Remove Store Display version

Search This thread

jlouang

Jun 8, 2010
I bought the S5 on Craiglist and feel like I got rip off. The phone is the store display version. I can't do anything on it. I try Odin and nothing happens. Is there any other solution to remove store display version?

bryanu

Dec 1, 2010
I bought the S5 on Craiglist and feel like I got rip off. The phone is the store display version. I can't do anything on it. I try Odin and nothing happens. Is there any other solution to remove store display version?

Generally they are either missing HW or have different HW and thus use different FW or simply are not full functional devices.

If you paid via PayPal or any method except cash I would dispute the charge.

If you paid by cash contact the seller back and hopefully they didn't use a temp number/email and you can still get a hold of them but otherwise you might be screwed sadly.

Craigslist is know for A LOT of scamming. People get the phones and see they turn on and assume all is well and pay cash, get home to activate and find out either it's stolen or fake and the seller is gone and used fake names etc.

mike5026

Dec 13, 2010
Looks like you got screwed. Try buying it from a reliable source next time. You get what you pay for.