[TUTORIAL] CM's Guide for LOW-SOUND VOLUME FIX for MT6589x Phones [Useful for Porter]

Search This thread

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
CMahendra's Guide for LOW-SOUND VOLUME FIX for MT6589x Phones
[Useful for Porters]

This guide is for MT65XX rom porters, who want to increase volume of their ported custom roms.
Newbies with little RootExplorer experience can also read carefully all the steps and can increase volume of phone.

WARNING:

1. This Information is Only for Rooted Phones and people with RootExplorer and flashing experience.
  2. Whoever it is porter or newbie, first take Nandroid Backup before proceeding. If fix does not work you can Restore back your Nandroid Backup.
  3. This is just one of the many methods. If the problem is in more than one places then this fix may not work for you.
  4. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. I am not responsible for any brick or problems.

STEPS OF TUTORIAL FOR ROM PORTERS/DEVS

Step 1)
Download this Flashable zip file "Sound_Permission_Setup_CMahendra.zip" (attached below) and copy on your SDCARD. Also install RootExplorer.

Step 2)
TAKE BACKUP: Take full nandroid backup of your low-volume custom rom in recovery mode, in case of any problem happens in the process, it will be useful.

Step 3)
Now you have to find and BACKUP copy of STRONG SOUND files from Working Stock Rom. So, Flash stock rom with full wipe and start phone and test sound volume, if ok or not.

Step 4)
With any Root Explorer on phone, copy this folder from root of yours phone to your SDCARD.

/data/nvram/APCFG/APRDCL

Copy paste this "APRDCL" folder on your SDCARD. There will be around 15 to 16 or more files inside. Now stock Sound file Backup is done.

Step 5)
Now flash/Restore your custom rom which have low volume problem.

Step 6)
Open RootExplorer and open "APRDCL" folder on your SDCARD and select and copy all following files mentioned below.
================================
Audio_AudEnh_Control_Opt
Audio_CompFlt
Audio_Effect
Audio_Hd_Record_Param
Audio_Hd_Record_Scene_Table
Audio_Sph
Audio_Wb_Sph
Audio_ver1_Vol_custom
Audio_Vol_custom
Audio_Wb_Sph
AUXADC
Headphone_CompFlt
HWMON_ACC
Sph_Dual_Mic
You can also include any file with words "speaker" or "sound" or "volume" or "Mic".

Do not worry if any file is missing.

***IMPORTANT: Do not copy or replace files starting with "Camera" and "File_Ver". Leave them as it is.

attachment.php

Step 7)
Now paste these files in following folder location of your phone.

/data/nvram/APCFG/APRDCL

The same folder location from where the files were copied from stock rom.

Step 8)
Now reboot the phone into recovery and flash this Sound_Permission_Setup_CMahendra.zip (attached below)

Restart and you are done. Now you may check the volume.
This worked perfect for many of my A116 MT6589 roms. The Volume in RingTone, Alarm, Music, etc, increased like hell. But if volume does not increased you still can Restore back your Nandroid Backup from Recovery. :DTHIS IS MOST SAFEST WORKAROUND BECAUSE FILES ARE FROM YOUR OWN STOCK ROM. SO PALS, NOT TO WORRY!
EXPERIENCED PORTERS CAN MAKE THEIR OWN FLASHABLE ZIPS EASILY.

Hope this helps.

CREDITS:
Thanks to Internet. This is not my own work, I have collected this information some time back which was found on internet. So thought to keep it properly organized in one place. I don't remember the exact page but I saved the information in text file and now sharing all.

Attachments

• Sound_Permission_Setup_CMahendra.zip
    245.8 KB · Views: 2,027
Last edited:

ian_eo

Jan 3, 2013
sir, great tutorial.. had my problem fixed.. my phone now has a load music player.. just made a script to replace the files need.. so even if i wipe data/factory reset it gets the files back in place..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CMahendra's Guide for LOW-SOUND VOLUME FIX for MT6589x Phones
    [Useful for Porters]

This guide is for MT65XX rom porters, who want to increase volume of their ported custom roms.
    Newbies with little RootExplorer experience can also read carefully all the steps and can increase volume of phone.

WARNING:

1. This Information is Only for Rooted Phones and people with RootExplorer and flashing experience.
    2. Whoever it is porter or newbie, first take Nandroid Backup before proceeding. If fix does not work you can Restore back your Nandroid Backup.
    3. This is just one of the many methods. If the problem is in more than one places then this fix may not work for you.
    4. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. I am not responsible for any brick or problems.

STEPS OF TUTORIAL FOR ROM PORTERS/DEVS

Step 1)
    Download this Flashable zip file "Sound_Permission_Setup_CMahendra.zip" (attached below) and copy on your SDCARD. Also install RootExplorer.

Step 2)
    TAKE BACKUP: Take full nandroid backup of your low-volume custom rom in recovery mode, in case of any problem happens in the process, it will be useful.

Step 3)
    Now you have to find and BACKUP copy of STRONG SOUND files from Working Stock Rom. So, Flash stock rom with full wipe and start phone and test sound volume, if ok or not.

Step 4)
    With any Root Explorer on phone, copy this folder from root of yours phone to your SDCARD.

/data/nvram/APCFG/APRDCL

Copy paste this "APRDCL" folder on your SDCARD. There will be around 15 to 16 or more files inside. Now stock Sound file Backup is done.

Step 5)
    Now flash/Restore your custom rom which have low volume problem.

Step 6)
    Open RootExplorer and open "APRDCL" folder on your SDCARD and select and copy all following files mentioned below.
    Audio_AudEnh_Control_Opt
    Audio_CompFlt
    Audio_Effect
    Audio_Hd_Record_Param
    Audio_Hd_Record_Scene_Table
    Audio_Sph
    Audio_Wb_Sph
    Audio_ver1_Vol_custom
    Audio_Vol_custom
    Audio_Wb_Sph
    AUXADC
    Headphone_CompFlt
    HWMON_ACC
    Sph_Dual_Mic
    You can also include any file with words "speaker" or "sound" or "volume" or "Mic".

Do not worry if any file is missing.

***IMPORTANT: Do not copy or replace files starting with "Camera" and "File_Ver". Leave them as it is.

attachment.php

Step 7)
    Now paste these files in following folder location of your phone.

/data/nvram/APCFG/APRDCL

The same folder location from where the files were copied from stock rom.

Step 8)
    Now reboot the phone into recovery and flash this Sound_Permission_Setup_CMahendra.zip (attached below)

Restart and you are done. Now you may check the volume.
    This worked perfect for many of my A116 MT6589 roms. The Volume in RingTone, Alarm, Music, etc, increased like hell. But if volume does not increased you still can Restore back your Nandroid Backup from Recovery. :DTHIS IS MOST SAFEST WORKAROUND BECAUSE FILES ARE FROM YOUR OWN STOCK ROM. SO PALS, NOT TO WORRY!
    EXPERIENCED PORTERS CAN MAKE THEIR OWN FLASHABLE ZIPS EASILY.

Hope this helps.

CREDITS:
    Thanks to Internet. This is not my own work, I have collected this information some time back which was found on internet. So thought to keep it properly organized in one place. I don't remember the exact page but I saved the information in text file and now sharing all.
    Sir will it work with A117 Magnus?
    @anjanbhowmik
    All MT6589 and MT6589T roms :)

BTW all my roms for A116 and A117 will have patch for this. :)