[Firmware] ***BETA*** B510 Android 4.4.2 mit EMUI 2.3

Search This thread

blueIBI

Jun 9, 2012
Flash stock recovery. Install B125 update.app via volume up + volume down + power button. After you have B125, turn on your phone, follow the setup guide. Do not root the device. Now put update.zip with B510 ROM in dload folder on your sdcard and update via local method, from Settings.

i did so..

but just to be on the right side..i have:
stock recovery (android system recovery <3e>) (from b118 - from a former install i had to go to this recovery - also from this forum)
stock b125 from a thread in this forum / alternatively i have the one from huaweiblog.de
i have the update.zip from here

maybe the sdcard is too big? (16GB)
did a full wipe data/factory reset
no root
tried to upgrade to b132 again..verify fail..(failed to verify whole-file signature)
also with b510..verify fail..

i'm frustrated..

what am i doing wrong??? :crying:

edith:

for sure i put the update.zip on sdcard in the dload folder!

kolembo

Nov 2, 2012
What do you mean by it take ages? Like it took long time to update? Do you have a custom recovery now?

Hey, that's Good info about the OTA update.

What took long was actually DOWNLOADING it, not the updating. I'm on broadband and it's still just creeping along... 55%...

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium HD app

kamphoz

Mar 28, 2014
Hey, that's Good info about the OTA update.

What took long was actually DOWNLOADING it, not the updating. I'm on broadband and it's still just creeping along... 55%...

Mate, when you have installed the update, would you please do a twrp backup and upload it? This would make us other able to install it without going to b125 first!

miz_pimp

Mar 23, 2012
LG V40
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
i did so..

stock recovery (android system recovery <3e>) (from b118 - from a former install i had to go to this recovery - also from this forum)
stock b125 from a thread in this forum / alternatively i have the one from huaweiblog.de

no root
tried to upgrade to b132 again..verify fail..(failed to verify whole-file signature)

i'm frustrated..

edith:

Have you tried updating from your internal memory?

Or try formatting your SD card, then put the dload folder back on your freshly formatted sd card, then try again.

B

BeyondTheHorizon

i did so..

no root

i'm frustrated..

edith:

Too big ? No way. I have 32 GB. And remember we are talking about a smartphone.

Last edited:

blueIBI

Jun 9, 2012
@miz pimp:
sure i tried..same as the other..

i have now updated to the b125 from huaweiblog.de..but still the same..tried also a smaller sdcard (4GB) but no succes (formatted..created dload..put update.zip in dload..update via settings/about phone/system update/local..)

that's going to make me crazy..i can't remember how i upgraded to b132..because there i have now the same issue..verifying fails..though bootloader is unlock state..the phone itself says that its securephone state is lock (???)..

taaeem

Feb 22, 2014
Hamburg
Hey i have a problem. Titanium Backup isn't allowed to write on my external sd card, any ideas?

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using XDA Free mobile app

B

BeyondTheHorizon

Hey i have a problem. Titanium Backup isn't allowed to write on my external sd card, any ideas?

Screenshot please. What's the message that appears on the screen ? Change your backup location.

Last edited:

OFFlee

Jul 28, 2011
Guys is there a touch delay in B510? Because i feel a touch delay (especially when writing) since first versions of roms.

Last edited:

OFFlee

Jul 28, 2011
There is no such issue. Restart your phone, install a clear cache app, or make a clean install of the ROM.

Actually there is :( i tried everyway to fix it but no luck. The delay is not too much but i can feel it and its much worse then other android devices. The reviews see that too there is 255 ms delay on ascend p6. But i was using Huawei Ideos x5 before and there is the same lag on it. But with different roms it has gone. So i hope in there is no delay on new international kitkat. Because its really annoying.

Quote from a review:
To test the persistence , the Ascend P6 shows a large touch delay 255 ms. This test can only be applied to the interface navigation menus and offices of the OS. A "good " latency ( 75 ms for the iPhone 5 ) has a sense of fluidity, high reactivity in passing from one page to another . In contrast, high latency , as here, resulting in a feeling of lag, the difference between the action ( I put the finger on the screen ) and the reaction ( on screen display ) is reflected greater.

http://new-phones-coming-out101.blogspot.com.tr/2013/10/New-Phones-Coming-Out-huawei-ascend-p6.html

Last edited:
B

BeyondTheHorizon

Actually there is :( i tried everyway to fix it but no luck. The delay is not too much but i can feel it and its much worse then other android devices. The reviews see that too there is 255 ms delay on ascend p6. But i was using Huawei Ideos x5 before and there is the same lag on it. But with different roms it has gone. So i hope in there is no delay on new international kitkat. Because its really annoying.

Only your device has this problem from what I can see on XDA. Wait for the official/final release or reinstall the ROM.
Or try SEEDER

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to say i'm working on making a flash able zip for the b125 and the b510! :D
    [Firmware] ***BETA*** B510 Android 4.4.2 mit EMUI 2.3
    Link

Firmware Version - B510
    Compatible with – Ascend P6-U06
    Android version – 4.4.2
    Emotion UI version – 2.3
    Languages – Multilanguage
    hi guys..

got stuck..

downgraded from b132 to b125..
    putted the update.zip from here in the dload folder on the sdcard..
    then used the system update app..
    but when the phone tries to update it fails cause of a verifying problem..
    also a forced update doesnt help cause of locked bootloader..

what is missing?

Unlock the the boot loader with adb mate!

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

The zips should be ready tomorrow! It seems like i only need to make the the b125 to a zip file. Do you guys want me to add SU to the b510 rom? :confused:
    hey beyond..

clean b125?

means i have to make factory reset? :eek:

Listen, b510 is not the same as the others! B510 is a ZIP not .app that means it not meant to be putted in dload, you should put it on the sd card and then, rename the update.app you have in your dload, so it will fail updating and giving you the stock recovery where you can flash zips, then pick b510. Thats why i can't make b510 able to flash, because it's already able to be flashed!

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

I'm in Kenya.
    They've just sent me the update OTA
    I registered but I'm still quite surprised.

I had been on the original B111 updated to international 125 via dload method.

Takes ages to come through OTA though, but thought you'd find this interesting

What do you mean by it take ages? Like it took long time to update? Do you have a custom recovery now?

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Also if anyone have b125 installed and twrp then you can make a backup and then upload it, then we can all flash it and then we don't need to use the update.app! Would be nice!

Have a good day out there!

Regard Frederik :cowboy:

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

hey beyond..

clean b125?

means i have to make factory reset? :eek:

Shouldn't be needed mate! Maybe the update.app you downloaded was broken?
    ScreenShots

Tried to post earlier but had problems with the image sizes so I've just attached them!
    Ok, Finally got the download - it took more than 12 hours OTA but that may have to do with me being in Kenya - although I do have relatively fast wifi. HiSuite would download the update to 92% and then cancel.

The update prompts at the end and does everything from there. It goes into stock recovery for a long time, then boots up into the usual Huawei splash screen with a new title, 'powered by android' at the bottom.

You are greeted with an entirely different lock-screen, which when you swipe up, gives you lock-screen short cuts. The home screen looks familiar, if even more colorful than below. I like the new clock widget.

On the lock-screen there's a camera icon and if you draw the screen up from there - it takes you directly into your camera. Camera has an entirely new layout. You'll notice your carrier label on the notifications bar, top left.

Settings has new stuff on it. And the pull-notification has changed. It will take getting used to because it splits between Notifications and Switch and you have to flick left or right to select which menu to use. It seems like more work.

You can customize absolutely everything on whatever theme you select - very nice - and you'll see that there's this new 'shake to align your icons' thing when your moving icons around your homescreen. Gimmick but it works and it's cute. I SUGGEST you go into your phone memory and copy your Themes to your sd card before you update. Also, after the update, you will find a new folder, HwOUN which houses your update.zip

Finally, the email app and the keyboard have been completely revamped. The keyboard is VERY SWYPE - you get taken to some swype login sites but this app I am most pleased with. The Huawei keyboard was always lovely...light, fresh - but desperately needed swype. Then Phone App has also been revamped. These changes I think are unique to Emotion2.3?

Anyway that's all for now. I hope this was helpful.

For those trying to upgrade, I would suggest going to B125, and then placing the ZIP file both in the dload folder and on the root of your sdCard (it's already named update.zip) and then use the local update method.

N.B. I haven't tested this with this particular update! I have used this before to go back and forth between B111, B125 and B128 Screenshot_2014-06-04-07-22-32.jpg

Screenshot_2014-06-04-07-25-09.jpeg

Screenshot_2014-06-04-07-28-48.jpg

Screenshot_2014-06-04-07-36-26.jpg