install bootloader and rum in g-tablet EXTERNAL MICRO SD

Search This thread

wanderpaula

Aug 12, 2013
I have a G-tablet and it does not work usb storage.
I try to install the bootloader external micro sd card, and now he does not enter the boot screen.

will be to have some output? remembering that I can only use the external micro sd.

awaiting.

rajeevvp

Aug 20, 2010
Bangalore
Your problem description is not very clear.

Are you saying that your USB port (which one: micro USB for adb, or the standard slot for USB peripherals?) isn't working, and that you want to install something using your external SDcard?

Reactions: wanderpaula

wanderpaula

Aug 12, 2013
micro sd externo

Are you saying that your USB port (which one: micro USB for adb, or the standard slot for USB peripherals?) isn't working, and that you want to install something using your external SDcard?

Yes, I want to install a rom and bootload using external micro sd.
is possible?

rajeevvp

Aug 20, 2010
Bangalore
Yes, I want to install a rom and bootload using external micro sd.
is possible?
1. Do you want to install the ROM from the external SD card to the standard partitions on the NAND flash and internal SD card?
OR
2. Do you want to install your ROM from the external SD card to non-standard partitions--like on the external SD card itself?

The first is very easy. Most ClockworkMod versions will let you choose a zip file from the external SD card.
The second option is will need modifications to the ROM package itself.

wanderpaula

Aug 12, 2013
option 2

1. Do you want to install the ROM from the external SD card to the standard partitions on the NAND flash and internal SD card?
OR
2. Do you want to install your ROM from the external SD card to non-standard partitions--like on the external SD card itself?

The first is very easy. Most ClockworkMod versions will let you choose a zip file from the external SD card.
The second option is will need modifications to the ROM package itself.

Option 2 because I can not access the bootload.

will be possible?

rajeevvp

Aug 20, 2010
Bangalore
Option 2 because I can not access the bootload.

will be possible?
1. As far as I know, on the gTablet, the bootloader will only work if it is on a standard NAND flash partition. It cannot run off the SD cards.
Simiarly, both the recovery image and the ROM kernel has to live on the NAND flash. The ROM itself (apps and data), however, can exist on either SD card.

2. You can install a ROM if your gTablet can boot into recovery mode (either CWM recovery or the standard recovery).
A new bootloader can be installed (without using the USB cable and the APX mode) only by the standard ViewSonic recovery. CWM recovery won't do it.

3. You can install either of the recovery images (CWM or std) using either recovery mode, or by using any of the custom ROMs.
Ie. If your mini-USB port can't be used for APX mode, the tablet must boot either into the ROM or into recovery mode.

4. A bootloader and a ROM can also be installed in APX mode, but, for that a working USB port is needed. If your mini-USB port is not working, open the tablet up and inspect the mini-USB port carefully. Also try using a different computer and USB cable.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.