[Q] My Note fell down.. no screen, no response..what to do?

Search This thread

noblejose

May 1, 2011
Bangalore
My note (SM-P605) fell down from a table to floor (around 4ft height only), just half an hour back :crying:
No visible marks/ scratch externally.
The tab was on when it fell.. and it was in a book case (a MOKO well made case). I just couldn't understand that it can't withstand such a small fall? even inside a good case?
i could see the tab screen when i picked it up - but the screen was kind of washed display the YELLOW tone was MISSING when i saw. I pressed power button to shutdown.. screen went blank and no response after that. Now sometimes when i press power button, the captive buttons are turning on and I could feel a bit of vibration.. and a ring (notification tone) - no screen.

How to do a force re-start.. as I can't pull the battery.

Help please :crying:

noblejose

May 1, 2011
Bangalore
update - I was able to connect via USB.

My note (SM-P605) fell down from a table to floor (around 4ft height only), just half an hour back :crying:
No visible marks/ scratch externally.
The tab was on when it fell.. and it was in a book case (a MOKO well made case). I just couldn't understand that it can't withstand such a small fall? even inside a good case?
i could see the tab screen when i picked it up - but the screen was kind of washed display the YELLOW tone was MISSING when i saw. I pressed power button to shutdown.. screen went blank and no response after that. Now sometimes when i press power button, the captive buttons are turning on and I could feel a bit of vibration.. and a ring (notification tone) - no screen.

How to do a force re-start.. as I can't pull the battery.

Help please :crying:

Connected via USB, just copied all my data. now all hardware buttons responds. (incl vol keys).. so I guess the problem is with SCREEN now. Is there any way to check screen ? mirroring or so?

jinda628

Nov 12, 2012
New York
That was unfortunate. My note fell from the roof of my suv while I was driving about 40mph. Remembered that it was on the roof, checked it and it was gone.
Drove back 2 miles and found it lying on the middle of the road.

Turned it on and still working. All four edges of the leather case is scratched like it rolled on the road.

noblejose

May 1, 2011
Bangalore
update - device is back :) up and running :)

Thanks to: XDA - for this wonderful platform :)
Thanks to: dandeli21 and ch!no
Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2617614
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOzrRu8PB2Y
(slightly conflicting info on back cover removal, the video shows removal from front glass (so the back cover with steel painted sides will stay together) but the pictures in the above xda thread show to removing the back cover only (without the steel finished sides); I've followed the later.

My piece of tip: Since I didn't had a pry tool or any sophisticated tools for mobile repairing, I've used one of my old Credit Card! to use as a pry :) :cowboy:

Thank you all! and don't drop your tab! And for all those facing similar issues, give it a try! All the best! :good: