ROOT BOUNTY FOR SGH-527 with 4.4.2 KitKat Update

Search This thread

Grarak

Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2012
Vienna
tell me how to get it any you will have it 1 before 5pm today est.

also here is the pit file you asked for. I used it to unbvrick my phone a few times with odin.
ita for the at&t version

Extract boot.img from stock odin flashable ROM

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Free mobile app

mtmichaelson

Apr 5, 2009
Mt. Juliet, TN
Extract boot.img from stock odin flashable ROM

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Free mobile app

Unfortunately there is no stock Kit Kat Odin flashable ROM. The only other option is if someone is still on 4.2 and rooted. They can download the update and pull the /fota folder from the /cache folder. It should have the new boot.img in there. I am already on 4.4.2 (phone was already on it when I got it) so I can not, but hopefully someone that can help is still on 4.2!

Grarak

Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2012
Vienna
If you guys are able to flash this through odin and it boots up then it's possible to get root

Attachments

• boot.tar
    8.5 MB · Views: 153

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What we do know is that a guy on eBay has the root solution and claims its a "trade secret" so either he found a way to downgrade kernal to MK2 successfully and root and upgrade back to NE7 or he found a root exploit that works on 4.4.2 I527, I can confirm that a Metro dealer in my area sent him a I527 and he sent back a few days later and it was imei repaired, rooted and fully working.

There IS A SOLUTION, we just need to keep trying new things, that "bounty" that people suggested is nothing more than a fairy tale, devs know when the solution comes out, noone is going to pay they are just going to leech and about 10% will stick to their donations, so they are now holding solutions for themselves and using it in key areas like IMEI repair and making money. Just look at S-OFF for HTC one M8 sunshine is charging $25 per device and they deserve too, they have mouths to feed as they put more hours into development than we ever would.

I know most of you root and install roms for the fun of it or to enjoy a better optimized phone but I do this for IMEI repair purposes, for monetary reasons, doesn't mean we can't be on the same page and work together, I don't have any I527's in store atm but when I get another one in I will be trying new things to get it going.

The reason I looked this thread up because I am familiar with downgrading kernals for I537 S4 active and the new I337 N1I 4.4.2 update so I figured, "Hey you can probably do that with the I527 kernal!" and IMEI_bandit had the exact same thought as me, ty for your contribution regardless if you didn't test (which should of been noted, but nonetheless you got us the files, ty) but it seems theres more to it, I have gathered files you guys have submitted on this thread relating to the Boot.tar, Boot.zip and I527 pit file and will look more into this with the help of other devs on GSM forum and here, ty
    Working Root for 4.4.2 I527

I've been messing around hoping to find something. Finally, the new version of KingRoot worked. I just got it finished earlier, it's doing great. It disabled knox, didn't trip the counter. I did that later with a twrp backup I tried to make. But, root is there nonetheless, nothing lost. I do have screenshots, I can't do outside links, but I'll try to add them.
    Straight up.

For all those who are wondering:

As of 12/3/2014, there is still NO ROOT FOR BASEBANDS I527UCUBNE7 and I527UCUBNJ1. As such, keep the following in mind:

1. ANYONE purporting to have a method which you can 'download and install' is full of **** and should not be trusted.
    2. ANYONE (unverified) trying to sell you same said file or different 'rooting solution' is also full of ****.
    3. UNLESS IT'S VETTED ON THIS THREAD, DON'T ****ING TRUST IT!
    XDA is a community, take your strong arm crap somewhere else, mods need to prune this thread of your solicitations. If you can't provide actual proof then you are just another scammer.
    Yeah I'm done. Grabbing a Nexus 6 when released. And lesson learned....never ever ever buying a device from AT&T ever again. Their draconian methods of keeping people from enjoying the devices they own is my final straw.