hard reset

Search This thread

adamo86

Mar 5, 2009
does any one know how i could hard reset my x7510 via pc.because i cant access the phone

You can't do a hard reset via the PC- it has to come from the device itself. As long as the battery has some charge it ought to be OK.

Look for the volume control on the Left side, and hold this DOWNWARDS then at the same time, press the stylus into the Reset hole.

This will start the Hard Reset process.

a.kettler

Apr 1, 2009
Hi there,

I've the same problem on my Advantage.
I made it to the 'hard-reset-screen', but in here it tells me: 'Press ACTION to restore factory default'.
Now, I assume that 'ACTION' means, press down joystick.
However, my device doesn't have an joystick.
I'm not even sure, that it's really an advantage, as I got it handed over as an Athena anyways.
I'd highly appreciate it, if somebody could tell me, which device this is from the photo I attached and maybe also give me 'hard-reset-instructions' for whichever device this is.

Kind Regards

Andreas

Attachments

• athena-adventage.jpg
    athena-adventage.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 60
Hi there,

I've the same problem on my Advantage.
I made it to the 'hard-reset-screen', but in here it tells me: 'Press ACTION to restore factory default'.
Now, I assume that 'ACTION' means, press down joystick.
However, my device doesn't have an joystick.
I'm not even sure, that it's really an advantage, as I got it handed over as an Athena anyways.
I'd highly appreciate it, if somebody could tell me, which device this is from the photo I attached and maybe also give me 'hard-reset-instructions' for whichever device this is.

Kind Regards

Andreas

I think you have a problem :)

Your keyboard is from an Advantage1 (X7500) but the main device is an X7510 though I don't recognise the small feature above the Home button. The 2 keyboards are not fully compatible with each other as the genuine X7510 keyboard has an extra row of characters and haptic feedback.

The instruction you are getting for the hard reset is for the older model, so it is possible that someone has installed a modified X7500 ROM?

Anyway, as the previous poster said, follow the Voliume Down/Reset process then when the instruction comes up, press Power to reset or Camera to abort.

Once it resets,I'd try looking at which ROM versions you have.

Last edited: