at 744 mhz

when you will soft reset phone dont you use any adapter until phone will fully boot ...this is working on battery

Last edited:

mymailx

Sep 10, 2008
Copenhagen
did you follow this post
http://xdaforums.com/show...25290&page=120

install msm7kcpuspeed v1 on device then install set cpu speed on storage card , then take out your storage card ,go to registry HKLM/software/msmskcpuspped

change boot time to 60000
chechk time 20
command 0
performance level 39
screen of performance 31
settling time 10

ok then close registry and softreset device , now this is important you must wait the phone to fully boot ,if you won't wait the phone will freeze , if you will wait you will have xperia running at 744 mhz

when you will soft reset phone dont you use any adapter until phone will fully boot ...this is working on battery

thank you 4 response,
This is what I did,
install msm7kcpuspeed --> on device
Copy Msm7kClockLib.dll (\Windows) --> Storage card
install set cpu speed --> storage card
Run it... if working (see from TaskMgr), copy shortcut to startup
Execute the Msm7kCpuSpeed.reg
take out the micro sd
softreset
But doesn't work just freeze...

Last edited:

fil--21

Jul 19, 2009
thank you 4 response,
This is what I did,
install msm7kcpuspeed --> on device
Copy Msm7kClockLib.dll (\Windows) --> Storage card
install set cpu speed --> storage card
Run it... if working (see from TaskMgr), copy shortcut to startup
Execute the Msm7kCpuSpeed.reg
take out the micro sd
softreset
But doesn't work just freeze...

Copy Msm7kClockLib.dll (\Windows) --> Storage card ??? why this , inever used this , did you wait until phone fully boot , when the phones start booting if you pres something , phone will freeze ... don't connect your phone to pc or any adapter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok here .... please post your findings here

Doesnt works for me,they always returns the PerfomanceLevel to 30.

Tell me, any difference running at 692? May i see youtube videos on Skyfire? And the battery drain?
    ok this is the guide from Qzytor
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=725290&page=120

Install NetRippers Msm7kCpuSpeed V.2 App. in your Device -- (I'm using v.1 becouse with v.2 i didn't get above 700mhz)

Install oruam57s SetCpuSpeed v1.0d on SD card.
    Take SD card out and soft reset the phone.
    Open registry.
    Go to HKLM\Software\Msm7kCpuSpeed.
    Edit the values as below:

BootTime = 90000 (This is important. This value gives enough time for the
    phone to fully boot up. The phone has to fully boot up
    before the OC kicks in)
    CheckTime = 20 (Stable at 20, otherwise yoyos between base and OCed
    cpu speed)
    Command = 0
    PerfomanceLevel = 35 (This speed is stable for me without SOD)
    ScreenOffPerfomanceLevel = 27
    SettlingTime = 10

Close Registry editor, insert SD card in the phone and soft reset the phone.
    Once the phone has fully boot up, give it a minute before opening NetRippers Msm7kCpuSpeed and you should see your OCed cpu speed.
    If your OC cpu speed isnt stable then take your SD card out,soft reset the phone and registry edit PerfomanceLevel to a lower value.

To restore back to phone default speed:

Open File Explorer.
    Go to Windows\Startup folder and delete SetCpuSpeed.
    Soft reset the phone and phone default speed will be restored.
    Before deleting SetCpuSpeed from Windows\Startup folder , save it in Documents folder so if you want to overclock again, copy and paste it from Documents folder to Windows\Startup folder.

SKTools Benchmark at 672 MHz:
    Intiger = 416.5933 Moves/25 usec.(At stock speed Intiger = 332.6351)
    Floating point = 9.56 MWIPS. (At stock speed Floating point = 7.47 MWIPS)

I haven't tested it but this should also work on SEX1 and Touch Diamond.

OVERCLOCK AT YOUR OWN RISK.

ok thats Qzytor post which is really great and i'm very thankfull for this

this is my setting and i try this on energy and valkyrie rom working on xperia

BootTime = 90000
    CheckTime = 20
    Command = 0
    PerfomanceLevel = 39 (thats 744mhz and it's stabel for me )
    ScreenOffPerfomanceLevel = 27
    SettlingTime = 10

but i'm using msm7kcpuspped v1 not v2 .....

you don't need to plug in the phone especially when the phone boots up (thats was may first mistake i never wait the phone to fully boot up , and i was allways presing some buttons and that's way my phone was freezing so just wait and you will see for yourself