Cyanogenmod 7 - Hanging at splash screen

Search This thread

silverback88

Dec 29, 2010
I had an earlier version of cyanogenmod installed, I went into rom manager and pressed update (or something like that). It did the whole installation thing but now it's just hanging at the cyanogenmod splash screen.

What do?

iSkull

Dec 6, 2010
I had an earlier version of cyanogenmod installed, I went into rom manager and pressed update (or something like that). It did the whole installation thing but now it's just hanging at the cyanogenmod splash screen.

What do?

Have you tried to boot into recovery ? (turning it on by pressing the power button and the - volume button)

Andy

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 21, 2008
UK
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Did you backup? Always, always backup.

If not try downloading the ROM and flashing that, don't wipe just yet, if that fails you will probably need to wipe and flash again.

silverback88

Dec 29, 2010
ok so i did a recovery of the backup i did just before trying to install cyanogen 7

FFUUUUU.... now everything is pretty much lost! even the old cyanogen is gone. What can I do?!

Andy

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 21, 2008
UK
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Ok, your problem now is that the file system changed from 2.2 (Froyo) to 2.3 (Gingerbread) and you will need to flash a new version of ClockworkMod Recovery to restore that backup.

Do you have ENG S-OFF? You will be able to flash it via fastboot, if not you will have to start again from CM7 and downgrade ClockworkMod Recovery from there, then restore your backup.

silverback88

Dec 29, 2010
I flashed the latest ClockworkMod Recovery (3.0.0.6) - I think before I tried to install CM7.

Restoring the backup means almost everything is gone, apps, settings, etc (but not everything). Did I **** it up? Will I have to redo everything?

If I have to do that anyway I might as well use CM7, but installing that means the splash screen hangs :( (I had the same problem with CM6, I dont remember how I fixed it)

Andy

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 21, 2008
UK
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Your right, to flash CM7 you needed CWM 3.x.x.x

Restoring that backup 6.1.3 will take you back to pre-CM7 so yes everything will be gone.

Have you tried just flashing CM7 again?

silverback88

Dec 29, 2010
I did that (through the recovery or w/e) and then it was hanging at the HTC logo....

I had to restore the backup once again and am back where I was before :(

What can I do?

btw it's CM 7.0.0-RC2

Andy

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 21, 2008
UK
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Ok sounds like a full wipe is needed.

Again in CWM "mounts and storage" format everything except scdard, then back out and go into "advanced" and wipe dalvik cache.

Flash CM7 again, it should work now.

silverback88

Dec 29, 2010
can i flash CM7 through the recovery console? because if i wipe everything then obviously i cant boot back into it?

silverback88

Dec 29, 2010
before I do that, how exactly do i install CM 7 from recovery console? I think it was downloaded to my SD card but I dont see a straight forward option in the recovery console

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, you will need to perform a wipe.

In CWM you have "mounts & storage"

Format boot & system, then flash CM7 again, (btw which CM7 ROM are you flashing?)