[Q] Loggin in to youtube

Search This thread
G

GuestD0158

Hi,

New to the forum! I got a question.

How do you guys log in to the youtube app? I´ve got it running fine but cant loggin. Am i stupid or am i missing something? :cowboy:

JLCollier2005

Mar 9, 2011
you can't log in on the official app, but there is other ways, such as using the YouTube channel on Plex. This is because YouTube uses the google framework, and the OUYA doesn't have it.

G

GuestD0158

aaa ok, unless rooting and a little bit of work it wont work, but this does not stop ouya or someone else to build a youtube app?
Or does youtube demand this framework or is it just needed for the android youtube-apps that are currently out there?

JLCollier2005

Mar 9, 2011
I bet we'll see something official, but who knows. YouTube is owned by Google after all, so if they have any ill feelings towards the OUYA (which I do not believe they do, but others aren't so sure) it won't happen.

Oscar_david

Apr 12, 2012
you can't log in on the official app, but there is other ways, such as using the YouTube channel on Plex. This is because YouTube uses the google framework, and the OUYA doesn't have it.

hadn't thought of that... i wonder.... can you sign in in xbmc? i guesll i'll go check... :)

Sent from my OUYA Console using xda app-developers app

JLCollier2005

Mar 9, 2011
hadn't thought of that... i wonder.... can you sign in in xbmc? i guesll i'll go check... :)

I was able to sign in using plex, but it doesn't really give you access to your account (or maybe that part is broke). You should also be able to login using a browser, but that might be more work than it's worth

Oscar_david

Apr 12, 2012
I was able to sign in using plex, but it doesn't really give you access to your account (or maybe that part is broke). You should also be able to login using a browser, but that might be more work than it's worth

Xbmc login works OK. Just not as flashy as the YouTube app.

Sent from my M470BSA using xda app-developers app

Butjer

Jul 4, 2013
kai litelita

Wich Version of XBMC are you using and wich Youtube Plugin?
The XBMC YouTube Plugin just won't work on my Ouya. I always get an error message.

Oscar_david

Apr 12, 2012
Wich Version of XBMC are you using and wich Youtube Plugin?
The XBMC YouTube Plugin just won't work on my Ouya. I always get an error message.

XBMC Frodo, straight from xbmc.org/download.

The Youtube Plugin... well, not really sure on the details on that... I'll check the info on it. But it was actually automatically installed when I installed the 1Channel plugin. So whatever that is.

here's what it says in the info for it:
type: Media Source
author: TheCollective
Version: 4.4.4

cheers.

JLCollier2005

Mar 9, 2011
I think the youtube I plugged in was just the regular one that is there to choose from once it's installed, but I could be wrong. It was really late the night I setup my XBMC

bunghole

Jan 9, 2011
Does anybody know what additional packages (besides the one needed for Google Play Store) the Youtube app depends on?

bunghole

Jan 9, 2011
As far as I know, that's it, just the google architecture.

Also, the XBMC youtube is working pretty well, just use XBMCHUB Wizard and it'll be preinstalled.

The XBMC Youtube Add-On works just fine, but I don't want to start XBMC each time I want to watch a Youtube video. I am able to start the Youtube app though, but then an error message occures (forgot what it was about, something about not being able to log in, if I'm not mistaken)...