By TheManii, Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor on 6th January 2012, 10:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th January 2012, 02:12 PM |#11  
Warren, MI
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdzo72

Thanks for the link but there's nothing wrong with the .pkg files links, only the recoveries as far as I can tell

It was mentioned above that it would be released by Dell soon and I ran across it. Funny, checking for updates, still shows no updates!

Just a confused newbie! Since I'm still stock, I can go this route.

7th January 2012, 09:19 PM |#12  
OP Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,644

More
The 514 recs havnt been prepared yet, I'm gonna do them soon.

If you already have 506/7 installed you can simply use the equivilent 506/7 rec

Edit: recs have been uploaded for 514 now
The Following User Says Thank You to TheManii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheManii Ad-Free
9th January 2012, 05:01 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 94

Donate to Me
More
Who has had success rooting the new build with superoneclick? I tried twice and it hung on step 7 both times. I then proceeded to install superuser via cwm and now have root.

Because I am still somewhat of a noob regarding Android I am not sure if superoneclick did a partial root or what.

One the plus side for some reason the update seems faster. My titanium backups are installing noticeably quicker.
9th January 2012, 05:09 AM |#14  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 1,046

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetzel402

Who has had success rooting the new build with superoneclick? I tried twice and it hung on step 7 both times. I then proceeded to install superuser via cwm and now have root.

Because I am still somewhat of a noob regarding Android I am not sure if superoneclick did a partial root or what.

One the plus side for some reason the update seems faster. My titanium backups are installing noticeably quicker.

I tried updating to the 514 today and wasn't able to root unless I flashed HoneyStreak R8, which I don't want to really do because for some reason Netflix will not run on R8 here in Costa Rica, but when I was in the USA last month I had no problems. Well then I tried to go back by flashing the 506 ROm for my US 4G Streak 7 and couldn't root that either, once again the only way to root was by flashing HoneyStreak R8...

If anyone has any ideas I'm open. If not, about the only thing I know to do is NVFlash HoneyStreak R2 and start from there
9th January 2012, 07:00 AM |#15  
Snowflake
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Wanted to report a positive bug fixed with 514 vs 512 that came with my device. When docked in my video dock, the streak will ask to disable the speakers ok or cancel. with 512 no matter what was said it disabled. With 514 it works :)

Now I can dock at my desk and watch Netflix :)

Have not found any bugs yet....
9th January 2012, 07:16 AM |#16  
OP Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,644

More
I believe 514 was a specific hotfix related to the dock, at least that's what I hear
9th January 2012, 08:40 AM |#17  
Snowflake
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I'm damn happy they fixed it. After seeing Dell stopped selling the streaks and the Video Docks I honestly thought I was screwed. Surprised they even continued to bring out software updates.

Bad enough I couldn't even get a Streak 7 dock. Morons sent me a streak 5 dock. And then told me after I attempted to return that they do not have one for the streak 7 in stock nor are they replenishing.

A pair of Dikes and a bit of patience fixed that problem
9th January 2012, 01:51 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does anyone know if this update will work on T-Mobile branded Streak 7?
9th January 2012, 02:54 PM |#19  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 1,046

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icepop

Does anyone know if this update will work on T-Mobile branded Streak 7?

I had no problems... I flashed the 506 recovery image and it read the update.pkg for this ROM just fine and flashed without a hiccup... but I'm having trouble rooting it
9th January 2012, 03:05 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdzo72

I had no problems... I flashed the 506 recovery image and it read the update.pkg for this ROM just fine and flashed without a hiccup... but I'm having trouble rooting it

Awesome, thanks. I'll give mine a shot today.
9th January 2012, 03:35 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 94

Donate to Me
More
Someone please give my root a try and confirm if it works.

I used SuperOneClick 2.3.3. When it hangs on step 7 unplug usb and close out. Reboot into clockwork and flash superuser zip.

I don't know why it worked but it did
Attached Files
File Type: zip Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (625.2 KB, 217 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)