FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[OFFICIAL] [MIUI 5] [4.2.1] [REDEFINING ANDROID]

615 posts
Thanks Meter: 901
 
By fa1zali, Senior Member on 15th June 2014, 07:50 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
20th August 2014, 06:59 AM |#401  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meenavin

I just followed the installation procedure mentioned in the 1st page of this thread and did almost 5 times. Not sure what made it work.


I did it twice....so perhaps I shall try a few more times.....lol

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chynakym

I did it twice....so perhaps I shall try a few more times.....lol

Hurray update to 4.8.8 finally worked. It takes more than 6 flashes in my case to make it stick. Now it seems working well and I will monitor if there are bugs. Thanks for the tip!!!!
 
 
20th August 2014, 07:23 AM |#402  
BhatiaPulkit's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Hi,

Installation happened without any hassles. It was done as suggested.
No bugs. Updated patch as well later.

One major issue: Tasker application would not even launch even after patch update.
Error: Force close....unfortunately Tasker has stopped.
Please fix this..thanks

Sent from my A116 using XDA Free mobile app
20th August 2014, 09:57 AM |#403  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Sound Update
@fa1zali: Do i need to install the sound update after installing 4.8.8?

Note: I;ve already installed the latest update after installing 4.8.8 but still I am getting the creechy sound while talking over Viber. I thought the sound update would solve this issue
20th August 2014, 10:40 AM |#404  
BhatiaPulkit's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meenavin

@fa1zali: Do i need to install the sound update after installing 4.8.8?

Note: I;ve already installed the latest update after installing 4.8.8 but still I am getting the creechy sound while talking over Viber. I thought the sound update would solve this issue

Same with me.
I also see force closures with email apart from Tasker issue I mentioned earlier.

Sent from my A116 using XDA Free mobile app
20th August 2014, 12:15 PM |#405  
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Amazing rom.. Super smooth.. Almost bugs free.. Only thing i notice is that sound error while playing music.. Glitch or noise is added while playing music repeatedly and touch response is sad while charging the phone.... Hope it wil b fixed soon..
Thanx alot for this awesome rom.. M a big fan of miui and this room made my day

One quest- can i flash s2w kernel on this rom..if nt.. Is there any another kernel which i can falsh other than stock

Link for s2w kernel-- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2596271

Thanx in advance.. :beer:

Sent from my A116 using XDA Free mobile app
20th August 2014, 12:30 PM |#406  
deeplyyoung's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,783
 
More
After a long time now again m planning to move towards my one of the Fav Rom MIUI....

Already downloaded V 4.8.8 & gonna flash by eve...
20th August 2014, 01:44 PM |#407  
psonawane1984's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meenavin

@fa1zali: Do i need to install the sound update after installing 4.8.8?

Note: I;ve already installed the latest update after installing 4.8.8 but still I am getting the creechy sound while talking over Viber. I thought the sound update would solve this issue

@fa1zali

I have also flashed the update but even after flashing the update the sound problem is not getting resolved? i hope you will soon provide a solution for the same...
20th August 2014, 05:02 PM |#408  
fa1zali's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 901
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BhatiaPulkit

Hi,

Installation happened without any hassles. It was done as suggested.
No bugs. Updated patch as well later.

One major issue: Tasker application would not even launch even after patch update.
Error: Force close....unfortunately Tasker has stopped.
Please fix this..thanks

Sent from my A116 using XDA Free mobile app

Just wipe cache partition and dalvik cache and then restart the phone
20th August 2014, 05:06 PM |#409  
fa1zali's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 901
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meenavin

@fa1zali: Do i need to install the sound update after installing 4.8.8?

Note: I;ve already installed the latest update after installing 4.8.8 but still I am getting the creechy sound while talking over Viber. I thought the sound update would solve this issue

The update 1 for miui v4.8.8 contains sound patch so no need of installing the sound patch.
On my device MMX A116 i have tested the patch and did not get screechy sound , i played music on phone speakers , headphones continuously for 2 hours but did not faced the issue.
Try flashing rom again with patch and wipe cache partition and dalvik cache then test it.
20th August 2014, 05:09 PM |#410  
fa1zali's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 901
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soham1990

Amazing rom.. Super smooth.. Almost bugs free.. Only thing i notice is that sound error while playing music.. Glitch or noise is added while playing music repeatedly and touch response is sad while charging the phone.... Hope it wil b fixed soon..
Thanx alot for this awesome rom.. M a big fan of miui and this room made my day

One quest- can i flash s2w kernel on this rom..if nt.. Is there any another kernel which i can falsh other than stock

Link for s2w kernel-- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2596271

Thanx in advance.. :beer:

Sent from my A116 using XDA Free mobile app

Thnx for using the rom.
Apply update 1 to resolve sound issue and other bug fixes
Also wipe dalvik cache and cache partition after installing the rom and patch
I dont recommend flashing custom kernel but its your wish you can try
20th August 2014, 05:11 PM |#411  
fa1zali's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 901
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeplyyoung

After a long time now again m planning to move towards my one of the Fav Rom MIUI....

Already downloaded V 4.8.8 & gonna flash by eve...


Some bugs are there as custom roms are not perfect , but will be improved with future updates
The Following User Says Thank You to fa1zali For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fa1zali Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a116, micromax, miui
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes