FORUMS

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,191 Vote(s)
59.17%
Yes, kind of.

476 Vote(s)
23.65%
No, needs improvement.

346 Vote(s)
17.19%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,837 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,914

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th February 2014, 07:06 PM |#5051  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2,614

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousbps

Hey dagger.
need help urgently
having a bootloop problem (bricked )
and not getting how to fix it..

i am using micromax a114 ... and it is having a bootloop problem.

You did something to it??

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
16th February 2014, 07:52 PM |#5052  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
yes
yeah man i was actually changing fonts of android 4.2.2 but after restart it got struck at boot logo. ( ps i already rooted my micromax 2.2 a114)
16th February 2014, 08:14 PM |#5053  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2,614

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

yeah man i was actually changing fonts of android 4.2.2 but after restart it got struck at boot logo. ( ps i already rooted my micromax 2.2 a114)

Did you have any backup of it??
If yes, then restore it via recovery.
If no then search in xda if someone has the backup of it or the stock firmware of it.
If none works, then take it to micromax.
Don't tell them that you did anything.
Just act as a noob and they will fix it for free..

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
16th February 2014, 08:25 PM |#5054  

More
help
i have downloaded MTK from here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1982576)
and downloaded the ROm (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2631365)
from here now can u please tell me what to do next.
16th February 2014, 09:04 PM |#5055  
Flag Southgate
Thanks Meter: 370

More
Is there any way to disable the snow that appears when viewing a photo in the Photos App and shaking the device? Too often I go to show someone a photo and it detects shaking and turns on the snow.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
16th February 2014, 11:21 PM |#5056  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have couple of questions, first one is:
Can I use fastboot to flash new recovery to Galaxy S4 mini? Everywhere everybody says that it must be done with Odin, however, I'm running on Linux and fastboot was easy to use for my HTC One V earlier on. Is Odin a must for flashing S4 mini? I have possibility to use Windows, but it would be easier for me to use Linux.

Second one is: How do I make a backup of original recovery? There is no option for backup on original recovery. I know how to do ROM backup from custom recovery, but how do I do recovery backup before flashing new one in? I'm thinking that if I need someday to get it back to fully stock, I could first flash backup of original ROM in, and after that flash original recovery in, which I think is only possible from computer with original recovery image.
17th February 2014, 12:58 AM |#5057  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:

i have downloaded MTK from here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1982576)
and downloaded the ROm (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2631365)
from here now can u please tell me what to do next.

Hey...flash the firmware using sp flash tools

For mpre info pm me...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
17th February 2014, 09:58 AM |#5058  

More
hy all
i bought a smartphone from China and i have a problem
i want to backup user data in the recovery menu but the recovery language is native set to Chinese
can i change the native Chinese language to English ?
please explane me how
a tutorial would be helpful
tnx
17th February 2014, 11:51 AM |#5059  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivambajaj

Yup thats the file

Hit thanks if ive helped

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

That file is automatically generated by buildinfo.sh and any modification in it is automatically overwritten by the default as soon as you save it. In fact if its deleted it comes back automatically. My problem isn't solved yet. Is there a way I can locate buildinfo.sh file and maybe play with it? I really need to spoof my device make for benefits from my service provider. Or if there's another simpler way it can be done I'd appreciate it.

Sent from my TECNO F7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th February 2014, 12:34 PM |#5060  

More
is it possible to enable monitor mode on samsung gt-s7392?
17th February 2014, 03:05 PM |#5061  

More
I need stock apks for android 4.2.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger

Hello guys..
I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answed the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.

I NEED STOCK APKS eg..message apk,gallery apk,camera apk, FOR ANDROID 4.2.2 (XOLO Q800) RUNNING ON PURE VANILLA ME...DEVELOPED BY SHIKHAR A..AND YES XDA MEMBERS TOO

NEED YOUR GUIDANCE TOO
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)