Proper wall charger

Search This thread

andoid1

Apr 15, 2014
Hi everyone,
I have a moto and since it didn't came with a wall charger (only USB cable) I used my Asus transformer wall charger to charge the phone it works fine for a few months now...

I want to get another charger so that I'll be able to charge both the Asus and the Moto g at once.

Now here's my problem, I can't find proper Motorola wall charger with EU plug.
Also I can't find just the Asus wall charger for purchase in sensible price (20$ top).

I tried using some generic micro USB charger with the Moto g but I noticed the scrolling gesture is not as smooth as when its not charging or when its charging with the Asus's.
(Its really notable jittering)

I also tried to use a Samsung galaxy S4 charger with same jittering results.

I am afraid these cheap chargers screw up the battery in some way causing the unsmooth scrolling and jittering...

Do you have any suggestions , where can I get proper chargers (local shop has only those cheap Chinese ones)?
Or should I just use those other chargers or not?

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

Johndawolf

Mar 6, 2014
Telford
Hi everyone,
I have a moto and since it didn't came with a wall charger (only USB cable) I used my Asus transformer wall charger to charge the phone it works fine for a few months now...

I want to get another charger so that I'll be able to charge both the Asus and the Moto g at once.

Also I can't find just the Asus wall charger for purchase in sensible price (20$ top).

I tried using some generic micro USB charger with the Moto g but I noticed the scrolling gesture is not as smooth as when its not charging or when its charging with the Asus's.

I am afraid these cheap chargers screw up the battery in some way causing the unsmooth scrolling and jittering...

Do you have any suggestions , where can I get proper chargers (local shop has only those cheap Chinese ones)?

Thanks!

I don't think there is a proper charger for this. No model of the G comes with it. I use the samsung charger from my galaxy ace most of the time, but since the USB seems to work best, an idea could be to use a USB mains charger.
You could also try using an older Moto charger with the same plug, but I'm not sure that would be any better. Cheap ones NOT reccomended; the manual says you shouldn't use cheap chargers.
Sorry if I haven't answered your question fully but this is the best I can do...

andoid1

Apr 15, 2014
The Moto G comes with a charger in France and in the whole of the EU I think (this is required by law). Specs are 5.0V 550 mA. Model MOT-C-0003ADUEU

Could take a picture of it please?
Also is the charger available to purchase by itself in France?

SbM_

Nov 7, 2012
Sure, here it is :
IMG_20140617_230142.jpg

I don't know if you can purchase the charger separately, though. FYI, I use the charger from my Nexus 7, as it's more convenient for me to have only one charger, and it works fine (it outputs 2 A, more than enough to charge the Moto G).

andoid1

Apr 15, 2014
Sure, here it is :
IMG_20140617_230142.jpg

I don't know if you can purchase the charger separately, though. FYI, I use the charger from my Nexus 7, as it's more convenient for me to have only one charger, and it works fine (it outputs 2 A, more than enough to charge the Moto G).

When the phone is connected to the charger do you notice any jittering when scrolling around? Also I noticed with the cheap charger that the touch sensor is off (not only jitters), like it doesn't register the touch properly. (When I touch and hold for a millisecond just before I scroll left/right on the main screen then it actually registers a "click" touch and opens an app instead of scrolling).

If you don't have this problem with the nexus charger can you write its model so I can look for it on eBay?

Thanks again.

SbM_

Nov 7, 2012
I've just checked: no jittering and the sensor isn't off with any of the two charger. Maybe a hardware issue with your phone?

The Nexus 7 charger is model AD835M1 (type B10LF).

andoid1

Apr 15, 2014
If it doesn't happen to then it means the charger is fine.
To me know doesn't happen when I use the Asus charger, it only happen when I use the cheap Chinese generic charger.(which is DC5.2V 1A 100mA).

SbM_

Nov 7, 2012
Is it 1A or 100mA? 100mA is definitely not enough.

Also maybe 5.2V is a bit too much, as the USB standard is 5V. This could explain the issues you're experiencing.

Given the specs of the Motorola charger, I'd suggest you find a 5V charger which outputs at least 550mA.

Good luck!

XUTOS-83

Feb 8, 2010
Lisboa
Back to Previous Page

How do I properly charge my device?

In order to keep the price low, Motorola made many cost-saving decisons. In this case, our research showed that many people already had a suitable Motorola charger available, or a PC or other device that can be used to charge Moto G.

Any Motorola charger with the correct micro-USB tip will charge your Moto G. You will see the best results when the output of the charger is between 500 mA and 1.5 A. The higher the output, the faster your Moto G will charge.

If your charger output is higher, the MOTO G will automatically restrict the charging rate. If your charger is lower, it will simply take longer to reach a full charge.

https://motorola-global-portal.cust..._detail/a_id/97318/p/30,6720,9050/action/auth

andoid1

Apr 15, 2014
Thanks I'll try to find one of those hopefully they won't cause issues.

JJmattos1

Jan 29, 2013
I don't think there is a proper charger for this. No model of the G comes with it. I use the samsung charger from my galaxy ace most of the time, but since the USB seems to work best, an idea could be to use a USB mains charger.
You could also try using an older Moto charger with the same plug, but I'm not sure that would be any better. Cheap ones NOT reccomended; the manual says you shouldn't use cheap chargers.
Sorry if I haven't answered your question fully but this is the best I can do...

Not really true about The G doesnt come with the wall charger. My G is a 8gb single Sim from Brazil and it came with the 5v@550mah current/voltage wall charger.

I also used the X 1A charger for a while without any problems!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

andoid1

Apr 15, 2014
Can you purchase the charger separately in Brazil?

I just tested 2 chargers at work with output 1200mA and both are fine(one is Fujicom charger and the other is a Nokia one), guess that is the problem with the generic charger output being 100mA.

Last edited:

PolarXBoy

Jun 17, 2012
Hello!

I live in the EU too, and my phone came without a charger. XT1032 8GB single sim version. I'm charging it with an original iPhone charger without any problems,the touchscreen and everything works fine during charging.

protegeone

Jun 19, 2014
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Not sure if you've tried already ebay.co.uk, there are several genuine Motorola chargers for as little as 3GBP and they are
EU plug.

petraru1

Nov 7, 2011
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Romania is in EU, but my xt1032 single sim didn't come with a charger (only usb cable). The retailer from Romania bought the phone from the UK (tesco). I had the same problem with a cheap charger, but now i am using a charger from a ZTE phone witch has 1A and everything works fine

JJmattos1

Jan 29, 2013
Can you purchase the charger separately in Brazil?

I just tested 2 chargers at work with output 1200mA and both are fine(one is Fujicom charger and the other is a Nokia one), guess that is the problem with the generic charger output being 100mA.

As protegeone (#17) sais, why dont you try one of these genuine from eBay?

Here in Brazil I can buy separately in MercadoLibre website for example (see link below)In the official Motorola web store I can't.

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/...iginal-motorola-adaptador-cabo-usb-moto-g-_JM

And I've just noticed that my original wall charger is the one with the 500mah current.. Damn! I was already going to buy the iPhone charger for my G anyway...

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Note10.1Dude

Dec 17, 2013
California
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3
Any micro USB charger with at least 500 mA should work just fine. I would not exceed 2A. I have used a range of chargers from blackberry to nexus 7 to Samsung Note, and even a bluetooth headset one. They all work, but the headset one would take all day to charge.