Can't install TWRP or CWM

Search This thread

Track607

Mar 16, 2014
I've been trying to root my T999 unsuccessfully for the past 2 hours..

I can't install SuperSU because I get the "supersu failed to verify whole-file signature" error.

I figured the problem is caused by the fact that I don't have CWM or TWRP installed (rather just the stock recovery), but I can't seem to install them.

I've tried using Odin and also installing it directly from the Play Store according to their instructions.

In both cases, it gets installed but when I press Home + Volume Up + Power I still don't get to the CWM or TWRP recovery screens but just the usual old stock one.

What do I do??

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
I've been trying to root my T999 unsuccessfully for the past 2 hours..

I can't install SuperSU because I get the "supersu failed to verify whole-file signature" error.

I figured the problem is caused by the fact that I don't have CWM or TWRP installed (rather just the stock recovery), but I can't seem to install them.

I've tried using Odin and also installing it directly from the Play Store according to their instructions.

In both cases, it gets installed but when I press Home + Volume Up + Power I still don't get to the CWM or TWRP recovery screens but just the usual old stock one.

What do I do??

I'm sure somebody here can help you but FYI this is the Verizon s3 forum (i535). You'll have better luck on the T-Mobile forum.