Soft Bricked my AT&T GS5 after I tried to install first ROM

Search This thread

cilio87

Aug 26, 2010
I recently rooted my GS5 with Towel Root and installed SafeStrap Recovery... I made a Nandroid recovery. Then I wiped cache/dalvik and system then installed a Rom and when it booted the screen was plain black.

Now when i power on my device all I see is Samsung boot screen with the Custom Unlock.

I can't get into the Recovery any longer and I've downloaded the Stock firmware and have tried flashing through Odin 1.85, 3.07 and 3.09

PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

cilio87

Aug 26, 2010

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
Yes Odin does recognize device. And I have tried that link.. it has all 4 parts that odin flashes, but it always fails. Tried different ports, 2 different usb 2.0 micro usb cords and even the samsung gs5 cord. I also tried a stock firmware I got from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

You did not try to flash all 4 files did you, because the BL file will always fail? You only flash 3, the AP, CP, and CSC files.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: cilio87

Greycloak42

Feb 25, 2011
Yeah, leave out the BL and everything else will flash fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: cilio87

cilio87

Aug 26, 2010

You guys are awesome! I've tried flashing individual things at once, AP over and over again with different mixes but didn't know about BL part always failing. It currently seems like its doing a full flash so im sure it will work!

Thanks again guys greatly appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes Odin does recognize device. And I have tried that link.. it has all 4 parts that odin flashes, but it always fails. Tried different ports, 2 different usb 2.0 micro usb cords and even the samsung gs5 cord. I also tried a stock firmware I got from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

You did not try to flash all 4 files did you, because the BL file will always fail? You only flash 3, the AP, CP, and CSC files.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app