[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][ZTE Axon 10 Pro] [9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps/addons
  • Boot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Boot to recovery again
  • Flash gapps/addons
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the ZTE Axon 10 Pro, ROM for the ZTE Axon 10 Pro

Contributors
Unjustified Dev, DrakenFx
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Kernel source: https://github.com/C457/android_kernel_zte_sm8150 {link added by mod on behalf of OP}

Version Information

Created 2019-10-27
Last Updated 2019-10-27

Last edited by a moderator:

rafyvitto

Aug 12, 2014
ZTE Axon 10 Pro
OnePlus 9
Rock solid ive been running this for about two weeks, besides fp not working everything else works as intended, the only thing is i messed up my fastboot by replacing abl.elf with stock one, so im bootloader unlock with twrp, but no fastboot :)

Here are some screenshots:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191018-005125_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20191018-005125_Settings.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 2,461
  • Screenshot_20191017-120909_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20191017-120909_Settings.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 2,441
  • Screenshot_20191027-120248_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20191027-120248_Settings.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 2,412
Last edited:
Rock solid ive been running this for about two weeks, besides fp not working everything else works as intended, the only thing is i messed up my fastboot by replacing abl.elf with stock one, so im bootloader unlock with twrp, but no fastboot :)

I'll upload a flashable able.elf to get fastboot back later .....

ChrisFeiveel84

Jun 29, 2017
Germany
OnePlus 11
with the abl.img the fastboot has go in the system no mtp modus

can you both abl.img without fastboot and abl.img the fastboot did not combine so we have fastboot but can still switch to mtp on system ?

Ps
with the abl.img the fastboot makes it possible for me every few minutes the sd card out but then again nen recognized

Last edited:

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
After a little trial and error, I finally got it installed on my Chinese version. Thank You! Running through the setup now. Once again, Thank You

with the abl.img the fastboot has go in the system no mtp modus
can you both abl.img without fastboot and abl.img the fastboot did not combine so we have fastboot but can still switch to mtp on system ?

Ps
with the abl.img the fastboot makes it possible for me every few minutes the sd card out but then again nen recognized

Yes, with the Fastboot abl.elf ,MTP on System is disabled for whatever reasons......

But if I'm honest, with TWRP installed if you don't have the need to have fastboot, just keep stock abl for MTP and TWRP to flash anything.

Beside you can just use the AxonTool to get fastboot abl without problem.

I'm also leaving here a link for the TWRP Flashable Fastboot abl in case anyone wants it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/148eMqi--WCXBnZsMhxiIB7rudb9A7jZ3/view?usp=drivesdk

ltebase

Sep 1, 2018
hi man , may i ask you a question ?

it is possible build a ROM or kernel permanently set selinux to permissive mode ? i mean AXON 10 Pro .

thanks..

imregy

May 24, 2013
Hi!
I have two problems with the rom.
The first one and most important is, that it sometimes just stops at LOS boot animation and I have to flash the entire rom and gapps.
The second one is that LOS recovery always overwrites TWRP, is there any option to avoide that?
Thanks!

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
Hi!

I have two problems with the rom.

The first one and most important is, that it sometimes just stops at LOS boot animation and I have to flash the entire rom and gapps.

The second one is that LOS recovery always overwrites TWRP, is there any option to avoide that?

Thanks!

Not sure about your first problem because you have not provided a log (I haven't ran into that issue yet). It could be something you have installed or some option causing an issue. The second problem is something that cannot be stopped. Newer devices don't have a recovery partition it's packed into the boot partition. The ROM provided a boot IMG so TWRP isn't replaced it's just not part of the boot.IMG that's being flashed. After you flash the ROM, flash the TWRP installer again (this cannot be changed)

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: DrakenFX and imregy

scionoics

Oct 29, 2019
Installed and working on 2020

I live in Canada and couldn't order an Axon10 anywhere here, so i got one from China. It is the A2020 not the G or the U. I managed to flash TWRP and this LineageOS ROM on it successfully, except for one detail.

I can't seem to get the mobile data networks to connect. I can make calls and send and receive texts, but no data networks. I've tried flashing the original modem, resetting the cache, and reinstalling the rom. I can't seem to change the APN settings either as they're all greyed out.

Any advice would be appreciated.

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
I live in Canada and couldn't order an Axon10 anywhere here, so i got one from China. It is the A2020 not the G or the U. I managed to flash TWRP and this LineageOS ROM on it successfully, except for one detail.

I can't seem to get the mobile data networks to connect. I can make calls and send and receive texts, but no data networks. I've tried flashing the original modem, resetting the cache, and reinstalling the rom. I can't seem to change the APN settings either as they're all greyed out.

Any advice would be appreciated.
I too have the Chinese version. I was on Lineage, but went back to stock. even though there are some annoyances with the Chinese rom, there were some issues with the Lineage rom. Such as, No face unlock, FP scanner or wireless charging don't work and sound was rather low. I'm sure all these issues will be worked out in time.

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
I too have the Chinese version. I was on Lineage, but went back to stock. even though there are some annoyances with the Chinese rom, there were some issues with the Lineage rom. Such as, No face unlock, FP scanner or wireless charging don't work and sound was rather low. I'm sure all these issues will be worked out in time.
Which Chinese there are two models one is 5g and one is 4g from my understanding. getprop ro.product.board

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
Which Chinese there are two models one is 5g and one is 4g from my understanding. getprop ro.product.board

I have the 4G version. I just don't personally like light modes, so I have kept mine BL unlocked so that I can theme so that most apps are dark, but the other annoyance I have with the Chinese rom is the over agressive memory management that constantly shuts down Google Assistant. This causes me to constantly have to reset it. That is why I was asking if anyone had the capabilities or knew of a rom that had Chinese setting, but system images with Google Play. I have also tried eliminating Z-assistant, which seems to manage things, but Google Assistant is still shut down. Are you knowledgeable as to which app/service might be responsible for shutting things down?

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
@Unjustified Dev
hey wanted to ask if the fingerprint already works on los16 from 31.10 ?

Sent from my ZTE A2020G Pro using XDA Labs
Fp is almost impossible. After a few weeks we finally got ZTE audio changes it may not be the same for fp. I'm not sure who makes the decisions but they modified the default Android service for fp. You can't really do that it's against vts. I've tried myself to do the same and the build give a big warning. It's not impossible to get it working, I just refuse to go that far to get something working when it could have been done differently.

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
I have the 4G version. I just don't personally like light modes, so I have kept mine BL unlocked so that I can theme so that most apps are dark, but the other annoyance I have with the Chinese rom is the over agressive memory management that constantly shuts down Google Assistant. This causes me to constantly have to reset it. That is why I was asking if anyone had the capabilities or knew of a rom that had Chinese setting, but system images with Google Play. I have also tried eliminating Z-assistant, which seems to manage things, but Google Assistant is still shut down. Are you knowledgeable as to which app/service might be responsible for shutting things down?

Could you grab a logcat? Since the modem is working it could be the network mode is different for this device even though it's the Chinese one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps/addons
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps/addons
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the ZTE Axon 10 Pro, ROM for the ZTE Axon 10 Pro

Contributors
    Unjustified Dev, DrakenFx
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Kernel source: https://github.com/C457/android_kernel_zte_sm8150 {link added by mod on behalf of OP}

Version Information

Created 2019-10-27
    Last Updated 2019-10-27
    Finally they released the kernel source

Is there any more development going to happen for the Axon 10 Pro, or has Unjustified Dev (as seemingly the only interested developer) thrown in the towel for good?
    Waiting on ZTE to release the kernel source for 10.

@Unjustified Dev
    hey wanted to ask if the fingerprint already works on los16 from 31.10 ?

Sent from my ZTE A2020G Pro using XDA Labs
    Fp is almost impossible. After a few weeks we finally got ZTE audio changes it may not be the same for fp. I'm not sure who makes the decisions but they modified the default Android service for fp. You can't really do that it's against vts. I've tried myself to do the same and the build give a big warning. It's not impossible to get it working, I just refuse to go that far to get something working when it could have been done differently.