FORUMS

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,190 Vote(s)
59.15%
Yes, kind of.

476 Vote(s)
23.66%
No, needs improvement.

346 Vote(s)
17.20%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,814 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,897

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th June 2013, 02:59 PM |#1051  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Phone Plz Help me sir.........
Sir,I have an ALCATEL OT-918N android platform smartphone.Few days ago i have successfully rooted my phone using SP_FLASH_TOOL.
I was enjoying my rooted phone.But accidently one day i selected RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS in phone settings.After that,my phone
never get switched on.it only shows LED blinking when i connect charger.I gave my phone to local service center but they are saying the
PCB kit has to be change.Is this may a problem of PCB kit? Kindly guide me....My phone also not detected while connecting to PC.
24th June 2013, 05:25 PM |#1052  
Amarillo, Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfreakazoidx

I'm trying to navigate my way through the forums to find out what all is need to put a cyanogenmod on my stock Sprint HTC One. I've already obtained the most current Cyanogenmod and and gapps. What I'm not sure about is the rooting process. Can someone guide me in the right direction to rooting my first phone?

Try this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2244060
24th June 2013, 06:43 PM |#1053  

More
Question about Link2SD on CM 4.2.2 Galaxy Ace S5830
Hi there

I tried to post a question in the Scripts section but was told it was for developers only and also that I must have 10 posts.

My question is about Link2SD.

Firstly, if I uninstall Link2SD and clear out my Ext4 partition of all scripts, will the links that I created already via Link2SD still be the same? I.e. they won't have reverted back to the internal memory?

I want to use CronMod Ext4 script to try it out. I've already did a full backup of my system via CWM and also Titanium, therefore I hope not to have to do a full wipe of my system and it will work. Can anyone advise if it's worth trying this or just to stick with Link2SD? Thanks.
24th June 2013, 07:09 PM |#1054  
Flag Ernakulam
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Unhappy Battery Issue(again)
Help guys I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but of all the answers none of them worked for me.

My phone dies when the battery reaches 10%(and on plugging in the charger it suddenly becomes 10% again) obviously the percentage shown is wrong! Is there any way to make it correct? I've tried a lot of battery calibrations apps and now I've known they are just placebo and did not do anything positive. Could anyone give me detailed instructions so that my phone correctly displays the battery % again?
24th June 2013, 07:44 PM |#1055  
Flag Carbondale
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Ok, i changed my Sdk version from ten to sixteen (jellybean) and release version from 2.3.5 to 4.1.1

Now every app i try to use force closes except for all the stock apps, and a few others. I cant open Rom Toolbox, which is what I used to edit my build.prop in the first place. I can use Es file explorer without it force closing, but I can't edit the build.prop (or any text file) without it force closing. I don't think a factory reset will help, and I do not have a custom recovery. Can someone help me fix this. (the play store won't open either)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
24th June 2013, 08:03 PM |#1056  

More
Dani
hi
i have android tv stick kernel version 3.0.36+ and i am trying to load a module that i downloaded from

world wide web (dot) mediafire (dot) com
download/5ae5eqb7gv8banc/
uinput-allwinner-3.0.36%2B.tar"

and i am using this method

su
mount -o remount,rw /system
/system/lib/modules --- was already there
cp /sdcard/uinput.ko /system/lib/modules
chmod 644 /system/lib/modules/uinput.ko
mount -o remount,ro /system
insmod /system/lib/modules/uinput.ko

insmod: init module '/system/lib/modules/uinput.ko' failed (Exec format error)

how to resolve this issue??
24th June 2013, 09:30 PM |#1057  
Amarillo, Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer.11

Help guys I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but of all the answers none of them worked for me.

My phone dies when the battery reaches 10%(and on plugging in the charger it suddenly becomes 10% again) obviously the percentage shown is wrong! Is there any way to make it correct? I've tried a lot of battery calibrations apps and now I've known they are just placebo and did not do anything positive. Could anyone give me detailed instructions so that my phone correctly displays the battery % again?

"Battery calibration" works well for me, and is free. This works best if you run the battery down completely, then recharge to 100%, then calibrate.
25th June 2013, 03:12 AM |#1058  

More
hi,
i want to use a mod that's for android 4.0+ (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2290281) but i have a nexus one with 2.3.6. is it possible for me to flash something like
[ROM] [4.2.2] [April 07 2013] VJ CM10.1 | Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - v6.0 for N1
(located at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2096747)
to make my phone version 4.2.2 and THEN install the mod?
and then there's the matter of whatever "HBOOT: 250MB system" means.. as far as i know, the default internal storage of my phone is about 200mb. would this be a problem?

thanks so much to anyone who decides to help. i promise i tried searching the forums but i had trouble with using the correct keywords.
25th June 2013, 06:44 AM |#1059  
Flag Batcave
Thanks Meter: 5,239

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysonic5

hi,
i want to use a mod that's for android 4.0+ (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2290281) but i have a nexus one with 2.3.6. is it possible for me to flash something like
[ROM] [4.2.2] [April 07 2013] VJ CM10.1 | Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - v6.0 for N1
(located at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2096747)
to make my phone version 4.2.2 and THEN install the mod?
and then there's the matter of whatever "HBOOT: 250MB system" means.. as far as i know, the default internal storage of my phone is about 200mb. would this be a problem?

thanks so much to anyone who decides to help. i promise i tried searching the forums but i had trouble with using the correct keywords.

Yes, it should work
The Following User Says Thank You to iamareebjamal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamareebjamal Ad-Free
25th June 2013, 08:53 AM |#1060  
Flag mars :P
Thanks Meter: 302

Donate to Me
More
Unhappy please help
can you make an insecure boot.img please
i have original one
25th June 2013, 09:23 AM |#1061  
Flag Batcave
Thanks Meter: 5,239

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssomnath474

can you make an insecure boot.img please
i have original one

Hello, can you please take some time to read this -

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2335502
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)