Difference in charging speed with different chargers?

Search This thread

k1ckdapro

Dec 12, 2011
Hi,

I was wondering if using a 2A charger with a normal Micro USB cable will charge my Note 3 as fast as the same charger with a Micro USB 3.0 cable?

Considering that USB 3.0 only delivers a higher output compared to 2.0 when plugged into a PC, I guess it makes no difference when using wall chargers?

Am I right ?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

htc6500uk

Apr 23, 2009
West Midlands - UK
Reactions: knightandroid

scandiun

Jul 12, 2010
The phone detects if you are using a wall or usb charger, the second is considerably slower. Some usb chargers cheat to seem wall chargers so charges much faster.

Divine1604

Apr 18, 2014
What if I use a micro USB cable that is attached to a wall adapter plug, will it still charge fast on note 3?

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
What if I use a micro USB cable that is attached to a wall adapter plug, will it still charge fast on note 3?

Charging is not depend on USB 3.0 or 2.0, it acts differently only while transferring data. Otehrwise for charging both works similar.

The stock wall adapter has 2Amp output and I’ve a power bank with same output and the Power Bank provided with a short USB 2.0 cable and with both it takes same time to full charge. So no issues with the cable.

Top Liked Posts