[Q] How to remove AT&T Address Book Pop-up

Search This thread

RampageRR

Mar 24, 2011
DC/MD/VA
I swear I saw a post about this somewhere before I got my phone, but now I can't find it... How the hell do you get the "AT&T Address Book - Checking Subscriber Information" pop-up to stop coming up every time you open up the Contacts app?

I tried clearing cache in Contacts, didn't work. I have frozen ALL AT&T bloatware, still coming up. I'm not sure which app is causing this stupid pop-up. Help would be appreciated.

Reactions: Jbluna

RampageRR

Mar 24, 2011
DC/MD/VA
Settings -> Application Manager -> "All" tab -> "AT&T Messages"
Click Stop if its running then Disable.

See if that works.

Thanks, already tried that, for some reason it kept popping up. I ended up rooting, and renaming the app with a .bak extension, and rebooting. Seems to have gone away now. Thanks for pointing me to the right app though.

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
What worked for me is just let it do it's thing, don't hit cancel. A pop up will come up asking you if you want it to check or sync with AT&T address book next time, paraphrasing here, click no. Done. Now when I got into my contacts it doesn't come up anymore.

Reactions: mk_ln

EskimoRuler

Jun 25, 2012
What worked for me is just let it do it's thing, don't hit cancel. A pop up will come up asking you if you want it to check or sync with AT&T address book next time, paraphrasing here, click no. Done. Now when I got into my contacts it doesn't come up anymore.

I did the same thing and it never came back up for me. This was before I was rooted. Even after I don't get it anymore

RampageRR

Mar 24, 2011
DC/MD/VA
No clue. I let it do its thing probably 10 times and it never went away. Now that I rooted and removed anything related to AT&T, it doesn't come up anymore. I have no idea why my phone was being so stubborn with it.

xoltrix2000

Jul 19, 2008
Recently install SKY ICS, and there are no apps with AT&T or YP, but the checking still comes up... any clues?

waiters

Nov 9, 2011
I froze everything att with titanium and hasn't happened to me..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

zahid78

Dec 26, 2014
Disable AT&T address book

Saw this some where.. got the issue resolved on my LG V10 AT&t model. All credits to the original uploader

"Go to dialer than dial *#*#2666#*#* and setting "registration" to "completed". Exit out than you are done."

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I swear I saw a post about this somewhere before I got my phone, but now I can't find it... How the hell do you get the "AT&T Address Book - Checking Subscriber Information" pop-up to stop coming up every time you open up the Contacts app?

I tried clearing cache in Contacts, didn't work. I have frozen ALL AT&T bloatware, still coming up. I'm not sure which app is causing this stupid pop-up. Help would be appreciated.
    Settings -> Application Manager -> "All" tab -> "AT&T Messages"
    Click Stop if its running then Disable.

See if that works.
    here's the old thread (it was mine)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1724071

It ended up stopping popping up for me without really needing to do anything. Not sure what if anything changed but I never rooted or did any of the steps mentioned in the thread.